Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Numbers

I hopped back onto Kobra’s bike, only this time, no one joined me.
“Oh no you don’t! It’s my bike, and I’m going to ride it. Get in the Trans Am. Besides, you could get hurt.” Kobra said. “I don’t exactly trust you with something that has the capability to catch on fire.”
“Fine, but don’t expect me to not ride it in the future.” I huffed, getting into the back of the car with Fun, Adrenaline, and Killer.
“To the lab, away!” Kobra shouted, starting the bike.
“The what?” Adrenaline asked.
“Oh, we found out where they are. Theres a large house on the city limits, and everyone who was stuck with the needle is there. Adrenaline, Silver, you’re not going to like this, but it’s a drug testing lab. Everyone who was in yours when it exploded was shipped there. They gave them numbers too.” Poison said.
“What numbers? Maybe I knew them before I knew who they were.” I asked.
“Korse said--”
“Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait... you talked to Korse? You actually had a decent conversation?” Adrenaline interrupted.
“It helps when you have a gun under his chin and his head to the wall. So anyway, Korse said Bandit was number 1433626, Cherry and Lily were 1420871 and 1420872, Jami--”
“The twins...” Adrenaline interrupted again. “Cherry and Lily were the twins. They were only set of twins in the entire lab. Everyone called them 1 and 2. They were my friends... and they always hung out with another girl. Her number was 1433626... Bandit’s number.”
“Well, at least they finally got to hang out with each other.” Fun said with a bittersweet smile.
“We’re here.”
Jet kicked the door open, causing it to fly off of its hinges. All that filled the building was deathly silent air and a bunch of broken dreams. We stalked around the building, looking for any signs of life.
“Guys! Come here!” Killer called from the back. We ran to saw a huge white bus leaving on a huge gray road. They evacuated. They knew we were coming. We all shot at the tires and hood, causing the bus to slow down a little bit. Not enough for any of us to catch it. I had an idea. I grabbed Adrenaline’s and Killer’s arms and dragged them to the front of the building, where Kobra’s motorcycle was waiting.
The wind blowing through my hair felt good. We didn’t have time for helmets. The bus was down the road now, still moving just a little bit faster than us. We’re going to catch them, I just know it. The look on Kobra’s face when we passed him was priceless.