I Don't Like You, I Like Your Brother... I Think?

Friends?

Kelly’s pov

It hurt so much! Why?! Why does it hurt this much to even think about Zane kissing Liz?! Surely I can’t be falling for him?! No. I-it’s because I thought he was actually changing. I thought he was going to keep to his deal but he goes and gets with Liz. That’s why it hurts so much. That’s why I’m running out of the school with tears streaming down my face so fast that I don’t even see what I bumped into.

“Kelly? Are you ok?” Kyle’s voice drifted to my ears. I looked up at him and shook my head.

“What happened?” He asked.

“H-he was kissing L-Liz.” I sobbed as I hugged Kyle. He wrapped his arms around me rubbing my back soothingly as I continued to cry.

“Shhh. It’s alright. It’s ok.” He whispered.

“God I’m so stupid.” I whispered as I started to calm down.

“No you aren’t. He’s the one that ruined it. He’s the stupid one. He’s the one that lost the best thing in his life.” Kyle said pulling away from me.

“You were right about him. Everything was a lie. It never would have worked.” I shook my head.

“At least you didn’t love him.” He smiled at me. I just nodded my head, feeling my stomach clench at the thought.

“I don’t’ know why I dated him. I knew he was a player.” I sighed.

“Maybe you thought he changed?”

“No. I think the only reason I dated him… was because I thought he would be like you.” I whispered the last part quietly. I looked at the ground, feeling my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. He put his finger under my chin and lifted my face so I was looking at him.

“You like me?” He half smiled. I pressed my lips together and nodded my head even though something inside me told me it was a complete lie. He leaned down and gently pressed his lips to mine. It shocked me how empty the kiss seemed, like there was nothing there.

“Kelly! Don’t do this!” I heard someone yell. I broke away from Kyle and turned around, and was surprised to see Liz and Zane standing behind us.

“Wh-what do you mean?” I asked confused.

“It was my fault! I was the one to kiss Zane, not the other way. He loves you!” She said.

“He doesn’t love me Liz.” I shook my head.

“Tell her Zane! Tell her that you love her!” Liz glared at Zane. I don’t know why, but it felt as if my heart had stopped beating as I was waiting for Zane to say something. But he said nothing. He just stared at me.

“Tell her!” Liz was getting frustrated. Zane opened his mouth, but Kyle interrupted him.

“If he loved her, then he wouldn’t had kissed you.”

“It wasn’t like that so shut the fuck up Kyle!” Liz yelled back.

“Liz, he doesn’t love me. He loves you. That’s what this whole thing was about. I was only helping him get you. He never loved me.” I whispered.

“That’s what the deal was?” Liz turned to Zane.

“I-it was at first but-”

“I was so wrong about you Zane. You are just like Kyle. If not more of an asshole. I’m so sorry Kelly.” With that Liz walked away leaving Zane standing there with Kyle and I.

“What are you doing? Go after her.” I rolled my eyes.

“I… I can’t. Kelly… I really do like you.” He said. I stared at him wide eyed. Why did I feel like my heart was going to pound out of my chest when he said that?

“Zane… I-I’m sorry. You know I don’t feel the same way.” I shook my head.

“Didn’t I tell you Zane? You broke her heart, and I’m her shoulder to cry on.” Kyle smirked. He really didn’t get it did he? We never really went out.

“You’re a good friend, but… nothing more.” I sighed. He just nodded his head.

“I can deal with friend.” He said. I slowly smiled.

“Good. Because I can’t go back to being enemies.” I chuckled as I ran to him and wrapped him in a hug.

“If he hurts you though, you let me know.” He whispered in my ear.

“I will.” I whispered back excitedly. I pulled away, still smiling at him. I felt an arm around my waist and I looked back to see Kyle glaring at his brother. I was finally dating Kyle! Why do I feel like this is a bad idea?