Status: In progress; crazy with work will update as time allows....

My Everything

Chapter 14

Chapter 14: Planning Parties

It was February. I forgot that it was February. A very important month for any Green Day fan but it was even more important if you were a friend of said band. It was Billie’s birthday tomorrow. I had completely forgotten, what a dumb ass am I? I was sitting in the kitchen early in the morning thinking about this knowing that Billie was still asleep upstairs I decided to call Mike. I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up.

“Mike speaking.” He answered after a few rings.

“Jewels speaking.” I mocked him smiling.

“What do you want at….7:00 in the morning?” I could tell he looked at his watch.

“Well oh knowledgeable one, I was wondering what Billie likes to do for his birthday. Does he usually have a party or anything like that?”

“He usually has a party. Adrienne always planned them so I don’t know what really went into them. I just showed up for cake, ice-cream and beer.” I rolled my eyes, typical reply from a guy.

“Do you think he would be up to having a party this year? I mean I know it’s a little early after the divorce and all but I was thinking maybe it would take his mind off of everything.” I said at a slight whisper.

“I know something else that would take his mind off Adrienne.” I barely heard Mike mumble.

“What?”

“Nothing.” Was his quick reply.

“That’s what I thought. Do you think it should just be close friends and family?” I said turning the conversation back to party plans.

“Yeah, that might be a good idea. He hasn’t seen his mom or his brothers and sisters for awhile. I think he would like to see them.”

“Okay so, should I call his mother or should I let you do that. I mean I don’t know her or have ever met her.” I said kind of apprehensive about calling his mother. I wasn’t his girlfriend, I was a friend, but I didn’t want her getting the wrong idea. Even if I wouldn’t mind if that idea were in fact true.

“I’ll call her today. She’ll get a hold of the brothers and sisters. Hopefully a few will be able to come. So are we making this a surprise party? If so don’t tell Tre, the poor guy can’ t keep a secret if his life depended on it.”

“Yeah, I guess we could. It should be fun. I might do him so good.” I smiled at the phone, like Mike could see me. I rolled my eyes at myself. “I’ll go ahead and call Emi and Takisha unless you want to call Takisha as well.”

“No you can call the girls.” Mike replied a little reluctantly. He seemed to be able to sense that I was fishing for some information.

“Okay fine then, I’m going to go back to sleep and then I’ll call Takisha and Emi.”

“K, bye.” A few seconds later Mike hung up. I put my phone back down on the counter and walked upstairs to the guest room that I was staying in. Within minutes of hitting the pillow I was asleep once again.

***********************************************************************

I hung up from talking to Jewels. The birthday party was a really good idea, and very sweet of her to do. Adrienne sometimes could treat giving Billie a party as a chore something she didn’t really want to do. Jewels really seemed to be interested in throwing him a birthday party. I picked up the phone once more and dialing a phone number that I had known my most of my childhood. I waited a few moments for the phone to ring and another few minutes to give her time to get to the phone.

“Hello.”

“Hey mom.” I said smiling. I hadn’t talked to her in a long time.

“Michael…how are you?” She asked. I could hear the shock in her voice over the unsuspected call.

“I’m doing okay.”

“How is my youngest son?”

“Billie is doing alright. In fact he is the reason I’m calling. As you know Billie is going to be turning 37 years old tomorrow and a newly acquired friend wants to throw a birthday party for him and was wondering if you would like to come. Also try to get his Alen, Anna, and the others to come, if possible.” I explained and asked.

“Oh, how wonderful. Of course I’ll be there. I’m assuming that I’m not supposed to mention anything to Billie.” His mother, Ollie, asked.

“We would prefer if you didn’t. No telling Tre either, you know how he is.”

“Oh of course poor boy couldn’t keep a secret for the life of him.” I laughed at her reply.

“Okay, I’m going to call a few more people. If you would call the other siblings it would help a lot.” I said.

“I can do that. I’ll let you get to work. Oh who is this new friend of his? A girl?” She asked.

“You’ll have to ask him, mom, it’s not for me to tell.” I replied knowing that I had pretty much given everything away then.

“So it is a girl. Is she nice?”

“You’ll have to find out for yourself tomorrow.”

“Oh fine keep it from me. I figure out who it is. Do I know them.” She was going to keep pushing until I gave her something.

“No, you don’t know her. You can meet her tomorrow.” I cringed. Billie was going to kill me. I knew that Ollie would be calling him soon and would be asking about this new girl. Crap.

“Okay, I can tell that you aren’t going to tell me. I’ll see you tomorrow dear.”

“Bye Ollie.” I hung up before either of us could say anything else. As I was hanging up I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

“Who were you talkin’ too?” A girl asked me.

