Status: Active

Untitled

Picking up the Pieces

I entered my rooms and got as far as my bed before I collapsed in on myself and I started to cry. I heard movement behind me but I didn't have the will to move, even if it was an enemy who was luck and snuck in. Then I was wrapped in a hug and Mel was comforting me, while she was crying. Gandalf was like a grandpa to her and he always showed an interest into what she was doing so that she felt special. He was a magnificent man because anyone he met he could make them feel special because he actually paid attention to what was going on or being said. When I started to train with weapons he was there to encourage me and to throw some obsatcles in my way.
I do not know how long we stayed in that position, but once my tears ran out and my sobs quieted down I said goodbye to my Ada.
"Ná Elbereth veria le, ná elenath dín síla erin rád o chuil lín." I said bowing to where the mines were. (May Elbereth protect you, may her stars shine on the path of your life.) When I looked up Mel was composed as was I.
We both exited my room and I lead her to my aunt, who was in her personal rooms. As I entered her rooms I saw her sitting near her balcony reading a book. When she heard Mel's footsteps she looked up and smiled gently at us. She put her book down and opened her arms for us, so we went and gave her a hug. We stepped back after a little bit and she got a serious look on her face.
"Ana, I would like if you would journey with the Fellowship. I know your father wanted you to join him if or when he came through here. Since he is not here to welcome you to their party I am asking that you do. They are lossing hope, I wish that you could help them, they are all men, maybe one female will be able to restore their hope. Even if it is only with a little laughter on their dark journey. I forsee hard times are to come. But I also see a small flicker of hope, it would make your father proud if you journeyed with these men he called companions. This will also lead you to a road you never thought of. Do not hesitate or fear what is to come, my dear Anameleth, for that will weaken you and your hope. I wish you the best of luck. They will leave in the morn, please be ready to depart with them, if that is your choice. No in elenath hîlar nan hâd gîn." Galadriel said giving a small smile. (May all stars shine upon your path.)
"Le hannon Lady Galadriel. I will journey with them." As I said that I started to leave, pulling Mel with me. (Thank you.)
From there we went to my room to start to pack. I put in two dresses, just incase there was the need for it. Then I put in two white tunics, two pairs of brown leggings, and two brown vests. After those were packed I grabbed my weapons and laid them all out. First my twin blades which Haldir had forged for me, then my twelve daggers which I forged myself, next was my bow of the Galadhrim and my arrows, and finally I put out my short staff which had a small many faceted crystal on top of it. When I turned to look at Mel I saw her smirking at me, and then she laughed.
"What is it?" I asked, confused by her laughter.
"I believe you might have more weapons than the whole Fellowship." She choked out between laughs. I frowned at her and then I too started to laugh, because that was probably true.
"Mel, I would like for you to go to Rohan and wait for me there, for I believe that Saruman will make sure to change our course again. Please take Vanya with you and leave her near the Mearas. Also take with you your weapons, I do not wish for you to get hurt." I said grabbing my twin swords and starting to clean and sharpen them. "Go get your stuff ready and then bring two of your weapons and we will go down and practice."
"Good, I thought you might leave me out of this journey. Which would make me follow you and then you would have been mad. Should I tell Haldir to get Orophin and Calanon?" She asked as she was exiting my room.
"Yes that would make it more interesting. Tell him it will be in the usual place too." I said, switching my blades for my daggers.
A while later, when I was reading a book on the last war, Mel entered with her long sword and a dagger, smirking. I grabbed my twin swords and we ran down the lets and went to our training area. When we got there we saw the Fellowship there, either sitting or sleeping, Haldir was talking to Aragorn. I silently went up behind Haldir and put my swords like an x at the back of his neck.
"Your dead." I stated quietly. Haldir got quiet and then Orpohin and Calanon jumped down from the trees and advanced on me, but I put my hand up to stop them. "No, we go to a different clearing so we do not wake up the ones sleeping, they have need of sleep."
Suddenly there was laughter to the right of me and I saw that they were all awake anyways. Sighing I motioned for Oro and Cal to continue. They started to advance towards me and I stepped back so I could see Hal, Oro, and Cal. They all smirked and I smiled and bowed to them, letting them know to start. When Oro and Cal charged I smiled over to Mel and ran at them. Right before we collided I dropped down and tripped them, when someone came up behind me I quickly rolled out of the way of their sword and lept up. As I turned I brought up my swords to block Haldir's sword, keeping one of my swords in a block position I used the other one to push his off mine. Then I brought my right sword up to block Cal's attack, while Oro tried to distract me. I smirked and swung my right sword around and used the momentum to force Cal's sword out of his hands. Mel was fighting with Haldir which left Oro to me as well. I smiled at him and went on the offensive, I kept swinging at him not letting up. Just as I was about to relive him of his weapon a sword point touched my back.
"Your dead." Haldir said quietly. I pouted and turned to look at him.
"No fair. I was just about to finish Oro off." I said still pouting. Haldir just looked at me and then returned to talking to Aragorn. When I knew he wasn't looking I stuck my tongue out at him, only for it to be grabbed by Mel.
"Now, now. Don't be childish Ana, it isn't very becoming." She said trying to hold in her laughter. After a while she let go of my tongue and I stopped glaring at her.
"It's your fault. You were supposed to defeat him. Didn't we both agree that he needed to learn some humility? That way when we hide his sword again he won't get so mad?" I asked forgetting to be quiet. Mel's eyes widened and she paled.
"So you two are the little buggers that hide my sword. Not very becoming of a princess. I am going to have to see what can be done about that Lady Anameleth." Haldir said from behind me. My eyes widened and I turned to look at him.
"I have no idea what you are talking about." I said looking perfectly innocent. Then all three of us laughed and I bid Haldir and the Fellowship goodnight. As we entered the area for our rooms I bid Mel a goodnight and I went to sleep, knowing that I wouldn't be getting much over the following days.
♠ ♠ ♠
pronunciation: Nah Ell-bare-ehth vare-ee-ah lay, nah ELL-ehn-ahth deen see-lah air-een rahd oh hweel leen No een elehn-nahth hee-lahr nahn hahd geen [hard G] Lay hah-non