Status: Uber Active!

Always Something More

Chapter 4

My Dad let me take the car out if I wanted to and I didn’t decline, I needed to get out. I had been stuck in the house all week really. The only time I went out was when I went on a walk or run but that got old. I needed some fun time.

I went back to my room and got changed into high waist blue shorts with black tights underneath with white V-neck. It had been a while since I’ve dressed up and looked nice so it felt good.

I got into the car and had no clue what I was going to do. I wish I knew someone to hang out with. I started the car and drove till I realized that a little retail therapy would do some good. I went to the mall and it brought back all the memories of boring Friday nights.

I walked around remembering where everything was. I went to Charlotte Russe, Zumiez, Delia’s and finally Forever 21. This store was basically what I imagine heaven to look like. The bright colors, the cute but cheap clothing, it was everything I needed.

I accidentally bumped into a group of preteen wanna be’s who were wearing way to much make up and wore bright colors. “Oh opps, sorry.” I said with a smile as I kept on walking “ugh yeah you should be” I heard one of them muttered to her friends as they laughed at what their friend just said.

I was going through the clearance rack as I overheard the group of girls talking “the concert starts at 5 but I don’t think they go on till 7 something” concerts were always the best in Arizona it was basically what you did with your friends on the weekends. “I just can’t wait to see them, their all so hot!” all the other girls agreed and they all were saying how the lead singer is such a babe and they were all hoping he was going to be shirtless. It was
sickening how fans now a day’s only cared about how the bands look not the actual music.
But I bet whatever band they were talking about didn’t have much talent and all they had got going for them was their looks.

I paid for my clothing and as I was walking out I passed the group of girls and they were still talking about this concert but it made me think about my first concert. John and Garrett planned this whole thing. Say Anything one of my all time favorite bands were playing at The Marquee Theater and my birthday was in a few weeks after that so it was my birthday present.

“John wake up, it’s the day of the concert! Wake up, wake up, wake up!!!” I guess you could say I was a tad bit excited but what would I say it was my first concert and I just couldn’t wait.

“Rae its 8 in the morning, go back to sleep like a normal person” John said sleepily. “Ugh john your a party pooper. Call me when you wake up” and with that I hung up and got ready for the day. I put on some shorts that were laying on the ground and an old tom petty t-shirt that use to be my dad’s and I through my hair into a pony tail. I still didn’t know what I was going to wear to the concert but for now I wanted to be comfortable.

John finally called me around 10 and told me that he was going to be picking me up at 5 and we’d get there around 5:30ish. He said that if it wasn’t too late that we’d stay around the venue and try and meet the guys in the bands. I was beyond excited, I knew going to a concert with John was going to be the best because he was a concert champ; he had been to so many and knew exactly what to do.

After I got off the phone with John, Carmen wanted to go get some lunch and do a little of shopping I wanted to do anything to make this day go by faster. We went to In & Out and then to a small little strip mall. She mostly did the shopping but I picked up a shirt to wear for the night. By the time we got home it was going on 4 and I needed to get ready.

It was March so the weather was weird, it wasn’t cold but it was hot so I had no clue what I should wear. I wore the shirt that I bought from Pac sun; it was a black with white stripes flowy shirt and wore blue skinny jeans along with converse. I thought wearing my over the shoulder purse would be helpful and not as annoying as my regular bag.
I dancing around my room while listening to Say Anything, getting more pumped up to see them with Garrett and John. I heard my phone go off and it was Garrett calling.

“Hey Gare!” I put the phone on speaker phone so I could keep getting read.

“Hey babe” I stopped moving around, Garrett didn’t sound so good “what’s wrong? You should be excited for tonight”

“I am well I was, I can’t go, I caught something and I’m super sick” I was so excited to go with Garrett. Garrett was the type of boyfriend that wanted to hold my hand, have his arm around me and tonight was one of those nights where I wouldn’t want him to let go because I was a little scared of the crowd. I wanted him to protect from all the huge sweaty guys that would be there. Sure John would be there and wouldn’t let anything happen to me but he wouldn’t hold me in the crowd or hold my hand while we walked around so we wouldn’t be separated.

“Aw I’m so sorry! I feel so bad now; I was so excited to go with you. I’d rather stay home with you” I didn’t want to leave him when he has always been there for me when I was sick.