“I was talking to Billie’s mom and before that I was talking to Jewels.” I replied turning around and hugging her.

“What did Jewels want this early?” She asked.

“Well, she’s actually supposed to call you later today and invite you, so I really shouldn’t tell you ahead of time.” I smiled down at her.

“Are you trying to keep me all to yourself, Mr. Pritchard?”

“I might be Ms. Kisha. Would that be a problem?”

“Nope I don’t think so.” She smiled up at me. I smiled back down at her. “Does it have anything to do with the fact that it’s Billie’s birthday tomorrow?”

“What is it with you girls and having all of our birthdays memorized?” I teased while I nodded my head, so I wouldn’t be giving anything away.

“So there’s going to be a party…awesome…tomorrow?” I nodded to answer her question. That way she was basically guessing everything.

“No telling Tre.”

“Okay…Is he going to be bringing Ramona? I mean I know he forgot her the other day but he wouldn’t leave her at home while he went and had fun at a party…would he?”

“No, he’ll probably bring Ramona. I’m going to have to figure out whether or not I can get Estelle, or if I can even get Adrienne to let the boys come without her being there. She’s started to be a little bitchy when it comes to the kids. I think it has something to do with this new guy she’s with. I think she’s taking everything out on Billie and is using the kids, but I can’t prove it and I don’t know for sure if it could be true.”

“We’ll figure something out. No worries.” She reached up and gave me a kiss on the lips before turning around and heading toward the bedroom. I don’t know what I did to get a girl like this but I planned on having her around for awhile.

**********************************************************************

I woke up a couple hours later, getting up I walked downstairs. Looking around I couldn’t find Billie anywhere, until I heard the strumming of a guitar downstairs in the basement/ practice room for the band. I decided not to bother him, I walked to the kitchen and picked up my phone and walked over to the refrigerator and looked at the number hanging on the door. It was now or never, I needed to know if the boys would be able to come to the party. I took a deep breath and began dialing. I let the breath go when the phone began to ring on the other end. It rang a few times before I heard a woman’s voice answer.

“Hello?”

“Adrienne?” I asked thinking maybe I had dialed a wrong number. I breathed a sigh of relief when I realized that I hadn’t.

“This is she, who is this?” She asked.

“Ummm…this is Juliet Aldridge…I’m a…” She cut me off before I could finish.

“You’re the girl I met at the beginning of the week at Billie’s?” I shook my head before voicing my answer.

“Yeah, I’m the one. I’m sorry to bother you but Mike and I are throwing Billie a birthday party tomorrow and we were wondering if the boys could come. Your more than welcome if you want to come as well.” Trying to keep the peace as my Aunt would say.

“Well, I won’t be able to make it but I’ll drop the boys off about 2:00 is that too early.” She asked, sounding like she actually didn’t care.

“No that will be fine.” I replied, glad that the boys were able to come at all.

“Okay I’ll bring them by tomorrow.” With that she hung up. I didn’t even get to tell her thank you. Oh well. I took another breath before calling Takisha, who I expected was actually with Mike, and Emi. As soon as I got off the phone with them I heard someone come up behind me.

“Billie, Emi has tried many times to sneak up on me and has failed.” I heard him sigh before he finished approaching. I turned around to face him. He surprised me by giving me a hug.

“Thank you.” Was all he said.

“For what?” When he let me go. Stepping back he spoke.

“For what you’re doing tomorrow for me.” I panicked for a minute thinking he found out about the party.

“What am I doing for you tomorrow?”

“I heard you asking Adrienne if the boys could come over tomorrow for my birthday,” I saw him smile before he spoke again, “party.”

“Dammit, you weren’t supposed to know about it, so SURPRISE!” I yelled throwing my arms into the air and jumping. I heard him chuckle.

“You didn’t have to do that but it means a lot that you would make sure that Joey and Jake are there. I wouldn’t even care if anyone else showed up as long as they did.” He came forward and hugged me again. “It really means a lot.”

“It’s not a problem at all…just promise tomorrow that you will pretend to be surprised. We were all worried about Tre spilling the beans…and here I’ve already done it just by calling people. I should have made Mike….” Billie cut me off by suddenly kissing me. It was very brief much to my disappointment. I didn’t even have time to respond.

“Again thank you.” With that he turned around and went back to the basement leaving me standing there in a state of shock and disappointment. He also left me in a state of confusion. What did that kiss mean. I was going to be leaving to go back to Missouri the day after his birthday. If he didn’t want me to go he had better tell me quick before it’s too late.
Little did I know that the next day would hold more than a few surprises for me and for Billie Joe.