Late at Night...

4

Chapter 4:
Jess’s POV:
As I wrapped the sticky band aid over my eleventh and final scratch, I felt anger towards Abbie. I cursed as I tripped over, the little bandaid wrappings scattering all over the floor. I picked them up in the dark. It was 1:00 PM. I like this time of day, well night. I prefer night to day. I place the bandaid wrappings in the bin in my room. I had received eleven scratches on my arms and legs from walking over to her place in the dark. I guess I could have been smart and taken a torch. But she seemed afraid, even though it was on MSN.
I’ve known Abbie for so long I guess I kind of knew something was wrong. At least I thought I knew. Unless there are things she isn’t telling me…
Abbie’s POV:
Now I regretted not telling Jess about the dreams. After seeing what I became in that dream…well let’s just say if I wasn’t afraid before I definitely am now.
The black. The night. The blood. The fangs. The murder. I was a vampire. A vampire! Me! I have no idea what this means! I barely even know anything about vampires! I’d call Zanita and seek help from her but I know it wouldn’t do any good since I know she isn’t into the whole supernatural dark scene either. She can’t help me anymore.
Now I know only one person who can help me.
Jess’s POV:
The sweet sound of My Chemical Romance was blasting into my ears via the medium of thy holy headphones. It was 2:03 according to the clock on my computer. I was still online on MSN, though my friends had long gone offline. But mainly I was just on INO browsing through the posts and stuff. I did get a little shocked when I heard a knocking on my window. I saw the outline of someone but couldn’t see in the dark who it was.
I was shocked for two reasons: A: That someone had managed to get up to my bedroom window which is on the second storey and B: I had heard the knocking over MCR which was playing loudly directly into my ears.
I got up and walked over to the window, opening it up. “Sonny? What are you doing here?” I asked as Sonny Moore climbed through the window.
“Hey Jess. I was bored, thought I’d come visit.” Sonny replied.
“Its two in the morning? I could have been sleeping. Why are you all wet?” I said, walking over and grabbing a towel from my cupboard. I handed it to Sonny.
“It’s raining outside.” He shrugged. “Like you’d be asleep Jess.”
“I guess. But still…why are you here?” I asked. Sure Sonny and I were friends but he’d never come over to my place in the middle of the night when it was pouring down rain just because he was ‘bored.’
Anyways I didn’t mind as I was getting a bit bored too since I’d been on the computer for a few hours. (Not that I’d ever get sick of INO, I just wanted a break.)
Sonny and I sat on my bed and turned on the TV in my room. I hastily turned the volume down so I didn’t wake the whole neighbourhood up. (Um, My Chemical Romance had come on the TV and I’d turned it up really loud…) The TV was pretty quiet now. Being 10 past 2 in the morning, nothing good was on.
Both Sonny and I easily heard the familiar ding of the MSN alerting us that somebody had just signed in.
“Strange.” I said. “None of my friends are usually on at this hour. Well except you of course.” Sonny shrugged and I got up to check who had signed in. “It’s Abbie.” I said, sitting at the computer chair. Sonny wandered over to the computer, moving another chair across and taking a seat on it. I was about to IM her but she IM’d me first.
*~*~*Abbsta*~*~* says: Jess! You’ve got to help me!
.x.Jess.Caffeine.Addict.x. says: What is it Abbie? (Um I’m not alone here just so you know don’t say anything you wouldn’t want Sonny to see.)
*~*~*Abbsta*~*~* says: Sonny’s there, oh that’s ok I don’t even care. I think I’m going insane.
.x.Jess.Caffeine.Addict.x. says: Insane, Abbie, what the hell?
*~*~*Abbsta*~*~* says: I should have told you earlier, I, I keep having these dreams.
.x.Jess.Caffeine.Addict.x. says: Dreams like what?
I looked at Sonny and he looked back at me. He looked a bit concerned, and I’m sure I did too.
*~*~*Abbsta*~*~* says: Can I come over?
.x.Jess.Caffeine.Addict.x. says: Sure. See you soon.