‹ Prequel: Love Bites

Love Bites 2.0

Chapter 5

--3 Months Later--

My phone vibrated in my pocket as I looked over the dance floor. My office was situated above everything so that I could keep an eye on everything. There was a small staircase that lead up to my office, and I could watch everyone who was coming up to me.
I shut the sound proof door behind me, once stepping into my office. I was the only one up there.
“Bonjour, ceci est Nikole parler,” I was so used to answering and speaking in Frnech that I didn't think about english anymore.
“Uh Nikki?” My favorte sweet southern accent ran threw the phone and I couldn't resist a smile.
“Sookie! Hey sorry! So used to speaking french over here, it's good to hear from you!” I sat down in my large chair. I had made sure that I got a really comfy one, like the one in Eric's office.
“Oh Nikki, you'll never believe what Bill did!” There was so much excitement in her voice I thought she was going to explode.
“What?”
“He got us tickets to come see you in Paris! I was telling him how much I missed you and then he came to pick me up from work the next day with tickets to Paris in his hand! Paris! I've only been out of the state twice!” Sookie was speaking so fast I could barely hear what she was saying.
“Thats great! When are you going to be here? You can stay with me!” Ashley wasn't going to be back in Paris for a few days. She was back in Gorgia, promising to send me information every second she could about Eric.
“We will be there in a few days, I'll get Bill to emil you all our information! Oh I can't wait to see you!” Sookie almost sounded like she was crying on the other end. A smile spread across my face, and as it did Trinidad walked in slowly, carrying a folder in her arms.
“Sookie, I can't wait for you and Bill to get here! But I gotta go, my sun up is in an hour and I'm still at the bar and have to close up. I'll email you as soon as I wake!” I ended the call and looked at my assistant.
Even though she had a folder in her hand she had a cute latex dress on that was powder pink. She had been on stage earlier in the night performing for everyone.
“Whats up?” I un capped a true blood and popped it into the small microwave that I kept in my office.
“This is just a fax from Ashley. The cover sheet says it's important.” Trinidad sat across from me and did the same thing I did with a true blood once mine was out of the microwave. I furrowed my eyebrows together and took the sheets from her hand.
The letters were bold and urgent.
“ERIC IS ON THE LOOK OUT FOR YOU. MUST STOP CONTACT. HE IS SEARCHING EVERY ONE, AND SPEARING NO EXPENCE. HE'S DETERMINED. WILL SEE YOU IN A FEW DARLING.”
A chill ran down my spine. I was hoping he wasn't looking for me. I couldn't believe this. Eric was ridiculous – stupid – he is....he was the love of my life.
“Excuse me Nikki., but is this Eric the one you're running from?” Trinidad's voice snapped me out of my blank state. I nodded lightly and then placed the papers back down my desk.
“I wouldn't say running but just taking a leave from, sorta,” Trinidad's face held a worried expression. In the few months of getting to know her she was an incrdible person with many human feelings still. I had learned that she was only turned a little wihle after me.
“He was my maker, my lover, my boyfriend and when he asked me to marry him I ran,” My shoulder made a shallow shrugging movement as I took a sip ofmy drink. Life sucked in the states, here in Paris everything was great. Sure I'd have a moment or two every once and a while that I would miss home and everyone there, but there was no changing this now.

Days passed and I stood in the airport waiting anxiously for Bill and Sookie to get off the plane. Their plane had already landed and the people were slowly getting off. Bill didn't do what I did to get here, by taking a vampire only flight. Sookie was the one who I saw first since Bill was in a coffin. I ran to Sookie quickly, embracing her in a tight hug.
“Sookie!” I kissed each cheek of hers, another custome that I had picked up here.
“Nikki! I am so happy to see you! I wish Bill was with me to see you! Oh I'm so happy!” After taking a step back to look eachother over, Sookie flung herself at me again and wrapped her arms around my neck tightly. I laughed and hugged her back.
Arm in arm we walked together towards the bagage and coffin claim, where we met Bill. I hugged him tightly, which he seemed kind of confused about. Yes Iknew vampires didn't like contanct with other vampires unless it was sex, but he had done so much for me that I didn't care.
We didn't have much time before sunrise so the 3 of us piled into the back of the limo that would take us to Ashley's estate. They were shocked to hear my story of how I started everything here and who I had met. Sookie was amazed with everything. I gave the two of them one of the vampire proof window rooms so that they could sleep in a king size bed together. I knew they were going ot have fun while they were here.

It was the only second night of them being here when Sookie came running into the bar, after a romantic date with Bill. Her hand was out infront of her and she was waving it like a crazy person.
“Look! Look!” The ring instantly caught my eye and I was drawn to it.
Sookie had a large engagement ring on her finger that was one of the prettiest things I had ever seen.
“Oh congratulations Sookie!” I hugged her tightly as tears started to come down her cheeks. “Where's bill?” I looked around the bar quick, then finally noticed him making his way to the bottom of the stairs with Ashley. I smiled. I was so happy that she was finally back. Sookie sat down in the chair that was across from my desk, not careing what I was saying. I had never seen her this happy.
A moment later, Bill opened the door for Ashley and the two of them walked in togehter. I rushed Bill and gave him a hug tightly.
“Congradulations Bill!” I pulled away and gave him a kiss on each cheek. He smiled warmly and did the same back.
“So this is the Bill that you had told me about before?” Ashley raised her eyebrow as she took the seat behind my desk where I would normally sit. My head nodded eagerly as I smiled at Sookie and Bill who were wrapped around eachother in a tight hug.
“He seems like the perfect southern gentalman, unlike Eric,” Ashley smiled and started to drink a bottle of True Blood. Bill's face turned towards us and he gave me a confused look.
“You know Eric?” Bill raised his eyebrow and took antoher step closer to me.
“Well ofcourse I do Mr. Compton, I'm not sure if you knew but I'm the Queen of Georgia,” Ashley smiled. Bill quickly bowed but Ashley laughed lightly, and waved her hand slightly, signaling himt o stand up straight.
“I've been friends with Eric for a while, and know how he can be. I met Nikki on the plane ride here for the first time, and since then I have been helping her. She is truely an amazing peice of work,” Ashley smiled at me and I felt my cheeks go cold again.
“Ashley has been keeping tabs on Eric while shes in the states,” I told Bill the truth, knowing hiding something from him would do no good for me.
“Nikki, Eric has been going crazy looking for you! He is seriously not pleased,” Sookie finally piped up and joined the conversation. For some reason her words scared me and I just nodded lightly.
“He is not pleased, it is easy to read in him. But we are keeping track of him, don't worry my dear,” Ashley read my face without even showing an expression on my face. Slowly, I nodded. The thought of Eric looking for me was something that was making me scared to the core.
♠ ♠ ♠
heres another one darlin's, let me know what you all think :D