“Baby no, I’m not letting you stay home to watch me. And I don’t know what I have and if it’s the flu I don’t want you to catch it. So please go and have fun.” that was so typical of him to say that.

“Alright but call me if you need anything alright? And feel better.” We said our goodbyes and hung up the phone.
My phone said it was 4:50, this day was taking forever. finished getting ready and went to hang out with Carmen in her room but she was on the phone and it sounded like she was talking to John.

I stayed outside her room and listened to their conversations. “I wish I was going baby.” She said in a sickening baby voice.

“You’re always with my sister” well no duh I’m a little bit more fun to be with.

“Oh shut up John, I’m way cooler than her” see even John knew I was cooler.

“Yeah I’m free tomorrow”

“Just you and me? None of the boys or my sister or anyone else?” Poor john has to be with my sister alone tomorrow.

“Alright I’ll see you in a few. Love you” she hung up and let out a sigh, you should hear the smile on her face. She was in love.
I was about to go in but I heard my ringtone for a special someone go off in my room.

“Good Afternoon Mr. Oh, do you have any plans for this evening?” I said in a serious deep voice.

“Oh nothing. I think I’m going to go home and sleep the night away. You?”

“Oh yeah same. I had a huge night last night. I went to a party and got so drunk and high, I can’t even remember how many guys I slept with” I said trying not to laugh

“one you crossed the line that’s not funny and two I know your lying because if there was a party last night I would have been there.”

“Oh your such a loser and maybe you don’t know them so you weren’t invited” that wasn’t true, John knew everyone well everyone who threw parties.

“Rae you know everyone I know and no one threw a party last night.”

“Ok ok Mr. I know everything and everything about parties. “ I let out a light laugh “are you excited for tonight?” I got back to my high pitch excited voice.

“Ugh I guess I mean I’ll be basically babysitting you all night and listening to some boring band.” I knew he was excited, he was the one who asked me to go.

“Oh shut up, you know you’re excited to be with Moi and to see Say Anything.”
He let out a small laugh “Yes I’m excited, were going to have fun but before we go you better be dressed appropriate” he kept on talking about how guys can look at me in the wrong way and all that boring stuff “Rae are you listening? I just asked you a question” I snapped out of my thoughts “oh um what did you say?”

“I asked you if you were wearing a skirt.”

“No John”

“a low cut shirt?”

“Nope” popping the P at the end

“flip flops? Or open toe shoes?”

"No john! This might be my first concert but I actually have common sense than most girls.”

“I’m just making sure. I want you to have fun alright?”

“I know John and I will. We will!” I was getting so excited.

“I’m almost to your house and if you’re wearing something I don’t like you’re going back to your room…”

I cut off john I really didn’t need to hear this “bye john. See you soon.” We hung up the phone and I looked at the mirror one last time making sure I wasn’t breaking one of “John’s rules”. I thought I looked cute.

“Johnny!” I heard Carmen basically burst out saying from down stairs. You could hear them kiss and it made me cringe.

“Rae gets down here! Johns here!” well no duh, I heard you say his name, I thought to myself.

“Coming” I grabbed my purse making sure I had my money, camera, chap stick and a few bobby pins for after the show. I slipped on my shoes and ran to the stairs.
I felt like I was going to prom or on a date (if only it was a date), everyone was looking up at me and I looked at John and smiled. John looked so cute; he wore black skinny jeans with a red plaid shirt. I grabbed the railing, feeling my knees get weak.


“RAE!” I snapped out of my thoughts and turned my head around and saw Kennedy walking up to me.

“Kennedy…. Umm hey” I was kind of confused but happy.
He stood there with his hands in his pockets and looked right at me with a smile. “I never really greeted you with a hello last weekend so here” he leaned over and pulled me into a big hug. I started to tear up, I missed Kennedy so much. I’m not really sure if there was a reason for him to be mad at me, but I knew he missed me as much as I missed him.
We pulled away and I wiped away a few tears that escaped down my face.

“Hey, I need to go into H&M do you want to come with me? And then we could go out to dinner or something?” my smile grew and I nodded my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Concert
My first concert was in 9th grade and i was going to the AP tour and seeing FTSK, The Rocket Summer, The Matches and All Time Low and before the concert me and my brother were meeting up with his friend at this pizza place, and his friend was asking me all these questions like what john was doing just to make sure i would be fine, it was cute.
sorry for the dialog in this chapter, i hope it was fine, im still working on dialog and trying to make it flow, its hard.