Status: Uber Active!

Always Something More

Chapter 12

“I’m here” I texted Kennedy before stepping out of my car. Today was a hot one in Arizona; the sun brutally beat down on you. It was times like this that I didn’t miss in Michigan.

As I approach the venue, Kennedy was nowhere to be seems so I texted him again. “Where are you? I’m at the door.” He came out and spotted me in the crowd with tons of scene girls.

“Hey” he said, and leaned down and hugged me.

“O.M.G!” “Kennedy! I LOVE YOU!” some of the girls were shouting out. A few of them even came over to him to ask for a picture. He posed for a couple but then told everyone he had to leave. He grabbed my hand and I felt all the glares and dirty looks all the girls were giving me. Girls now a days were vicious.

“Wow so Last Call for Cameron has gotten pretty big I can see. Are you guys playing here tonight?” I remember sitting in Kennedy’s basement watching LCFC practice. I knew that they’d get big and known.

“Oh um no we’re not playing tonight.” He didn’t sound happy; it was probably because he wanted to play tonight. “Aw that’s too bad. Where are we going?” he was still holding my hand and pulling me through the venue.

“Where going to one of the backrooms to meet up with everyone.” I stopped walking and he felt my sudden movement. He looked back at me and gave me a confused look. “What? What’s wrong?” I didn’t want to hang out with everyone. I didn’t want to see John; I didn’t even want to think about him. And Garrett and Carmen wouldn’t want to see me. “You know what? you go hang out with them and I’m just going to go wait in line.” I tried to let go of his hand and walk away but he didn’t let go. He walked closer to me “it’s ok; no one will do anything to do.” Yeah that was true in a way, but I didn’t want to feel the tension.

“No thank you, you go have fun. I’ll see you later on.” I tried again to pull away but he just wouldn’t have it. “The doors don’t open for a while; you’re going to die of the heat before the concert.” He had a point; I’d be sunburned and hate life ever more.

“There’s a small coffee shop down the road we can go there and hang out for a while.” I nodded my head and gave a smile. He led the way once again. Before we opened the door he turned to me and looked worried. “We need to be quick; I don’t want all the fans to attack us.” I laughed but he was serious. He put his hand on the door knob and squeezed my other hand that he was holding. “1, 2, 3” we both ran towards my car as quickly as we could.

We got into the car and I locked the door, he looked over at me and laugh “hey, those fan girls might be crazy and kill us. Well, they’d probably kill me and rape you.” We both giggled and I drove to the coffee shop.
--
We bought our drinks and sat down at a small table. We were just sipping on our drinks not really making conversation. The last time we saw each other was the night we kind of got into a fight. But it seemed like he had forgotten about it, or else he wouldn’t of been this nice to me. But I still had to bring it up to make sure he was fine.

“I’m sorry about last week; I shouldn’t have blown up at you.” He put down his drink and looked at me. He cleared his throat “No don’t apologize. I pushed the topics and its none of my business. So, I’m sorry.” It was nice hearing someone apologize to me.

“Were you mad at me for what I did? For leaving?” I was anxious to hear his answer but his answer probably wasn’t any different than anyone else’s but for Kennedy to be upset at me, I didn’t like that.

“To be honest I was. What we were joking around with became bigger than it should have been. You took it way too far. That wasn’t the Rae I knew.” I knew I let everything get out of hand. But I also was starting to get annoyed with people always saying “that wasn’t the Rae I knew” sure what I did was kind of out there, but I feel like no one really knew who I was then, everyone knew I was this sweet innocent girl but I had ever intention on what I was going to do.

“Maybe that was the real Rae” he started to laugh but I just sat there not thinking it was funny. He noticed that I wasn’t laughing so he stopped. “Oh come on Rae, that wasn’t you.”
“Yeah we might have been joking, but I wanted John so bad, I knew I had to do that.”
He looked away out the window. “I know you liked John but you could have gotten him in a different way.” He stilled look at me.

“Well now I know that John just wanted me, as in my body, he doesn’t love me, so it all doesn’t matter.” He picked up his drink and looked at me.

“That not true. He does love you. You may not see it, but I do.”

I gave out a sigh and thought I should just change the subject. “Are you excited for the show tonight?”

He nodded his head “yeah it’ll be a good show.” He gave a huge smile “Austin Gibbs is amazing. Such a cool dude, ill introduce him to you later.”

“Yeah, that’d be nice.”

We talked for a while about school. Graduation, our parents and everything in-between.
Kennedy was telling me a story when his phone went off.

“Hey man…I went to get coffee with Rae…Yeah she’ll be at the concert…” I’m not sure who he was talking to but if he had to repeat who he was with might not have been good.

“Why does it matter?... whatever, why did you call?... oh, yeah were on our way now.” He hung up and finished his drink.

“Are you ready to go? Everyone is looking for me.” I nodded and we left.

