Status: Active

Wake of Devastation, Lost in Desperation

Rescue

I stormed through the forest, not looking back at Chester, who rode with Eurydice's cousin at his back. Bradley had offered her to ride with him, but I refused, and made her ride with Chester. As anyone might have noticed, I was in the mood to do anything to make Chester uncomfortable.

"Sayer!" Merideth called. "Eurydice stopped. She- she killed a man. She was caught-- I can't see her!"

"Can you tell where they took her?" I called back. She nodded.

"I can lead the way. That's about it." I nodded back and she pushed toward the front, turning us abruptly left. I caught a glimpse of Chester, who was making a face because Kenya had her arms around him. I smirked and continued after Merideth.

She stopped and we saw five gaurds standing in front of a door that nearly blended in with the scenery. I nodded to her and got off my horse, tying it to a tree. The others did the same.

"Okay," I said. "Here's the plan. Merideth, Piper, Flora, and Mayora, stay here and cast an invisibility charm on Michael, Bradley, Robert, David, and I. We'll be going inside."

"What about me?" Chester and Kenya asked in unision.

"You'll be staying here," I replied. They opened their mouths to protest and I shook my head. "Someone needs to keep an eye out while Merideth and the others cast their spells." They closed their mouths and glared in different directions.

"We can't hold the spell long, Sayer," Merideth said. "Get in there, free Eurydice, and get out." I nodded as Chester and Joseph headed over to the door to take care of the gaurds. Michael grabbed my hand in his and we started inside with the others.

"We aren't your pawns, Morcaus," I heard a familiar voice say. "Jakobi and I don't take orders from you." We walked farther in and I saw Morcaus and the psychic bickering. In the corner, Eurydice glared at the two, bound tightly in ropes. Morcaus continued fighting the psychic but something caught me eye.

There was a sword made of the same red material as my dagger on the wall.

I turned to the men. "Go free Eurydice," I mouthed. Then I pulled Michael over to the sword.

"What--?" he whispered.

"This sword... I have to get it. I have to give it to Eurydice." I grabbed the hilt and Michael gripped my wrist.

"They're practically staring right at us," he warned. "If you take it, they'll know something's up. We won't get out of here without incident."

"Go make a noise on the other side of the room, then," I said. "This is important, it might save our lives." I pulled out my red dagger. "Without this, we wouldn't be here. This is mine." I nodded toward the sword. "That is Eurydice's." He stared at me, then complied. A few seconds later, there was a crash on the other side of the room. I grabbed the sword and ran over to Eurydice, where the men were untying her.

"We need to hurry," Michael said, appearing next to me. "The spell is fading."

Eurydice was free and I gave her the sword without word. We turned to see Morcaus and the psychic snarling at us.

"Sayer, finally," Morcaus said. "Now I can infect you like I infected your sister." I smiled and glanced back at Eurydice.

"She's not infected. She's an elf." Eurydice looked at me, surprised, and Morcaus stared at me, angry. "We had to heal her so many times, cast so many spells on her, that she's changed. Your efforts to change her are useless. She's permanently an elf." He snarled and lunged for me, but Robert kicked him and he went flying into a wall.

"I've always wanted to do that," he admitted. I smiled.

"Ahh, Sayer. Looks like you've finally married the man of your dreams," the psychic said. "Can I tell you how it ends? After you meet Jakobi--" Eurydice lunged and plunged her sword into the psychic. She died instantly.

"Enough of your lies," Eurydice growled.

"Get out!" Michael bellowed. "Everyone get out! I'll deal with Morcaus." Everyone rushed toward the entrance, but I stayed next to Michael.

"We will," I vowed. He smiled and kissed me quickly, and we turned to Morcaus, who sneered.

"How brave. Two lovers making their final stand."

I pulled my dagger out and he stared at it.

"Or two lovers about to kick your ass," I said.

Michael lunged, distracting him, turning him around and pushing him back towards me. Slowly, Morcaus was forced closer to me, until I plunged my dagger into his back, exactly where I had plunged the arrow all those days ago.

He fell to the floor and laughed.

"This will be interesting," he said. "Watching you kill your own father." He looked up at Michael and grinned. "Are you ready to be King, Prince Michael?" He cackled and ended with a spluttering cough. "I thought not. I'll soon see Jakobi in hell, I think." He died.

"Come on," Michael said, grabbing my hand. I grabbed my dagger andf hurried after him, leaving the hall. The door closed behind us and dissapeared forever. I saw Eurydice, standing next to a crying Flora.

"Come," I said to her. "We need to talk."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooooh what will they talk about?

Gtg :D

<3Schiz