Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Music

Clothes shopping was certainly… interesting. I managed to shove my hair into pigtails, and Silver Electric and I got new outfits. But something was still missing… As Party Poison and Silver Electric began to discuss a… what was it called… a red good smelling thing…? I headed off in search of just a few things I knew we’d need. First, was a bag. The sign said messenger, and it was beautiful…rather a boring gray color, but I could fix that. A small tag said ‘The Bag of Holding’ 6 pockets, and So. Much. Room. Grabbing the bag off the shelf, I began to dart around the store, shoving in various medical things (band aids, ace bandages, gauze, medical tape, pain killers, burn cream, and antibiotic ointment) duct tape, an actual pair of scissors (not that I didn’t trust Silver Electric, but having to choose between a ray gun and scissors, I choose the scissors.) a pair of welding goggles, a mini sewing kit, as much fabric as I could rip off the bolts, almost 60 packs of instant ramen, then 40 more of instant cup noodles, several hundred sheets of brightly colored paper, 3 cases of rainbow sharpies, 2 packs of ballpoint pens, 7 spiral notebooks, extra face paint, a large canister of nitroglycerin, and one very beat up copy of ‘Explosives Making for Dummies.’

‘My shoulders are gonna be wicked strong after this…’ I thought, heaving the bag onto my shoulder.
‘This thing probably weighs almost as much as I do…’ The only thing I felt was missing now, was a target board. I had such horrible aim. I’m surprised I didn’t manage to shoot myself in the battle with the Draculoids. But with such a horrible lack of skill, that means only improvement can happen, right? Struggling to move quickly with the new weight on my shoulders, I finally found one in the guns section. It was white and red, and according to the label, it was weather proof, bullet proof, and laser proof. Excellent. One more thing added to my bag of never endingness…

“Adrenaline! Where are you? It’s time to go!” Kobra shouted from somewhere in the direction of the tire aisle.

“Adrenaline just finished, she’s gonna head out to the Trans Am now.” I said, giving up on carrying and attempting to drag my bag out. Once I took out the nitroglycerin out, it would probably be lighter…

“Adrenaline! Got everything you need?” Silver asked as Poison shoved his key into the ignition

“Yup! But she can’t get it into the car…” I said, tugging on the bag strap.

“You’re puny little girl muscles can’t handle a messenger bag?” Fun Ghoul asked teasingly, attempting to lift the bag into the car. “Holy shit! What’s IN this thing?” He exclaimed as it made no move to budge.

“Would you like a list?” I asked, enjoying the sight of him angrily trying to beat the bag.

“Yes please…” Silver Electric said as she stared at the bag.

“Let’s see… there are band aids and ace bandages and gauze and med tape, and pain killers and burn cream and antibiotic ointment, and duct tape and scissors and my new welding goggles and a sewing kit thingy a lot of fabric and lots and lots of instant noodles and paper and markers and pens and a few notebooks and face paint and a book about making explosives, and a target so Adrenaline can be not suck-ish at shooting her ray gun.” I Said, listing off.

“And that makes it weigh more than you do?” Jet Star asked

“OH! And a big canister of nitroglycerin, too.” I added. That got me a few weird looks.
It ended up taking both Fun Ghoul and Jet Star to lift my bag up into the back seat of the Trans Am, and then we were squished back into the same positions as before. On the ride back to the diner, Kobra turned on the radio.

“Na na na na, na na na from mall security, na na na na, na na na, to every enemy, na na na na, na na na we’re on your property, standing in a v formation!” This had a name… those words with sounds that changed. I used to like music a lot, but BL/ind* didn’t allow music.

“I love this song! Turn it up!” Fun Ghoul shouted, reaching to turn the volume up.
‘A song. But what was that word… m-music, I think. Music.’ I thought, testing the word out in my head.

“Music.” I said, enjoying the way the word sounded.

“Yeah, Killjoy music.” Jet Star added.
‘I could get used to this music thing.’ I thought, trying to sing along to this ‘song’. I used to like singing, too.

“It’s death or victory!” Poison sang out. I smiled as I used my bag as a pillow, and fell asleep, dreaming of becoming a respected killjoy, not some scared little BL/ind* clone.