Status: I'm continuing it YAY!

The Animal In Me

Journey Part 2

When I woke up, Seth wasn’t there. I freaked out because he should’ve at least woken me up. I started looking all over for him. I became an eagle and flew all way to the sky. When I was as high as I could go, I looked for him.

Not far from where we were, I saw a 2-story building in the middle of nowhere. I flew closer and I noticed a blonde girl screaming at this black-haired girl who was on the ground. The blonde girl was in the girl’s face when a man walked in. He saw the blondie crying and slapped the black-haired girl. She was knocked out cold.

I quickly flew to our cave and there was Seth making breakfast.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” I asked him.

“Because you need all the sleep that you need,” he said calmly.

“Well, you should’ve at least told me. I started freaking out!”

“You were worried about me?”

“Yes, I was. I thought something happened to you,” I said quietly. Our faces were really close. It felt like he was about to kiss me when a random wolf appeared. Seth was ready to attack when I told him to stop. I became a wolf and I began talking to him.

*WOLF-TO-WOLF CONVERSATION*

“What do you want?” I said.

“I’m looking for Rox. You must be her, am I right?” the wolf asked.

“Yeah,”

“Well I came to say that we would love to help you on your journey. There’s one thing I got to say though. I got to let you know that the man in that building has some good fighters. He could quickly finish with you guys if you’re not prepared. I have a feeling you can beat him though. You can do it,” and with that he left.

When I became human again, Seth asked me what he wanted. I told him everything and what happened to me this morning. He nodded and he told me that I could’ve been killed since that man know we’re coming.

We ate berries and leftovers from yesterday. I was almost done when I saw something move thru the forest. I quickly jumped up when I found a man standing there with a gun in his hands. Seth stood up and sprayed him with water. He let go a few shots and they all came to me. I quickly became a cheetah and I ran towards him. I pounced on him and I ripped off his arm. Eww… now I have blood in my mouth. Anyways, I continued attacking him until I knew he was dead. I backed away and I fell unto the ground. Luckily, Seth caught me. He asked if I was ok and I responded with a nod.

“Hey, squirt my mouth with water so I can take out all this blood,” I asked. He did as I said and a few minutes later, I had no more blood.

“Wow, our first battle,” he sighed as we rested by the creek nearby.

“Yeah we need to be more alert now. That wolf was right. This guy is dangerous,” I said.

“I noticed something that I don’t know if you noticed but that man was only aiming at you. He never aimed at me,” he said.

“Do you think I’ll be the main target in this mission?”

“Yeah, they know I’m weaker than you. I’m not that dangerous compared to you.”

I stared at the tree and I saw a pretty small bird. It was staring at me. Something about it made me uneasy. It had a little thing around its neck and it stared at us the whole time.

“Hey, is it me or does that bird keep staring at us,” I whispered to Seth. He looked to where my eyes were and he glanced every few minutes.

“Yeah, can you speak to it?,” he asked.

“I’ll try but I have a feeling that we shouldn’t,” I said neglectful. I became a bird and I flew to the other bird. Here’s our conversation:

“Hey I’m Tweeter, and you are….,” I asked

“I’m Tweetex,” he replied.

“So you want to go in there?”

“The water does look nice.”

“Yeah sure does. Why don’t you go in?”

“I will get in big trouble if I do. I’m supposed to be spying on these two kids but one of them ran off. She must’ve noticed me. I’m in big trouble.”

“Oh I see, but why do you have to spy on them? They must be lost and trying to go home.”

“Oh no, they’re trying to go to my owner who kidnapped 3 people. They’re going to rescue them. I need to kill them somehow.”

“Oh I see. Well I got to go now so see you around. Bye!” I waved at him and I flew into the forest and became human again.

“What did he want?” asked Seth.

“Can’t tell you right now. That bird has very good hearing,” I whispered. He nodded and we went in the forest. That bird continued following us and it never went somewhere else. “We need to get him away from us,” I whispered to Seth.

“I know but how are we going to do it?” he asked.

“I don’t know but we have to find a way,” I sighed and sat down. I saw a cheetah approaching the small bird and he almost ate him. The bird jumped and flew away but quickly came back. “That’s it!” I almost yelled.

“What?” he whispered.

“I’ll become a cheetah and you will have to race to a hiding place close to our destination which is that way,” I said as I pointed to the direction where I saw the big building, “When you find somewhere, send me some type of signal. I’ll be too fast so the bird won’t catch up to me.” I said.

I was about to leave when Seth held my hand, “Promise to be careful,” he said with worried eyes.

“I will but we won’t if I don’t go now. Bye for now,” I said and we both ran our separate ways. The bird looked kind of confused. I quickly turned into a cheetah and I ran towards the bird. It became startled as I attacked it. It started flying the other way and I chased it. Surprisingly, the bird was pretty quick. It flew until we were at the lake that was miles from where we were. I looked back and I saw a big squirt of water shoot up. The signal. I was happy but I had to get rid of this bird once and for all. I leapt and brought it down. I saw a cheetah nearby and I noticed it looking at the bird. I left the bird there and the cheetah quickly came and ate it. Then, I ran to where the signal was.

When I got there, I noticed a whole bunch of bushes there. I went inside and I saw a little space in there. Only about 6 people could fit in here. I saw Seth in a little corner arranging the area for bedtime. When he saw me enter, he was pretty happy.

“You made it,” he said with a smile.

“Yeah, and you thought that something happened to me,” I said and I began laughing but not too loud. We were really close to the place. I looked out and there I saw a two-story building. It camouflaged well with the environment but you can still see it. “Did you see the house?” I asked Seth.

“Yeah, looks scary,” he joked, “But no lie, I believe that his house has stuff made underground. Paul said that he was armed and the wolf said that he was dangerous. We have to be prepared,” he said. I nodded in agreement.

“But we have to tell the victims our plan and see what’s going on. We have to know when to strike and how to do it. C’mon, it’s getting dark. I saw the window of the room they were in. Let’s go and tell them why we’re here at least. Now would be a good time,” I said. So we left and we were right by the window. I stopped and Seth looked questionably at me. “Let me send a message to the wolves so they know we’re here. It’s better for them to be close by.” Seth nodded and I turned to do my thing. I became a wolf and I howled to them. Few minutes later, the howled in return and I felt more secure.

We approached the window and there I saw a pretty black-haired girl but she was all bruised up and really dirty. She had big brown eyes and she looked almost like my mom only the younger version. In the other corner, I saw a blonde-haired lady and she looked very weak. She was dirty and she had a large amount of bruises. I gasped when I saw them and the girl gasped, since she was the only one awake. She was about to scream when I quickly put my hand over her mouth. I told her to hush and she did as I said. “We are here to rescue you, I just need you to tell me what’s going on?” I whispered to her. She responded with a quiet thank you.