Status: Finito.

Secret Admiring

YOU'RE AMAZING JUST THE WAY YOU ARE

Image

For the following few days, it didn't seem as if Ryan was getting closer to Marla. Then, again, everything is not what it seems. My relationship with him still seemed rough. I decided to tag along to another skateboarding competition so I could do damage control and patch things up. I told him I would go on Monday and the competition was Saturday again. 

"Are you going to wear normal clothes time?" He asked. 

"It depends on what's clean and what looks good," I explained. "Looking good takes time. There's hair, makeup, the actual outfit itself plus shoes, accessories, and don't get me started on perfumes and other scents." 

"You always look good. You don't even have to try," he said with a smile. 

"You have no idea," I said with a smirk. 

"Really, now? Ok, then, don't try to look good and impress me by wearing make-up Saturday." 

"You act like I wear a lot of make-up."

"I know you don't. It's just that you're amazing just the way you are," he shrugged. 

I smiled and turn back around in my seat. The thought of Ryan actually liking me was too much. He was so cute, sweet, nice, fun, interesting, and just a great person. I was, well, me. I wasn't ugly, not by a long shot, but I was no Marla. I was prettier, but not the prettiest. I was more interesting, but not the most interesting. I was smarter, but not the smartest. I was just second best: second to Marla. 

Saturday couldn't come fast enough but when it finally did, I was ready. I woke up at 5:30, showered, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and got dressed. Ryan called me when he pulled up a little after six. I went out to his car.

"So how do I look?" I asked once I opened up the passenger's door. The door was open and I stood on the street so Ryan could see the whole outfit.

"Gorgeous," he muttered barely audible.

"Aww, you're so sweet," I started as I hopped in and buckled my seatbelt. "I could just kiss you at times."

"Why don't you?" He said not necessarily to me. 

Without a moment of hesitation, I leaned over and kissed his cheek. He looked over at me as I froze where I was. I hadn't thought this far through. Luckily, I didn't have to. His lips were against mine before I could start to explain what had happened. 

The kiss was timeless. The world disappeared completely as my hands found the side of his face. He smiled in the kiss causing me to smile and pull away. We just looked at each other with the biggest grins on our face. 

"We should probably go," Ryan started without making any effort to put his truck in drive. 

I nodded and chuckled slightly. "Yeah, we probably should."

"Ok," he nodded as his eyes still stayed glued with mine. 

"Oh my gosh," I muttered. "Drive, Ryan, drive!" 

He jumped a little. "Oh, yeah, sorry. My bad- I was a little- yeah." He said as he pulled off. 

"I know," I started. "I have that effect on people."