Status: I'm continuing it YAY!

The Animal In Me

The Arena

*SETH*

“Rebecca, you awake?” I asked the girl who was wide awake and with eyes like an owl that just wouldn’t shut.

“Yeah, I can’t sleep either. I keep thinking about what’s going to happen to us in here,” she sounded pretty terrified and sad at the same time.

“Yeah, I hope something miraculous could happen….Shhh…. Someone’s coming,” I said quickly and two guards approached us.

“I thought I heard you guys talking. What are you guys up to?” asked one of the guards.

“Ummm… nothing. We’re just seeing what we’re going to do in case you do something very, very terrible to us,” Seth said sarcastically.

“I see…. Well just so you know, you guys are going to be thrown into an arena where you guys will have to attack two lions, just like medieval times, to survive. HAHAHA and no one can save you and no one ever survives!” laughed the second guard so loud that he almost choked on his saliva, “Oh and they’re really, really hungry around this time of the year and after they‘re done, vultures usually come and take some of the meat in you,” and with that, both of them laughed their way out of the dungeon.

I looked at Rebecca and she seemed pretty pale. All the color left her and she barely moved. It’s like she became a statue after seeing Medusa.

“Rebecca, you ok?”

“I don’t know,” she said softly.

We barely spoke after that and I eventually fell asleep. That’s when the two guards came back and woke us up. They were unlocking the cell.

“Wakey, wakey!! Time for your big moment! I’m so going to enjoy this for I haven’t seen it since three months. Wow, it’s been a while,” the guard sneered while the other laughed.

“I bet it’ll be more interesting since we have teenagers instead of grown men. This will be the best one in history!” Laughed the other guard.

“And it’ll be your last!” I shouted at them.

“Oh! This one is feisty! I bet he’ll be a wonderful meal!” said the guard.

“Not as much as the girl in the other cell! Maybe we can find a way to do something else to her,” the other guard smirked

“Don’t you dare lay a hand on her!” I shouted angrily at them.

“Don’t worry, it’s gonna be after you’re in the small intestine,” both guards laughed at each other.

They pulled us up and shoved us all the way into an arena where all the workers were. When I looked up, I saw Patty and Vandal smiling and looking down at us and there was some other guy who was there with him but I couldn’t tell who it was.

“MARK!” Rebecca yelled, “It’s me your girlfriend! The one you love! MARK!!!”

Patty then stood up and kissed Mark right in front of Rebecca and he embraced her in his arms.

“NOOOO!!! MARK!!!” Rebecca tried to let go of their grip but couldn’t. I felt sorry for her.

“I’m sorry,” I said sadly and she burst into tears beside me and I managed to hug her.

“LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! Welcome to our arena where we get revenge on the people who try to cause harm to us. Today, our special guests are Seth and Rebecca! Everyone, give them a round of applause!” Vandal said and everyone applauded. Then he silenced them. “Today our host will be my niece’s fiancé, Mark Gomez!!”

Rebecca just started crying even more and I tried to stop her but I couldn’t. “Try to stay calm Rebecca. He’s doing this on purpose but we’ll try to stop him,” but unfortunately that didn’t work.

“Today, ladies and gentlemen, there will be much celebration and happiness so LET THE FIGHT BEGIN!” yelled Mark into the mic. That’s when lions appeared from behind a gate. All the crowd started cheering and throwing all sorts of stuff at the lions so they could get mad. The lions were evil looking and they had some type of armor on them so it was almost hard to see their faces and fur. They growled and came closer but slowly. That’s when they leapt into the air and everything started.

I fought them for a while with water but as much as I tried, these lions wouldn’t give up! They were really hungry, well I don’t blame them since they haven’t eaten since about 3 months. I was able to fight them off for a long time and I managed to spray their armor off but I was running out of energy so I tried to keep up my game. One lion managed to scratch Rebecca and it was a pretty deep cut but surprisingly she didn‘t cry or yell in pain. Instead, she tried to run away but couldn’t. We were running out of room and I was running out of energy! That’s when Rebecca was able to leap and got both lion armors for us. We defended ourselves for a long, long time. That’s when the lion leapt and was able to knock both armors out of our hand and we were left with nothing to protect ourselves.

We ran but we soon got stuck and there was no where else to go. I was tired and could barely move and Rebecca sort of froze so we weren’t moving at all. We thought I was the end when we saw the lion’s ferocious teeth and glaring eyes staring at me. One lion was about to leap on us when a rhino struck it and knocked him out of the way….
♠ ♠ ♠
this is it! chapter 12 - 13 is on the way!