‹ Prequel: Love Bites

Love Bites 2.0

Chapter 12

“It's so good to be back home.” I smiled as I stuck my head out the window of Eric's fast car. He smiled and laughed lightly to himself.
“Well I'm happpy that you're happy to be home darling,” Eric's hand slithered away from the steering wheel to wrap around my leg. I settled back in and laced my fingers with his.
We had landed in New Orleans, which was something I wasn't expecting, but I'm sure there was a reason to why Eric chose here.
“So darling, what are you wanting for your bar?” Eric's voice was curious and it caught my attention.
“Well you saw mine in Paris,” I thought for another moment before I said anything else. “There, I brought home to there, but here, I think I'd like to bring Paris here. I think it'll make me feel better if I have a part of Paris here,” I smiled, thinking to myself about what I wanted. I really wanted it to be like home, well the home I just left.
“That would be nice. New Orleans is filled with French related things,” Eric squeezed my hand lightly and took his eyes off of the road. When he looked at me, he smiled and contiuned whatever he was saying.
“Just tell me what you want love, I'll get you anything and everything,” I couldn't help but smile at Eric. He really was trying to make me happy here. Every time he did something small for me, I started to feel bad about leaving him, but each time that thought started to go threw my head, Id stop in almost emidiately. I couldn't let myself think that I was the bad guy.
Eric stopped the car suddenly, pulling me out of my thoughts. We were infront of an empty buildig that was on a main street down town New Orleans.
“Where are we Eric?” I looked around and got out of the car just like Eric had done. There were people everywhere, and they didn't give us a second look as he took my hand and started to lead me towards the bulding.
“This is one of the places that are on the market,” Eric smirked and opened the cold door. The outside looked very french, and I hoped that the inside did too. I smiled as Eric lead me inside, even as a vampire, I still got scared of things that went bump.
Inside the place was dark, and for a human it would be hard for them to see around, but thank god for vamp vision!
The place was huge, and instantly my mind started to rush with ideas of what I could do with this. After a moment, I knew that this was the place. This was the perfect place. I turned to Eric, who was looking around and inspecting it.
“Eric, I love it. This is it, there are so many things that I could do with this place!” I twirled around in a circle, with my arms out. Eric laughed and I gave him a goofy grin.
“Really, it's perfect,”
“Are you sure?” Eric took a few steps towards me and then raised his eyebrow. “I'm sure there are many other places that we can check that would be nicer darling. I've got a few other places lined up,” Eric linked his arm with mine and started to pull me towards the door.
“No Eric. I want this place. It'll be perfect. It's gonna take alot of work, but it'll be perfect,” He looked at me with a worried look for a moment.
“Darling, I don't know-”
“Eric. This is what I want. It's in the perfect spot, and it'll look great once we start fixing it,” I put my foot down now. He wanted me back and said i could have whatever I wanted, and there was no way he was talking me out of this place.
“Are you sure?” He was quiet for a moment before he asked me. Eric took another look around and pulled out his phone. He started to speak to whoever was on the other line. I didn't care. In the back corner there was a flight of stairs that lead upwards. Without turning back to tell Eric I made my way up them delicately.
They twisted upwards, and the railing was made of twisted iron. They were beautiful. Up at the top, there was a landing. It wasn't very big but was big enough for an office. This was perfect. This would defiantly be where my office would be. I smiled and walked around the little landing. There was part of it that looked out over the dance floor and I could even see the front door from there. This was perfect.
Eric was behind me just a second later, resting his hand on my lower back.
“The realtor will be on his way soon. We will sign the papers tonight for you darling,” Eric smiled and pressed his lips to my temple.
“Do you like it? This is gonna be my new office,” I smirked as i pulled myself from him slightly so that I could press myself to Eric's chest.
“Yes I do, it's very private for us ,” I knew what Eric was thinking. His hands slid a little further down, but he stopped when we both heard the front door open.
“Uh, hello? Mr. Northman?” The voice called from downstairs and Eric groaned, not wanting to deal with him. I smirked and followed Eric towards him with vampire speed.
“Hello, Mr. Grant. Thank you for meeting us so shortly,” Eric nodded at him and they walked towards the last table that was still sitting in the whole place.
“Are you going to be opening a new bar Mr. Northman?” The realtor asked as he started to dig threw his breif case for the papers.
“No. I'm buying this for my lover, so she can open up her own bar,” Eric smirked and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. The realtor looked up at me with a sort of startled look and nodded in my direction.
“I take this is Mrs. Northman then?” The realtor winked at Eric and I felt his body get tight.
“Yes, I am. I will be signing the papers,” I pulled myself away from Eric. I knew if I didn't step in, Eric would have said soemthing not very nice. Threw the bond between Eric and I, I felt his shock at what I said. He was itching to ask me questions.
The realtor nodded at me as I took the seat across from him at the tiny table. He placed a pen in front of me and stated shuffling threw the papers that were infront of him.
I watched as he signed a few things himself, before he turned the papers in my direction. I felt Eric's hands on my shoulders as I took the pen in hand. Threw the bond we shared I felt his calming mood, which instantly calmed me.
“Now please sign here and here,” I signed quickly and looked at the realtor. He must have not expected me to sign so quickly. His eyes darted up to Eric, who came and stood next to me.
“Mr. Northman, would you please sign here as the witness,” Eric bent and signed the sheet next to my name quickly. He stopped when he was finished and turned the papers back towards the realtor.
“Congradulations Mrs. Northman,”
♠ ♠ ♠
some feedback would be really great !!