Late at Night...

7

Chapter 7:
Jess’s POV:
I took a shower and felt refreshed as I changed into fresh clothes. I opened one of the drawers in the bathroom and pulled out a hair brush. I brushed my hair until it looked presentable enough. I finished up in the bathroom by putting on my black eyeliner. I wandered out of the bathroom and downstairs to get some breakfast. I grabbed a bowl from the cupboard and poured some coco pops into it. I went to the fridge, grabbing the milk and added it to the bowl. I put the milk away, grabbed a spoon, and sat at the kitchen table, munching on my coco pops, thinking about Abbie’s situation…but also thinking about Sonny…
Sonny’s POV:
I’d just showered. I had fresh clothes on now, that, yes, were dry. I worked on my appearance a little longer, fixing my hair and applying my eyeliner and shit. I thought I’d better have something to eat before I left. I grabbed some cereal and ate that. I started thinking about Abbie’s whole freaky situation thing and began thinking about Jess…
*Ring! Ring!* The phone rang. I walked over and answered it.
“Hey Sonny. It’s Mikey.” The phone said.
The phone said, ha, it sounds funny in that context.
“Mikey! What’s up?” I replied.
“Oh, nothing much. Haven’t caught up with you for a few days, that’s all.” He said.
“Oh, so you wanted to see what was up in Sonny-land eh?” I joked.
“Yeah, something like that.” He laughed.
“Hey how’s Gerard going?” I asked.
“Oh yeah, he’s good. Not here at the moment. Don’t know where he’s gone, actually.” He replied.
We chatted on for a while longer.
Abbie’s POV:
The bed unmade itself. The blankets were thrust back to the end of the bed, then thrown off completely.
“Abbie.” A voice said. That voice. Again. I turned around, though I knew it was pointless. I turned around still, searching the room. “Give it the fuck up. You know you can’t see me.” I searched still, the fear on my face evident. “You’re afraid. Well be fucking afraid. I’ll never leave you alone Abbie. Not until you accept it. So fucking accept it already!” The voice screamed.
Jess’s POV:
Abbie ran down the stairs. Seeing her terror stricken face, I walked back up to my room. She followed cautiously behind. We arrived. Everything seemed to be in order. Everything was tidy. Abbie’d even made the bed.
“Abbie, what happened?” I asked her.
She explained. I didn’t know what to say, what to do. Out of all other ideas, I picked up the phone and dialled Sonny’s number. Engaged. Damn. I waited a few more minutes and tried again. This time I got him. I told him to get his ass over here now.
Not long after he arrived. Abbie explained her story to him and he didn’t have any ideas either.
Abbie didn’t want to be alone, but she also didn’t want to be in her clothes anymore. After last night, running to my place, and the fear, she wanted some fresh ones. She didn’t want to go back to her place alone and both Sonny and I were too lazy to take her so I let her borrow some of my clothes.
She went and showered.
This was a good opportunity for Sonny and I to talk about the whole situation.
Sonny’s POV:
We laid on Jess’s bed, thinking of things that we could do to help Abbie.
“It just doesn’t make sense, Sonny. She said the blankets were all over the room. 30 seconds later the bed was made all neat and tidy and everything seemed fine.” She said. “I don’t know what to do. I hate seeing her like this…”
“I know. So do I.” I said, moving closer to her and squeezing her hand.
“This is going to sound terrible, but…do you think what she’s saying actually true…or do you think it’s all in her head?” She asked me.
“I don’t know. We need something that will show us she definitely is making up or she definitely isn’t.” I replied.
We laid in silence until Abbie arrived back, wearing fresh clothes. Her hair was dripping slightly, and had been brushed. People like Abbie were so different to people like me. It’s strange that I’m friends with someone (Jess) who is friends with someone like that.
Sure, Abbie had put on some makeup, but she’d forgotten the essential ingredient: Black eyeliner! She had a girly pink shade of lip gloss on. That was it.
I had more makeup on than she did. But then again Abbie had always liked the less is more approach to makeup. Hmm…the exact opposite to mine. Hey, most of the time all I wore was eyeliner.
And she was so different to Jess as well. Abbie wore bright colours like pink and yellow. She wore shorts, skirts, singlets. She wore feminine makeup. Jess wore band tees, jeans, makeup in the shade of black. Guess they were just those friends who are friends but don’t have much in common.
Anyways, I’m getting off the point here. Jess and I explained to Abbie that we weren’t sure what we could do to help her just yet. We promised her we’d figure it out, and she shed some more tears. Jess and I comforted her, ok, well mainly Jess with me throwing in a few words every now and then.
I noticed, during the whole calming process, that Jess shot me a few looks saying ‘We have to do something for her, we have to help her somehow.’ Well that’s how I interpreted it and the Son-ster is pretty accurate at determining looks.
Still, I didn’t have ideas on how to help Abbie without more information. Information or proof.