Status: Uber Active!

Always Something More

chapter 35

John's POV

“And just told me she loved me.” I told Max who was sitting directly across from me. I saw his eyes widened and he let out a small laugh.

“But you told her to move on?”

“I didn't want her to, she keeps saying that she wants to move on and Michigan is her home. So I'm letting her move on.” I said in complete honesty. I didn't want her to move on, I wanted her to be with me now, I wanted her to tell me she loved me everyday, I wanted her to be mine.

“Your so stupid dude.”

“What?”

“That's not what she wanted to hear. She probably wanted to hear you say it back to her. She told you she loves you, she wants you and she wants you to say I love you one more time and we probably wouldn't be here right now.”

“She doesn't want me she wants that Andy kid, if she really loved me then she wouldn't be with him and would be coming to the show to see me.”

“She's not coming?”

“Well I don't she said she wasn't sure which means no. There's no hope.”

“You need to try calling her and try convincing her to come to the show.” Max pushed my phone towards me and I just looked at it. I looked at him and he nodded his head towards my phone.

I picked it up and dialed her number and waited for her to pick up. But of course she didn't.

“Should I leave a message?” I asked quickly worried that her voice mail would come on and I wouldn't know what to do.

“I don't know. Sure.” He also said quickly.

I waited for her voice mail to beep and my mind was racing, I had no clue what to say. But once I heard the beep words just came out of my mind.

”Hey Rae, I just wanted to talk to you and” I took a deep breath and looked over at Max and he was staring at me. I took another deep breath and let the words come out. “I love you too. You know I do. And I really hope you come to the concert tomorrow night so we can talk after or before the show. Please come. Alright bye.” I took the phone away from my ear and ended the phone call.

“She'll be there dude. But come on we should go back to the bus.” Max said as he scooted back his chair and went to throw out his garbage. He looked over at me and I was still staring down at my phone looking at her photo. I composed myself and went out to the bus with the sunglasses over my eyes and my cup of coffee in my hand, I pocket the phone in my back pocket and walked on to the bus going straight to the back to mess around on my guitar and wait for a phone call.
*

Rae's POV

“... or before the show. Please come. Alright bye.” I listened to Johns message a couple times before I finally turned it off. I didn't think he deserved a phone call, I pour my heart to him the other night and he just let it be and that's not what I wanted. I wanted him to tell me again that he wanted me.

It was the night before the concert and just knowing that he was a few towns over made me go crazy. I wanted to go and see his face but I knew I couldn't. I was trying my hardest to find everything and anything to do to keep my mind off of the concert.

“Babe,” I heard Andy yell out from downstairs. I jumped up and went to the stairs to see him.

“Hey whats up.” I asked as I started to go down the stair case.

“Tonight you're-”

“No I'm not going Andy.” I cut him off because I knew what he was going to say and I didn't want to go well I did but I couldn't let myself go.

“Jared called me and told me how much of a mess John is, you need to go and talk to him and get him off your back.” I knew John was a mess but if only Andy knew that once I saw him everything would change and I'd want him more than ever.

“I'm not going. I'm sorry but I just can't see him.” Andy came over to me as I sat down on one of the steps.

“Why can't you see him? Don't you want him to stop calling and texting you all the time? He needs to let you go.”

I wasn't sure if I wanted John to just let me go and stop all contact. I went two years without seeing him and not being able to talk to him and I wasn't ready to stop talking to him again.

“I-I uh yeah of course I do but it's more difficult than that.” I said as I looked into Andy's eyes and I could see that he might have been catching on to what I was saying.

“Rae you can't keep doing this, it's either me or him. I want you so badly but if you want him then go to him.”

“I'll be honest I don't know what I want but I want to stay in Michigan with you.” I said in all honesty. He nodded his head and gave me a small smile.

“Can you just please go to the concert?” I looked away and thought about it but I still couldn't do it.

“I can't, I'm sorry.” He once again nodded his head and stood up from the stairs and walked over to the front door.

“Alright well I'll tell them you say hi.” I nodded my head and gave him a smile as he walked out the door.

I texted a few of my friends to see if they wanted to go out and have some girl time. They all agreed and I took a shower and got ready for dinner and a movie.

“Hon? Can you come down for a second?” I mom called up to me.

I ran down to the stairs and went down to the living room to see my mom waiting for me.

“Whats up?”

“Can you do me a huge favor?” I was scared as to what she wanted me to do.

“Uh yeah sure, what is it?”

“Well Olivia you know is going to that concert tonight and her friends and ride dropped out.” I was getting scared and scared as she talked. I didn't want to hear the words come out of her mouth. “So me and Richard were wondering if you could take her.”

“No I can't. I can't go.” I said once I heard what she wanted.

“Please honey, this would mean so much to me and Richard.” She was giving pleading eyes and it took so much strength to say no to her.

“Mom I don’t want to go. I can't”

“You have no choice. I told Richard that you'd be by to pick her up at 5:30 alright.” She gave me that motherly look that said she was serious. I let out an aggravated moan and told her I would. Once I got to my room I texted Andy telling him that I was going and I could tell he was excited that I changed my mind. I felt bad changing the plans with my other friends but I had no other choice.

I got dressed and drove over to Richards house to pick up Olivia. I went in real quick to say hello and talk to Richard about how I'll look over her and she'll have a good time, exactly what John would do when he was taking me to a concert and he had to talk to my dad.

We said our goodbyes and started to drive over to the venue. All the way there all Olivia could talk about was The Maine and how “amazingly good looking” they were.

“Do you think you could talk to them so I could meet them? I want to meet John so badly, he's so hot.” I looked over at her and shook my head. She didn't even care about the music just about the looks and that annoyed me.

“Their probably busy, you'll see them after the concert.”

