‹ Prequel: Love Bites

Love Bites 2.0

Chapter 4

Days had passed since I had first come to Paris. It was such a beatuiful city. The language was easy to pick up to, or maybe it was cause I was a vampire and things came much faster to me now. My French was now almost flawless and Ashley, the most gracious person I had ever met, was so proud of how quickly I had come along.
Ashley had told me to think of what I wanted to do here, since I was going to have to start some sort of income if I was going to be living here. For a few days now, my mind has been searched every day for what I was going to do. I hated to admit it to myself, but the only thing I could think of was to start a bar like Eric had in Shreveport. Ugh – No Eric! Ashley had been doing a very good job of keeping my mind off of him. She also said that she'd foot the bill for what ever I wanted. Everytime I said I'd pay her back when I had the money, she just shook her head and told me not to worry about it and that if she needed anything from me at any time that she would come looking for me.

“So darling, have you decided yet?” Ashley laid across a love seat with a blood martini in her hand. Her cheeks were flushed from all the blood that she had had today.
“Yes, I think so,” I smiled, sipping my own blood martini. The decition felt right. I'm not exactly sure why it did, maybe made me think of home, but that doesn't matter now. This was my home now. Ashley had said I could stay in her place indefinetly.
Ashley raised an eyebrow at my answer and swayed her hand in the air waiting for me to continue.
“I think a bar would be great. We have looked all around the city, and there is no bar of the kind I want. It may be north american, but it's sex and blood and lust. What person, wanting the vampire experience wouldn't want that?” I raised my eye brow thinking deeply now of what I wanted. This was it. Ashley started to laugh, not a ha your funny kind of laugh, but a laugh of pure genious.
“You my child!” She placed her drink on the table between us while still laughing. “You are a genious! What a perfect thing to bring to Paris!” Ashley continued to laugh, and I couldn't help but join her.
I watched the clock, waiting for the perfect time in Bon Temps for me to call. I knew that she would be shocked at my call so early in the day for her, but I couldn't wait to tell her.
“Hello?” Sookies southern acent that I had missed so much came threw the phone loud and clear.
“Sookie! It's Nikki! You'll never believe what I've got here!” I looked around the room. I was in the empty dance floor of my soon to be bar. The name came to me easily. Morsures. It meant bites in french.
“Oh what do you have?!” Sookie's voice was instantly as excited as mine.
“I'm opening a bar. It's going to be called Morsures! That means bites in french, and what else better do vampries do other then bite!” I laughed threw the phone and heard a knocking at the door. There was Ashley's assistant bringing me the first person I was interviewing for my own assistant.
“Oh darlin thats great! I'm sure Eric would be mighty jealous of that! Thats so great!” Sookie's enthusiasem made this all so much better. I waved for the applicant to come into the room and sit at the small table with two chairs that I had set up in the corner. I watched as a beautiful girl walked in and sat down. She was a vampire.
“I gotta go! I've got an interview – i'm going to call you as soon as I can! Bye!” I hit the end call button and started to walk over to the young girl.
“Bonjour, commet ca va?” I sat down across from her, and asked her how she was doing in french. A large smile came on her face. The tone of her skin was something that I had never seen before, even as a vampire it was a perfectly tanned colour. She had black hair that ended just at her shoulders that was long and sorta wavy. Her eyes were large, deep brown and beauitful.
“Je suis très bien, merci” Her voice was melodic, as if she could be a singer. I looked at the paper that she had brought in with her. Her name was Trinidad. I read threw it quickly, thankful for my vampire speed before I looked back up to her.
“I guess there really isn't a need for speaking just french when you can speak 15 other langauges then huh?” I laughed, finally speaking in english. It was nice to speak to someone else in english. Trinidad smiled and nodded.
“No I guess not,” There was a slight spanish accent to her voice that made her look even more exotic.
“So I need vamp's to help here. Back in the US I worked at a vampire bar, it was one of a kind there. And my goal is to bring one here,” I waved over the waiters that were training along the bar.
“Nous amener deux truebloods maintenant, s'il vous plaît,” The waiters only knew french, and that was ok with me. Ashley taught me, while hiring them, how to use my compultion to get what I wanted from their mind. Stupid humans.
The waiter nodded quickly and ran over tot he bar.
“Most of the people here will be humans, but I will need an assistant. And I don't want a human one. I tihnk if I have a vampire one who has skills to entertain as well as help me run this place as manager, then this place would be wonderful,” The waiter placed down the bottles and nodded lightly.
“Merci,”
“Now, from your resume, it looks like you fit the bill,” I smiled as I lifted the bottle of true blood. Trinidad smiled nervously, she must not be used to this. “Would you like to be the one here to help?”
The expression on her face changed from a nervous one to one filled with excitement.
“Yes!” She smiled largely and sat staright up. “I would love to work with you here, tell me what you want and I'll do it!” Trinidad seemed eager, and for an odd reason I liked that. I nodded towards the true blood infront of her, telling her silently to pick it up. When she did, we knocked the bottles together.
“Congratulations! You're now part of Morsures!”

