Status: Finito.

Secret Admiring

HE BELONGS TO ME; THE BOY IS MINE

Image

At the end of the day, Ryan stalked me to my locker again. This time I noticed him. We talked to each other as I packed. It was so great talking to him. He had eyes that I could melt in and a smile I could look at all day. I loved talking to him because he really listened and cared. Also, he could tell when I was bored. He'd tell me these interesting stories that really perked me up.

"Are we still on for our date?" He asked as I packed the books I would need to complete my homework. 

"Oh, no, I was just kidding, but you really should see the movie." I continued. 

"Why not?" He asked with his puppy-dog eyes and pouting expression.

"Well, I have homework, volleyball practice at five, and work to do for my debate tournament coming up." I explained, shutting my locker and leaning against it. 

"Why so serious?" Ryan asked. 

"It sounds to me like you really want this 'date'."

"Actually, I really want to see the movie without paying an arm and a leg at Blockbuster."

"Hmm," I shrugged before brushing past him. I smirked to myself as I heard him follow behind me calling out my name. I ignored him as I continued to walk to the spot where I always waited for my best friend, Marla. He followed me all the way to the fountain. 

"Lynnie, Lynnie, Lynnie," He started. 

"Don't you triple Lynnie me," I said quoting Phil of the Future, an old Disney TV show. I stopped in my tracks and waited for Marla.   

"Wow, are you seriously mad?"

"Of course not! That's another quote." I explained. 

"I'm lost."

"Oh my gosh, you have some major catching up to do. I would tell you the name of the series but I wouldn't want it to cost you two arms and two legs."

"It was a joke!" Ryan said spastically as he softly grabbed my forearm. 

"Calm down, Shecky. I know you wouldn't do anything to jeopardize your chance at a date with me." I sighed. 

"Yeah, you're so right. I wouldn't dare think of anything that would ultimately get in the way of me going out on a date with you, the most beautiful girl in the entire school."

"You know, sarcasm only works when it's not true." I said, finishing my sentence when Marla walked up.

"Yeah, I know." He said with a wink before leaving.

I smiled at him before turning to Marla and starting to depart to her car. We lived a block away from each other and were best friends. Of course, we carpooled.  

"Hey," I greeted.

"What was all that about?" She asked. 

"Nothing," I answered nonchalantly. 

"It didn't seem like 'nothing'. Besides, he was a cutie." She responded. 

'Back off; that boy is mine,' I thought.