“You can't call them and ask to see them real quick?” She said in a slight whiny voice and pouted her lips.

“I don't think I can, right now it's kind of complicated.”

“Fine, whatever.” She turned in her seat and crossed her arms. I felt bad that I couldn't help her out but I didn't want to go and see them or at least see John.

We finally got to the venue, it took a while to find a good parking spot but once I did Olivia snapped out of her mood and was back to being excited, which made me ten times better.

I texted Andy telling him we were here but he said he was inside with the boys and told me to come in but I declined. I'd rather be inside then outside in the hot sun surrounded by screaming fan girls but I'd rather be our here then feeling uncomfortable.

The screaming girls got louder and a loud door was slammed shut. I turned around and saw Kennedy walked down the line looking at all the girls. It looked like he was looking for someone or maybe he was looking for me. When he was walking closer to Olivia and I I turned around and faced Olivia who was screaming his name and looked like she was going to cry she was so happy.

“Rae look its Kennedy. Call him over.”

I shook my head and gave her a small smile.

“It looks like hes looking for something.” I saw her eyes following his every move.

“Kennedy Rae is here!” My eyes widened and I started to flush. She started to wave her hand in the air and then started to gesture him over here. I told her to stop it but she didn't listen to me. I turned a little to see if he was actually coming over and once I saw his eyes on me I couldn't help but to smile. I turned all the way around and stepped out of the crowd. He came over to me and swung his arms around me as I did the same to him. Are hug was longer than usual friendly hugs but I guess we needed a huge hug.

“I can't believe your here, John kept saying how you weren't coming.”

I let out a nervous laugh, “Yeah I wasn't but I had to bring my moms new boyfriends daughter.” I turned and pointed to Olivia who started to wave at him. He waved back at her and then looked at me. “She's like your biggest fan” I said with a laugh “It'll probably make her life if you call her over.”

He looked at me and then back at her again and walked over to her. He leaned over a little to give her a hug and then they called me over.

“Oh Rae, you are so cool. Can you take a picture of us?” Kennedy and I both laugh and I agreed to take the photo. Olivia got as close as she could to him and had the hugest smile on. They pulled away and Kennedy came closer to me.

“Do you want to come in and see everyone?”

“Yeah she does.” Olivia butted in and said. Kennedy laugh and nodded his head and looked at me and shook my head.

“Come on Rae, lets go in.” Olivia said again.

I let out a sigh and agreed in going in. Kennedy took me by my hand and lead us to the front door. He showed the door guys his laminate and that we were with him.

“He'll be happy to see you.” Kennedy said. I looked up at him and gave him a light smile.

“I shouldn't of came. I'm not ready to see him, not like this at least.”

“Who are you talking about? Who don't you want to see?” Olivia once again butted in.

“Olivia please stop interrupting me and Kennedy.” I said in a stern voice.

“Hey,” I looked up at Kennedy and gave him a look to keep talking. “He'll be happy your here, so don't worry.”

I stopped in my tracks and looked at him “that is why I am worried, once I see him I don't know what will happen. Ken I don't want to see him yet.”

Kennedy didn't say anything back he just stared at me. I felt like he at that point knew what I was talking about, why I couldn't see him and that was why Kennedy and I were friends.

“I'm just going to go to the bathroom, can you take Olivia in and meet the other boys and then find me afterward?” I let go of his hand after he said a soft Okay and I walked in the direction of the bathroom.

I stayed there for a little bit, fixing my hair and my make up. I texted a few of my friends to get their encouragement since they knew how difficult this was for me to see him. I looked at the time and fifteen minutes had past and I texted Kennedy saying I was going to go wait outside for them.

”No were coming out now, just wait.” I read the text and went outside the bathroom to wait for them.

They came out and Olivia had the hugest smile on her face and a poster which they probably signed for her.

“Hey” I said as they got closer to me.

“I can't believe you know them, why didn't you come in?” Olivia said.

I let out a nervous laugh and looked at Kennedy who shrugged his shoulders. “Oh I-I uh I needed to use the bathroom.” I knew that was a bad answer but there was nothing else to say.

“Does he know I'm here?” I said as we walked over to the bar where Kennedy bought us bottles of water.

“No, Olivia was so excited that she was meeting them to say anything.”

“Okay good.”

“Are you going to see him tonight? He wants to see you.”

I took a sip of my water and played with the bottle cap. I didn't want to look up at Kennedy because he would probably would give me those eyes that would make me give in and to see him.

“Yeah I know he would be but I don't know Ken.”

“Can you please tell me who your talking about?” Olivia said

“John, were talking about John fucking O'Callaghan” I said in a loud voice.

“Yeah?”

We all looked up and saw him walking into the bar area and his eyes immediately landing on me making him stop in his tracks.

“Rae? You uh you came.” He said still standing in the same spot. I looked from him to Kennedy, I could still feel his eyes on me along with everyone else. I looked back at him and I lost it, my thoughts were running and I wanted to run also. The feeling in my stomach told me that I made the right decision on being here, I was suppose to be here with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

My internet has been awful lately. i wanted this out on thursday but i just couldn't get connect.

what are you guys thinking?
i feel like i'm losing my touch, not that i really had a touch before but i feel like my writing is soo bad now. i'm just kind of having a writers block. i know what i want to happen at the concert but i just don't know how to write it.

after i'm done writing this story i'm going to be co-writing a story so good look at that. and i also have a reallly cute interesting story line, i kind of took the idea from a movie but i'll still be putting it in my own way. i'm excited for that. maybe i'll make a layout for it so you can subscribe.

Tomorrow i'm going to Warp Tour, i'm sooooooo excited, its my first year so it'll be great.

predictions, comments, questions. GO
:]