Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Trouble

“Well, that was actually kind of fun.” I said to Fun, who was singing along to the new melodious words on the radio. I believe it was called a song. It obviously involved some creativity, which meant that BL/ind* would never allow it.

“DESTROYA, DESTROYA, WE’RE ALL WAITING FOR YA, DESTROY, DESTROYAAAA!” I heard Jet chiming in loudly.

“Adrenaline likes this song!” I heard Adrenaline say.

“Yeah!” I said. The song was pretty good, even if it sounded like the singer was doing something very naughty for a good half of the song... oh well. We listened to the nice thing... music, I believe, the whole way back to what I now considered home. It was quite fun, just not caring what anyone thought, and doing whatever we wanted to do. That included trying to sing along to songs we had never heard before. We saw a van full of other killjoys on our way back home. They saw us and waved. We were almost back to our little DIE-ner, when something hit our windshield. Poison stopped the car and took the piece of paper, looking at it for a while before handing it to Fun and Jet. They looked at it, looked at us, and looked at the paper again. Kobra said

“Let me see! I don’t exactly appreciate being left out, you know!” He grabbed the paper and did the same exact thing that Fun and Jet did. “Wow,” He said. “It’s only been one day since you guys escaped from BL/ind* and they already have a wanted poster for you. This has got to be a new recored.”

“Let me see that.” I said.

“Adrenaline wants to see too!” Adrenaline chimed in. We looked at the paper. It was true, there were our faces on the paper. We were wanted for almost 30 things in total. My part of our little law-breaking spree included “Mass computer hacking, stealing BL/ind* property, killing of draculoids, and refusal to take pills.” Adrenaline’s half included “Unlawful use of color, showing of emotion, Freethinking, and destruction of BL/ind* property”.

“Wow, guys. One day and you’re already charged with as much stuff as we are. Well done!” Party Poison congratulated us.

“Thanks, I think.” I said. That was probably some form of a complement.

“Let’s celebrate!” said Fun. “I’ve been saving an ice cream cake since 2014!”

“I think I’ll pass on that...” I said.

“Adrenaline doesn’t want 5 year old cake... even if it’s probably the last cake in California...” Adrenaline agreed.

“I’m with them on this one...” said Kobra

“Us too...” said Jet and Poison simultaneously.

“Fine then,” Fun said. “More for me!” Not four hours later, Fun Ghoul had a bad case of food poisoning.

“Geez, I would think that you would be smart enough to know that even ice cream cake spoils after 5 years... especially because your freezer isn’t even working half the time.” Dr. D mumbled.

“Uhh... I don’t feel so good...”

“Nice one Fun...” Poison said sarcastically.

“He’ll be fine in a few hours... I hope.” said Dr. D.

“That’s what you get for insisting on eating that thing.” I said, walking out of the room. “Well, I think I’ll take a walk.”

“Take your raygun with you.” I heard poison call, still standing beside Fun.

“Take your katana too!” said Jet from behind me.

“Okay.” I said. I wasn’t an idiot. I wasn’t going to just walk out there without anything.

“Can I come?” I heard Show Pony say.

“Sure.” I said.

“Adrenaline wants to come too. Can she?” I heard Adrenaline say.

“Okay. Let’s go.” I said. This whole thing was sort of crazy to me. Yesterday, Adrenaline and I had been just two more BL/ind* subjects, smiling away. Today, we were wanted for 30 things. We were colorful, fabulous, killjoys. It was weird really, how you can go from one thing to the complete opposite in one day.

“So, hows it going?” said Show Pony, skating slightly ahead of Adrenaline and I.

“Pretty good for Adrenaline. She likes the colorful clothes very much.”

“It’s good for me as well. It’s nice to have a decent conversation with someone who’s not completely drugged out all of the time. I’ll have to get used to not being inside a sleeping tube all day. Wow, that was boring.” I replied.

“Adrenaline too. It was quite boring.”

“Well, it’s good to know you guys won’t be bored anymore. I just hope the scarecrow unit doesn’t come after you guys.”Said Show. The scarecrow unit. I remember hearing about them. Whenever one of the BL/ind* lab rats started acting up particularly badly, they were called in. Instead of the normal draculoid uniform, the creepy mask and white suit, the scarecrows had their face completely covered in a white mask. It had the classic BL/ind* smiley face on it. They were particularly good at killing the killjoys. Whenever a killjoy was dragged into the testing facility, it was by the scarecrows. They were lead by the man who took my parents away and killed them. He was lead by the founder of BL/ind*. She was this weird Asian woman. Unlike the rest of BL/ind*, she didn’t wear white. She wore a dark, smokey gray outfit. It was probably the same color as her heart. She was the one who welcomed all the new lab rats and the one who determined which were being happily monotonous, and which were not. The ones who weren’t were executed.

“Damn. I forgot about them.” I said.

“They’re probably already looking for you if they had the wanted poster’s out this quickly. It usually takes a few weeks.”

“Well, maybe we’re just special.” I said.

“Adrenaline likes being special, but this time, I doubt it’s a very good thing.” Adrenaline chimed in. I wonder if they’ll come after us. Who am I kidding, I wonder WHEN they’ll come after us. If they do, will they kill us, or just put us back in the test facility? Then again, if I work on my katana skills, we might be able to win against them...

“Hey guys,” said Show Pony, “We’ve got company. Look to your right.” We looked to our right and we saw 2 draculoids heading towards the Walmart we found. They must’ve been called as backup for their friends. Too bad they’ll find nothing but a pile of bodies.

“We should spare them the rest of the trip.” I said with an evil smile.

“Let’s see just how sharp my katana is”. I took it out of its sheath and took my raygun out of its holder. it was now painted a bright purple color. I shot at the first draculoid and show shot at the other. Adrenaline pulled the pin of a grenade and threw it at the draculoids. The grenade landed right between them, sending them both flying. I heard a crack and looked over at one, to see that it had landed on it’s head. The crack was it’s neck. The other one landed miraculously on his feet. He started firing at us. I started running at him, full speed ahead, my katana out in front of me. Show shot his raygun at the ground, right next to the draculoid’s foot. He looked down and laughed, thinking that Show had missed. To be fair, he did miss, but it was no accident. The distraction gave me enough time to run around the drac and shove my katana through his chest. He stopped laughing. He also stopped breathing. He fell face first on the ground, blood pooling around him. I pulled my blade out of his back.

“Man, is this thing sharp or what!” I said, looking around for cameras. I found one and shot at it with my raygun.

“I think it’s time to head back now.” I said. “I’m getting kind of tired.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:3