Status: Finito.

Secret Admiring

NOW I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN

Image

After that first day in English class, I loved getting up for school. I had English as a first period class. Everyday I got up to see Ryan for nearly an hour. I wasn't a morning person but mornings certainly got better. The first few weeks of school flew by so quickly. Before I knew it, it was the middle of September. 

I crossed campus as the chilling brisk, fall air blew softly. I stuffed my hands in my pocket as I walked, deeply inhaling and taking it all in. I slowly walked into the building, unenthusiastically  excited for the hustle-and-bustle of Hillcrest High's hall. 

I walked through the congested halls and stopped at my locker. I spun my combination grabbed my things for English, and moseyed my way down to 202. Without including Ryan and myself, there were just a few of us in the room. There were two girls, Beth and Laine, and a boy named Owen. I sat in my seat front of Ryan with legs facing sideways so I could talk to him. 

"Good morning, Pooter. You're looking dapper." I said, quoting The House Bunny.

"What?" He asked.

"It's from this insanely funny movie called The House Bunny." I explained. 

"Oh," he started, "I remember seeing trailers for that but I never saw it."

"You have to come over and watch it sometime. We have Netflix on our Wii." I invited.

"You mean like a date?"

"No, I mean that you should come over and watch a movie."

"Would it be just the two of us?" Ryan asked with a flirtatious smile while nudging my arm. 

"It can be," I said beaming at him with a smile of my own. Our eyes were locked and we both ignored the bell that had just sounded. 

Ryan leaned over the front of his desk lessening the distance between our faces. "Well, it seems to me like I will just have to take you up on that offer and come over tonight."

"I figured you would," I said matter-of-factly.

"Really?" He said holding his gaze and not moving. We had to look like something in a movie before Miss Brinkley walked in. Once she walked in, we quickly reverted to our own habits. Everything she said went through one ear and out the other. I was too busy thinking about Ryan meeting up with me later. Now I couldn't wait to see him again.