Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Steam

“Poison, where’s Killer going?” I asked. He just kind of stormed out of the diner.
“Blowing off some steam.” He replied quickly.
“Is Silver okay?” I asked cautiously.
“Adrenaline, I need you to do something really important for me. Alright? You can’t ask questions, I just need you to do it.” He sighed.
“But wh-”
“I said you can’t ask questions. I’m only going to explain this once. Silver isn’t in good shape right now. All of us are going to need to put our attention into making sure she gets better, so we can’t take care of you too. If it wasn’t Silver, Killer could’ve watched you, but he’s not all there right now. Dr. D just put out a broadcast asking for volunteers to take you in for a little while. Just until Silver’s okay. We don’t know who’s going to respond yet, but you’ll be in good hands. I need you to pack your things, and just be tough, alright Adrenaline?” I didn’t say anything for a while. How could I? He basically just put me up for adoption. I mean, I’m glad he explained why he had to do it instead of just waiting until I was asleep and dropping me off somewhere, but it hurt. Like, a lot. “Adrenaline doesn’t want to leave here.”
“I know, I know, but it’s only for a little while. Go pack, please?” He sounded so tired. I couldn’t tell him no, so I did as he asked. I made a ‘Get Well’ card for Silver, left an origami crane for Killer, and sat in Dr. D’s office with my knees pulled to my chest.
“I got a response, Candy Gasoline and Lithium Angel said they’d gladly take you.” Dr. D said quietly. I looked up at him with wide eyes.
“But Revenge Trigger and Blood Star wanted to take Adrenaline away.”
“They said those two already left home.”
“And you’re sure we can trust them?” Kobra asked, walking into the room.
“It’s them, or Detonator Liberation, and there’s no way I’m trusting her with a kid.”
“Who’s Detonator Liberation?” I asked. I’d never heard the name before.
“The most insane killjoy you’d ever meet, but hopefully, you won’t meet her.”
“She sounds cool.”
“She sounds crazy.”
“I’m crazy, and you like me.”
“But she’s a grown woman with knives. You’re a teenager with explosives. It’s a hell of a lot easier to disarm you if you go crazy than it is her.”
“So you like me because it’s not hard to get my weapons away from me?”
“No, but that helps.”
“Hello? Dr. Death Defying?” Candy Gasoline…
“In here!”
“Hey guys, hi Adrenaline, are you ready to go?” Biting my lip, I nodded reluctantly.
“Don’t worry, you’ll be back here before you know it.” She reassured, putting an arm around my shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Adrenaline...