Status: I'm continuing it YAY!

The Animal In Me

Trying to Escape

She explained everything that happened. She told me that her boyfriend, Mark, was in another room. Honestly, the story pretty sad. She had a worse life than me and she suffered a lot. Before I started crying, I decided to change the subject. “First, you’re going to take a shower. Don’t be surprised at our abilities. He has the ability of water so he’ll spray you with water. Ok?” she nodded and I responded with a smile, “Good, I’ll be right back,” and with that, I became a dragonfly away from her sight.

I entered the building and I went to look for more clues. I found many passage ways that lead to all sorts of places but none of them lead to the outside. I finally found a passage way that lead towards a window to freedom but it also lead to a bright, white room. I peeped inside and there was a guy in blackish brown hair. Most likely Mark. He looked really pale and he was lying there lifeless. Next to him, was a blonde girl who looked a lot like the kidnapper. She was really pretty though. But she had this look on her that’ll make people notice that she was a…well let’s say a rather seductive teen. She had a really short skirt and a tank top with high heels. (WTF?) Anyways, she was sitting there with Mark and started caressing him. All of a sudden, he started moving and he started trembling. He also started screaming for Rebecca. He almost fell out of the bed but luckily, the doctors came and he fell lifeless after the shot they gave him. I felt really sorry for him. I continued on and found a window. It was a long way from the ground. We’d have to jump to get away.

While I was thinking of a way to jump off, I heard the kidnapper and his crowd coming my way. I quickly flew away. I went another way so they wouldn’t notice me, even though they wouldn’t notice me since I was a dragonfly but I still have to be careful.

I met up with Seth outside and he was pretty wet. I asked him if he finished his part and he said yes. We were about to return when we saw two of the kidnapper’s men. They started talking about some guy named Vandal.

“Hey, you know what?” said the first guy.

“What?” said the other guy.

“Those two ability kids are here and Vandal wants us to kill them. If we kill them, then we win $100,000! So don’t even try to kill them. They’re mine,” said the first guy while laughing.

“No one can beat you. You’re the best fighter that Vandal has ever known! You’re the best in the whole world,” The second guy exclaimed.

“Yeah but I would not want to kill them.”

“Why?”

“Because, it’s complicated to describe,” he sighed.

“Well, just be careful they don’t kill you,” said the second man.

“Yeah,” said the first man and they continued walking in silence.

“I wonder what he meant by not killing us?” Seth whispered.

“I really don’t know. But one thing I know for sure is that the kidnapper is named or at least nicknamed Vandal,” I told him. He nodded in agreement and we waited till the coast was clear and we went back to Rebecca.

“What happened?” she asked.

“We were almost seen by the men that kidnapped you. Luckily, we were not visible. This is a harder mission than I usually get,” said Seth, “we need to get away pronto. He’s willing to do anything. Is there anyone here who you would love to rescue soon?”

“Yes, my boyfriend Mark. They’re brainwashing him tonight. I don’t want him to leave me,” she said and she began to cry. I felt sorry for her. She’s been in so much pain and she still is.

“We’ll try to save him tonight,” I said as I tried to comfort her, “I found his room and he’s trying to get loose but he can’t get out and he‘s looking for you. He’s desperate,” I said in a sad face. She stayed quiet and I saw a tear roll down her cheek.

“I feel his pain,” she said sadly, then she busted into tears. I went inside and tried to comfort her. It seemed to work for a while. Then I quickly stood up. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

“He’s behind you!” I said while pointing at Seth. I started to freak out! I was turning super red. Rebecca turned around and saw the man.

“What do you want Vandal?” I said harshly, “ Get away from him.”

“Get out of here now! Don‘t let me shoot Seth,” he said while pointing the gun on Seth. Seth looked a little terrified. Then I heard Sera’s voice in my head.

“Rox, if you can hear me, listen closely. Seth is going to spray water on Vandal while you escape with the girl. We’ll get the mom later,” said Sera’s voice. I nodded to Seth and suddenly water started coming out of no where. He applied a lot of force on the man. I quickly grabbed Rebecca’s hand and pulled her out of the door.

“But what about my mom?” she asked trying to get loose from my grip.

“We can’t right now. You have to get out of here NOW! We’ll have to get her later,” I said and pulled her even harder. She got loose from my grip and started running back to the room. How stupid can this girl be? I don’t blame her in a way but she has to go now. She hasn’t seen her mom in ages and now that she has her, she doesn’t want to let go. But I have to save her before Vandal gets us.

“You asked for it,” I told her. I became a tiger and I blocked her from the doorway. She turned around and we walked down abandoned hallways I found until we reached to the main part. I stopped her then I told her, “Shh… the guards are everywhere now. They’re on the look out since they know we’re here. C’mon follow me,” then I became myself again.

We were passing Mark’s room when she suddenly stopped. She looked inside and she saw Mark, “MARK!” she exclaimed. The blonde girl by Mark stood up surprisingly. She looked pretty calm as if she was expecting us. “Guards! Get them,” she said with a grin. Suddenly, guards were surrounding us. In the distance, I saw Seth beaten up and he looked like he was almost dead. I ran to him but someone electrified me. I felt this sting flow through my veins. Then everything went black…..