Late at Night...

9

Chapter 9:
Jess’s POV:
“He was a vampire.” She said, her hands shaking terribly.
Sonny and I exchanged glances before leading her back up to my room to discuss the matter further.
“Gerard Way? A vampire?” I asked. “Holy dog pen wall bean towel tape…I don’t know what to say to that! I was just…I didn’t really think…” I couldn’t finish my sentences. Gerard Way. He was one of my idols and I just found out he was a vampire, the being causing my friend so much emotional harm. Wait a second, I don’t believe that. I won’t believe it until I see it with my own eyes.
Abbie explained the story to Sonny and I. Basically he’d shown up, revealing his fangs and looking for something to eat, a woman’s voice was hear, and he just disappeared again. That’s how she put it anyway. Actually, that’s how I put it, with a lot less detail and more casual and less dramatic.
When I asked her what the woman said, she replied “I’m not sure exactly. Her voice was soft, like she was far away. I turned around but couldn’t see her. She said something like ‘Gerard dearest, leave the girl alone, remember the agreement?” I’m pretty sure that’s it.”
The three of us sat, deep in thought. It was a while before anyone spoke again. It was Sonny. “Enough of this shit. I say we get off our asses and find out what the hell Gerard Way is doing if it even is him.”
“I don’t know…” Abbie protested in a soft, innocent voice.
“Abb, I think Sonny’s right. We should do something. I mean what’s the use of sitting around here on our asses and waiting for ‘Gerard’ to do whatever he wants whenever the hell he feels like it. He has the upper hand, Abbie. We could try to get the upper hand back. It’d help if we knew more about what we were dealing with here.” I explained.
“Agreeing with Sonny again. Sonny, you don’t know how much I envy the control you have over her…” Abbie said.
Sonny laughed. I smiled. “Well if you ever want her to agree with you…I’m the guy to get involved.” He smiled.
“Anyways…what exactly are we gonna do?” I questioned my two best friends.
“How’d you get ‘Gerard’ to show up before? Just do that.” Sonny suggested.
“I don’t know if it’d work though. He disappeared when you guys arrived.” She said.
“We can try.” I said, standing. Sonny stood too. Finally, Abbie stood and tried to get ‘Gerard’ to come.
“Gerard Way?” She asked, her voice uneven. I could see her trembling. Nothing happened. “Gerard? You there?” Swish.
I know Gerard Way. I could recognise him anywhere, anytime. I must have seen thousands of pictures of him and heard his voice thousands of times. And when I saw him, standing before Abbie, I almost died of shock.
Actually I was having a bit of a teeny moment. Stupid as it sounds, this was Gerard Way, THE Gerard Way.
“Abbie. I see you have company.” He said. “Sonny. Jess.” OH MY GOD OH MY GOD did Gerard Way just know my name oh my god major teeny moment!
I got snapped back to reality and out of my teeny moment when I started paying greater attention to his looks. His black clothes hung nicely off his body. His pale skin brightened the dark room. His teeth shone bright white. Wait a second those weren’t normal teeth, they were fangs. Blood stained his lips, making them redder. Blood stained in a single line down his chin. A messy eater, I suppose. I mean drinker. Damn. Wait, fuck, do I know what I’m even saying?
Gerard Way is a vampire.
Oh my god.
Gerard Way. A vampire. For real.
I wasn’t afraid of him. I mean, how could I be? This was the man whose creative talents I’d admired for years.
Well this is taking ‘creative talents’ to a new level. A whole new level.
My thoughts were interrupted when another figure appeared.
She had black hair, shoulder length, with a choppy blonde fringe. She wore all black. Abbie would probably be freaking out a bit right now, but to Sonny and I it was ok. People like that didn’t freak us out. Abbie was more shielded from that kind of stuff, I suppose. She ignored the three of us and turned her attention to Gerard. Gerard, Gerard Way. Wow, that still amazed me. I was standing in a room, wait, MY room with Gerard Way, my two best friends and some girl who just appeared out of nowhere.
“Gerard. You said you’d stay away. Remember our agreement?” The girl asked.
“Emma, I know very well of our agreement. I felt it polite to answer young Abbie’s call to me. She’s so, hmm, let’s see, innocent. She has no idea who she’s dealing with here.” Gerard replied.
“Still, you shouldn’t have come.” This Emma girl protested. I saw her teeth. Fangs. She had them too.
“Emma.” Gerard said, his tone serious. “I’ve done this before. I know what I’m doing. This is my biggest challenge yet.” His voice grew quieter now. “Other people are involved here, that hasn’t happened before.”
I could hear him with some straining of my ears, but I’m confident that’s what he said.
“Hi, are you really Gerard Way?” I asked stupidly.
“Yes. Do you have a problem with that?” He asked, flashing his blood stained fangs in my direction.
“No. I don’t. I was just wondering why a celebrity like you was stalking my best friend.” I said with no emotion.
“I have some advice for you.” He said calmly, looking me in the eye. I looked plainly back.
“Stay the fuck out of it!” He yelled. He had somehow done that instant movement thing and was screaming right into my face.
I stood there, without flinching, taking in his words. I still wasn’t afraid, though his fangs were right in front of me. So close to my neck.
I glanced at Sonny. He seemed ok. He looked a little concerned for me, seeing as a vampire just screamed at me. I glanced at Abbie, and found her very scared looking. Poor girl.
“Emma. We should leave now. This isn’t doing any good and it’s just getting them more involved.” He emphasised the word them, looking evilly at Sonny then I as he said so.
In an instant the two of them were gone, the three of us left to wonder.