Status: Hiatus

Choose, Choose, Choose.

Eighteen

I relaxed on my seat with my Harry Potter book on my lap and a glass of hot chocolate on the coffee table. I could hear Dad talking with someone on the phone very clearly because he stood only a few feet away from me. I didn't do anything today. Well, actually, I did something. After going back from Lucy's around 10, I decided to stay in my room and make some music. Nick has been bragging me a lot about that. He even called me this morning and asked me about that. I could hear Greg's voice on the back and he said that Nick was in a hyper mode. Actually, I didn't really get it but I did what he told.

"Where's Kendall and the others?" Dad asked as he sat on the arm chair.

"Um, I don't know," I shrugged, "he told me yesterday that he's going to spend his day with me today but until now, he hasn't showed up. I honestly don't care if he changed his mind and didn't come. I kind of think that he's sick of seeing me almost everyday."

"He told me about that too. Well, it's almost 8 and I think he won't show up. He's probably hanging out with the guys tonight." Dad replied.

"Yeah. I'm lazy to go anywhere though." I sighed softly and continued to read my book again. As I flipped another page, I heard some footsteps and laughter coming from behind me. Oh, it's about time!

"Kaylee!!" I rolled my eyes playfully and closed my book, turning my head so I could see my 4 best friends grinning like idiots at me. I shared a look with Dad and he just shrugged his shoulder.

"It's about time," I said to them and stood up from the couch. I walked past them and to the upstairs.

"Where are you going?" Carlos asked when I was about to step on the stairs.

"My room. I'm going to get some sleep. Goodnight, guys!" I shouted at them but before I could step again, I felt someone wrapping his arms around me and threw me over shoulder.

"You're not going to your room. You're going with us tonight." Kendall said as he walked to downstairs again.

"DAD!! Need some help here!!!" I shouted through the house and a second later, Dad appeared.

"Don't worry, Mr. Jenkins. Kaylee will be safe! If she gets home with a scratch, you can blame Kendall, not me, Carlos, or James." Logan had to tease and I smacked Kendall's back.

"What's that for? You should do that to Logan! Not me!" He said defensively at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Dad, will you help me or not?" I asked Dad and he just shrugged his shoulder, "Oh, joy!" I muttered under my breath.

"Have fun, sweetheart!" Dad shouted and I pouted at him as Kendall walked out of the house and James closed the front door.

"Will you set me down or not? I'm not a kid anymore!" I complained, rolling my eyes again.

"You really should stop rolling your eyes, Kaylee. It's not healthy." James said with a chuckle and I rolled my eyes again. They walked to Kendall's car and before getting in, they set me down. Oh thank God.

"I thought you guys aren't going to show up." I started as I straighten my clothes and shivered a little when the wind blew.

"We're not breaking our promise." Carlos said and smiled proudly.

"I know. But the last time I check, you guys didn't make any promises." I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned on the car door.

"We better go now," Logan said, completely ignoring my words, and the others agreed with him. Somehow I hate being the only girl and the youngest between all of them. Kendall didn't help me though. He agreed with his friends more than with his cousin.

"Where are we going?" I asked them as we all got in to the car and Kendall started to drive off. James sat on the passenger seat and I sat on the back with Logan and Carlos.

"You'll see." I turned to see Logan smirking as he said that.

"Logan, you're the nicest guy ever and I really love you even more than Kendall, will you tell me please?" I begged at him and he turned to see me. I could tell his eyes lit up as I said that. I gave him my puppy dog eyes look, hoping that it would make him tell me.

"No, Logan. Don't tell her." Kendall said when Logan was about to open his mouth.

"Sorry," Logan muttered very quietly to me and I huffed. They absolutely know that I really hate surprises and secrets.

"You can pout and beg to anyone, Kaylee. But one thing, they still won't tell you anything." Kendall added with a chuckle and I rolled my eyes playfully at his words.

"You know what, Kendall, when I said that I love Logan more than I love you, I really meant it." I replied and I could feel Kendall glancing at me from the rear view mirror.