---Eric's POV---

I dropped the wrist of the human girl who was laying across my lap. Her blood was mixed with alcohol and human drugs, but that had no effect on me. Though, now that life was such a chore then maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing.
She looked up at me in her half daze and smiled. She was disgusting. Nothing like my Nikole. There was that familiar ache in my chest. I couldn't believe that still, weeks later she made me feel so human. Even when she was a vampire she made me feel less...dead.
Pam walked in and didn't question the girl on my lap.
“Bill and Sookie are here for you,” Her tone didn't sound that exciting, but she palced a hand on her hip. I nodded a short one as Pam picked up the human from my lap and walked out. Before the door even closed Sookie and Bill walked threw.
“What is it that you want Eric?” Bill's voice was cold, unwelcoming. His glance towards me was cold. I knew I wasn't his favorite person.
“I have some quetions for you, please sit down,” I motioned for the chairs that were in front of my desk.
Sookie took the seat gladly and looked at Bill, nodding to him, mentally telling him that it was rude if he didn't.
“Well you look lovely tonight Sookie,” My eyes ran ove rher body. She was wearing a summer dress. It barely covered her skin and was so tight that it could have been painted on. Her body was always very tempting, must more then her telepathic skills. If Nikki wans't in the picture, I would kill Bill off to make love to her.
“Eric,” Bill said my name hard and my eyes darted to his. “This isn't about her. What is it about?”
“Oh well actually it is about Sookie,” I laced my hands together and placed them in my lap. “Sookie. You were the last one to see Nikole before she left, I would like to know where she went,” I said it smiply, even though I knew that she wasn't going to tell me.
“Eric, as I told you. She just told me she was leaving and said good bye,” Sookie's face was hard now, oh how she didn't know I could see threw her lies like smoke.
I nodded my head slowly.
“Yes. I get that. But please, stop lying Sookie, you are far to beauitful to be lying about this all the time,” I raised my eye brow looking over her moving chest. It must be warm and pumping there. From Bill, a low growl escaped before I could take my eyes away.
“Eric. She doesn't want to see you – get that threw your head!” Sookie was the one being mean now. This angery side of her always excited me. I couldn't resist smirking at her as I listened to the blood pumping threw her vains at an even faster rate now.
“Just tell me where she is,” There was no point in trying to be nice now.
“She left the country!” Sookie threw her hands up into the air and stood. “She left the continent – leave her alone Eric Maybe when she's ready she'll come find you,”
Sookies voice carried threw the room loudly. I wanted to grab her by the shoulders and shake her senceless. She didn't understnad the pain I was going threw every mintue while still awake. Bill stood, following her out of the office. I was going to have to hunt her down my self now.
♠ ♠ ♠
ooo lucky you guys, a second one right after! lol enjoy and let me know what you think :P