Late at Night...

8

Chapter 8:
Abbie’s POV:
After Jess and Sonny calmed me down, mainly Jess, a sudden feeling of courage swept over me. I felt that if there was ever a time to try and face this whole thing, now was it. I politely asked Sonny and Jess to leave the room. They left the room, their expressions puzzled.
I stood up from the bed, leaving wrinkles in the bedspread as I did so. I wandered to the centre of the room.
“Who are you and what do you want?” I asked in a casual, but firm voice.
“Why don’t you see for yourself.” The voice replied, almost instantly.
I heard a swish of the air and turned around rapidly. Before me was a man. He was taller than I, with long dark hair. His skin was so pale it looked like it had never met the rays of the sun.
He stared down at me. His hand began to reach for my shoulder and I let out a shrill scream.
Sonny and Jess burst into the room and he disappeared as quickly as he had appeared, with the same swish of the air sounding.
“What happened?” Jess and Sonny asked in unison.
I remained where I was standing. “He was here. The guy, the voice I’ve been hearing.”
“Oh my god. Did you recognise him?” Jess asked.
“No. But he was really pale and he had black hair, and it was long for a dude, and he had eyeliner or something like that on. He looked damn scary.” I explained.
Sonny and Jess thought for a moment. “Could be someone from school or something. Just playing some kind of sick joke. Setting up tape recorders and projectors for the guy you saw.” Sonny offered.
“Then how do you explain the nightmares, Sonny?” I asked. It frustrated me that he thought I was making this up. Well he seemed to think that anyway.
“I don’t know, ok, it was just a possibility.” He said, waving his hand in defence.
“Your description. It’s just…” Jess began, but trailing off soon after. She sat down on her bed. Sonny and I took a seat as well.
“Just what?” I asked.
“No, forget it. It couldn’t be…” She trailed off again.
“What?” I asked, hoping to have more luck this time.
“Nothing. Forget it, ok.” She repeated.
“Jess just say it.” Sonny said.
“Fine.” She began.
“So you listen to him…” I cut her off. Oops. Was meant to be listening.
“Ha ha. I dunno it’s just your description sounded kind of like…” She trailed off again.
“Like?” I poked around for more.
“Like Gerard Way. Don’t laugh ok, it’s just the description sounds like him. That’s all.” She finished.
Sonny let out a small laugh. “Hey, I told you not to laugh!” She said.
I didn’t laugh because I didn’t get it as much as Jess and Sonny. They were into a totally different style of music to me. I’d heard Jess mention Gerard Way endless times but hadn’t seen many pictures of him.
“Can I see a picture of him?” I asked, despite some more laughter from Sonny.
“If you want. I really doubt it’s him though, Abbie.” Jess said, heading for her computer. She pressed the on button and some of the computers buttons lit up. Once it was on, she opened a file called ‘Gerard Way.’
“God, how many pics of him do you have?” I asked seeing the tiny little pictures on the screen. Jess double-clicked on one of them, enlarging it.
“Go to another one.” I instructed. Sonny was still sitting on the bed. He knew what Gerard Way looked like. Jess double-clicked on another one of the tiny pictures, making it bigger. I gasped.
“That’s him. That’s the guy that was here.” I said, pointing madly at the screen.
Jess raised her eyebrows in disbelief. Sonny rose from the bed.
“Abbie, you do realise that’s a very famous celebrity you’re talking about?” Sonny said to me.
“Yeah I realise that. But that’s the dude. Or it looked a hell of a lot like him. No, it didn’t just look like him, I’m positive that is was him.” I said confidently.
I shooed Sonny and Jess out of the room then. I was pretty sure they wanted some time without me anyway, you know to talk about my sanity.
I, however, wanted some time, not alone, but with ‘Gerard Way.’ I wanted to see if it really was him, now that I’d seen some pictures.
“Gerard? Gerard Way? Is that you?” I called. I heard the swishing sound that was hastily becoming familiar to me.
Sonny’s POV:
I sat at the dining room table, opposite Jess. For one time in our friendship we were actually silent. I don’t think either of us knew what to say. Gerard Way? No, it couldn’t be. Gerard Way, the vocalist of My Chemical Romance? Nah, no way.
Jess broke the silence, offering me some breakfast. I told her I’d eaten at home and she just nodded. Silence again.
Ha. Silence. I don’t think we’d ever had more than a couple of seconds silence in the entire duration of our friendship. And here was silence by the gallons.
We sat in silence until a very pale faced Abbie appeared by the dining room table.
“Abbie?” Jess asked, standing quickly, going to her side.
“It’s him.” She replied. She opened her mouth to speak again, then quickly shut it, hoping no one had noticed. I had.
“And?” I urged.