‹ Prequel: Love Bites

Love Bites 2.0

Chapter 8

Sookie came storming in, scaring me, which made my fangs coming shooting down my my gums. Eric's did the same and in a second he was infront of me, blocking me from whoever was coming. Once we both realized it was Sookie, I took a deep breath and shook it off. Sookie stormed in and wlaked straight up to Eric who still had his arm behind him, holding me to his back.
“How dare you Eric!” Sookie looked up at him with the angeriest look I've ever seen. “This is my vacation! Not yours! I xame here to get away from you! Not let you follow me!”
“I didn't follow you,” Eric let go of me and turned to look at Sookie with a raised eyebrow. “I was taking my own vacation, just so happened to be here as well,” Eric walked down the steps, nonchalontly.
“Really? Then please explain to me why you are here with Nikki?” Sookie crossed her arms and thne glared at me like I had done something wrong.
“What! I did nothing, I just left work and came home. Not my fault I ran into him!” I raisd my hands up in defence and took a step back. “Not like I was looking for him!”
“Nikole! You brought this on yourself for leaving him! He was wanting to marry you and you just deserted him, making us deal with him back in Bon Temps!” Sookie shocked me when she said this. I really wasn't expecting that. There was a ripping feeling in my chest that made me want to cry.
“Sookie, would you please calm down,” Bill finally took a step out of the shadows and came closer to Sookie who was probably seeing red. I had never been happier to see Bill in my life then I was now.
“Good, Bill. Deal with your human, I've got some vampire stuff to deal with, with my mate,” Eric waved his hand and started to walk up the stairs towards me. I was hurt by what Sookie had said still, and they must have been able to read it all over my face. Once eric looked up at me, his expression changed from irritaed to worried.
“Lover, are you ok?” He took my hands in his and held them tightly. I wanted to curl up in his arms right now. Slowly, I nodded even though it wasn't convincing.
“Nikki, answer me. You are upset, please tell me whats wrong?” Eric's voice was pleading now, I knew when I was upset, that upset him. Before I could say anything, Eric must have put two and two together and turned on his heel quickly and looked over at Bill and Sookie.
“Sookie!” He raced up to her and pressed his face almost against her. “What yo said was wrong – and now Nikole is upset, is that what you wanted?” He pulled away and raised his eyebrow in a high arch.
“Well it's true! If you weren't such an ass all the time, then maybe she wouldn't have left you – it's not just her fault Eric, it's yours to,” She crossed her arms across her chest and looked up at Eric with no fear. Bill was hovering behind Sookie, waiting to save her the second Eric attacked, but Eric took a step back and looked at her.
“You're right Sookie,” He sounded defeated, saddened. That hurt to, to see Eric so defeated. After a moment, he raised his head again to look at her with a different look on his face. “That doesn't mean you make me, and most of all her,” He pointed behind himself towards me. “Feel this horrible. Look at her, Sookie – you told me you thought of Nikole as a good friend and you do this to her,” He was deffiently trying to make her feel bad, I could tell that – but as he spoke, he was starting to make me feel bad to.
Sookie's face was blank, like she didn't know what was happening around her, which I couldn't blame her for. I was pretty confused myself. I took another few steps up the stairs, I was done with this, and wnated to go to my room.
“Nikole wait!” Eric rushed over, and was infront of me a second later. My body slammed into his and could feel the electricity that was rubbing between us. My eyes darted to Eric's, and his expression showed that he felt the shock to. He was about to say something that would suit Eric in every way when Bill inturupted him.
“Nikki, are you wanting Eric here?” He raised his own eyebrow and came closer to us. He stood at the bottum of the stairs that we were on and crossed his arms across his chest. Sookie walked up to him, about to yell something feirce when he raised a hand to silence her.
“Well, I mean, the way we met up wasnt the grestest way, but its nice to see him,” I couldn't lie to everyone and let alone to myself. I was happy in the end that I had saw him, and that he was here. I could feel Eric's eyes on me intently and was watching me for everything that I said.
Bill looked at Sookie for a second, before putting his arm around her and pulling her tightly to the side.
“We will go to our room and see you in the evening before we leave. You two need to talk,” Bill nodded at us both and then looked at Sookie before walking away pulling her along with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
so hungover.... so tired.... thank god for laptops