The line for the concert was 10 times longer than when we left over an hour ago. I could sense Kennedy’s fears of all the fan girls. “There’s a back door, it’ll be safer than going in through the front door.”

“Good idea.”

We got in safely and he started to head toward the back of the stage. “Wait Kennedy” he stopped walking and looked at me “ what? Are you still scared? I’ll be there to protect me.” I gave him a smile it was nice to feel the comfort. “ No I, I just want to say that I’m glad were okay. I missed you and in my books you were still always my best friend.” He smiled back at me and gave me a hug. “ Same here, you’re always going to be my BFF!” we laugh and let go of each other. He grabbed my hand and led the way again.

I’ve never been in the back before. There were crew member running around everywhere. As we got closer to the last room on the left I heard people talking and laughing and music being played. My stomach started to get butterflies.

Kennedy opened the door and everyone looked at us. I felt like there was a spot light on me, everyone looked like they were ready for me to perform something for them.
“Hey guys” Kennedy let out and I smiled and gave a small wave.

“Look what the cat dragged in.” Carmen said softly but still loud enough to be heard. I just glared at her. There were a few giggles from the comment but I tried to not let it get to me.
Everyone went back to what they were doing. Kennedy squeezed my hand and I looked up at him and he was already smiling down at me. “Oh come here” I had no choice but to follow him since he was holding my hand.

We walked over to a small group of guys, Garrett being one of the guys in the group. “Austin I’d like you to meet Rae, Carmen’s sister.” He smiled at me, he was cute looking and looked like a good guy. “Oh so your” he looked over at Garrett and gestured to him “ his Rae, or was his Rae?” he gave me a funny grin. I felt my face blush and Garrett just walked away. I gave a nervous laugh “oh yeah that’s me.” He nodded his head “it’s a pleasure to meet you, I’ve heard a lot about you. I’ve always wanted to meet you.” I wasn’t sure what he heard was good or not, most likely bad but he seemed nice enough to over look it. “Well I’m glad someone it happy to see me.” We talked a little bit more, he was honestly a really chill guy. He was very funny and knew exactly what to say, and when to say it.

“Austin Gibbs, you’re on in 5” yelled out one of the crew members. Austin nodded his head towards him.

“Alright you guys, I will see you in a bit. Nice meeting you.”

“nice meeting you too. Good luck on stage.” He smiled at me and said a few last words to a few people.

I turned to Kennedy not knowing what to do now. It kind of got awkward, just standing there not talking to anyone while everyone else was going the time of their lives.

“Where’s Jared? I want to see him before the show” Kennedy looked around the room and didn’t see him, he shrugged his shoulders. “John! Where’s Jared?” Kennedy yelled across the room interrupting John in a conversation he was having. He looked over at us and smiled. That stupid smile, it was perfect in every way. I just wanted to slap it off his face.

“Well first off, thanks Rae for not saying hi to me” he flashed a sarcastic smile, that one I didn’t like too much. “And I don’t know where he is, maybe he’s out by the stage.” He looked at me again then returned to his conversation.

“Lets go see if he’s by the stage.” I started to walk out of the room, I knew I shouldn't have come. Sure john was just joking around but at this point joking around wasn’t allowed.
“Don’t let him get to you. He was just being a punk.”

“yeah I guess you’re right.” He was right but I still was upset. I was glad we were out of that room, I could feel the stares and hear everyone whispering, I couldn’t deal with it anymore.

We looked around everywhere but couldn’t find him, so we went to the side of the stage and watched Austin Gibbs perform. His songs were catchy and his voice was very unique. He had a very good stage presents, he knew what he was doing.

The crowd was pretty large, mostly teen girls hoping they’d be the lucky one to get with the band. They all sang along with Austin. It was pretty cool to see the crowd jumping up and down, a few people going a little crazy and trying to make a most pit. And you could see the girls who had no clue what was going on, they came here to see their favorite band but didn’t expect be pushed around and have other peoples sweat on them. Poor girls.

Austin was on his last song of the night. I defiantly had to buy is CD. Kennedy and I were just standing there watching the concert when I heard a familiar voice speak up.

“Well if it isn’t Sluttly McSlut Slut.” I just smirked to myself. I didn’t need to turn around to know who it was. It was obvious who it was. And I’m glad he was here so I could face him.
♠ ♠ ♠
holy smokes this was a longish chapter.
yeah im putting out 2 parts. if i made one chapter it would be uber long and yeah i dont want that. and i dont think you guys realllly want that.
im going to put out the second part out tomorrow. so get exciteddd.
so who do you think is talking to Rae at the end of the chapters?
im sorry if things arent capitalized my computer doesnt really pick up on that. like if i spell john it never picks up that its a name and needs to be capitalized. so yeah sorry. i try to fix it but its hard.
telll mee what your predictions are for the second part.
COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE.
<333
i want lots of comment. please...?