"Oh no, you're not." Kendall said with a laugh and shook his head, "You were wrong for saying that word, Kay. That makes us won't say any words or give you a clue about the place we're going right now." I groaned and sighed heavily, making the guys chuckle at me.

After almost an hour car ride, we finally stopped. I looked around and noticed that we were stopping at a beach. We piled out of the car and I stood by Carlos, looking at the view. Why were they taking me to a beach? It's so quiet and empty here. There were only us.

"Come on," Kendall ordered and suddenly my view went black.

"Do you really have to do this to me?" I asked them and James chuckled from behind me.

"Yes," James answered shortly and I felt someone grabbing my hand and holding it. I gasped and controlled my breath for a while.

"It's just me." Logan said to make me calm and I sighed in relief. I smiled and he started leading me walk. I tried to figure out what they got for me until James have to cover my eyes like this. We started to walk and it was so quiet. I could hear the sound of the guys talking lowly to each other, the sound of me breathing, the sound of wave crashing to the shore.

After walking for about 10 minutes, we finally stopped. James uncovered his hands but I still closed my eyes, "You can open your eyes now," Kendall said and I did it. I opened my eyes slowly and blinked a few times.

I looked at the people standing in front of me. There were 2 guys and a girl smiling at me. My eyes lit up and ran towards them, "Aaaah!!!" I tackled them to the ground and we giggled at ourselves.

"Oh we miss you too, Kaylee," Michael, a guy with brown short hair and bright blue eyes, said to me with a thick British accent.

"Yeah, we miss you a lot!" Maddie, the only girl with blond hair and the same blue eyes, added with a laugh.

"I can't breath!!" Tony, the other guy with black hair and brown eyes, exclaimed. I laughed at them before standing up and brushing off the sand from my jeans.

"I miss you guys so much." I said with tears covered my eyes and hugged them again.

"We know. We miss you too, Kaylee." Michael said as he stroked my hair that fell until my upper back.

"Can you pull back? I'm starting to lose my breath." Maddie butted in and I immediately pulled back from the hug. When Maddie said that, I started to feel worried. She has asthma, by the way. I looked at them once again and still couldn't believe that they're here.

"Why are you guys doing here, by the way? Aren't you supposed still in Manchester?" I asked them and they all smiled so widely at me.

"Thanks to your cousin and friends." Tony said with a smile and I turned around to face Kendall, Logan, Carlos, and James.

"Oh guys, why you have to be so sweet to me?" I said and a tear rolled down to my cheek. I walked towards them and they opened their arms.

"Why are you crying??" Carlos asked as they pulled me in a group hug that could almost break a bone.

"You really know how to make me so happy." I said to them, ignoring Carlos question.

"We're glad we can make you happy," Logan said as we pulled back from the hug. I smiled at them widely and turned around to see Michael, Maddie, and Tony.

"Oh come here all of you," I said and opened my arms. They walked closer and I pulled them all in a big group hug. This felt really good. All of my favorite people were here with me. I couldn't tell how much I miss Michael, Maddie, and Tony. They meant a lot to me. We hung a lot in Manchester and used to play in a band together. We didn't have a name for the band, but we kept practicing every Friday after school. And when I moved here, I felt like there's something inside of me missing. Sure, having Kendall, Logan, Carlos, and James is more than enough for me. And yes, I have fun with them a lot, but sometimes when I got in to my room and saw a picture of me, Maddie, Michael, and Tony, I suddenly felt lonely. I grew up in a same city and neighborhood with them, so lived here without them was a completely different story. But now, I'm really glad they're here. I don't know how long they will be here, but I just wanna enjoy every single second I have with them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tada! Chapter 18!!
So, I finally introduced you Kaylee's friends. Um, sorry if this chapter if kind of suck, I suddenly lost my mood in the middle of writing this chapter but I was trying my best to make this chapter good.
And, just wanna tell you, drama will come on the next chapter! :D
Thanks for reading my story! Feedback is always appreciated! :D