Status: Hiatus

Choose, Choose, Choose.

Twenty

I walked around the park while licking my vanilla ice cream. The weather today was nice and it's warm outside. I decided to take a walk with Sterling. Kind of surprised, huh? This boy was gone for like a week and yesterday he called and asked me to take a walk with him. Well, I wouldn't pass that opportunity. Sterling is a very good friend and he's funny. It's so nice for being around him.

"You haven't finished that yet?" He asked, making me to turn and face him. He raised one of his eyebrows and his blue eyes were sparkling under the sun.

"Nope." I said proudly and continued to lick my ice cream. He chuckled at me and shook his head, "What?"

"Nothing!" He said and shrugged his shoulders. I raised an eyebrow at him, "You're just sounding like a little girl when you said that."

"Actually, I was supposed to be mad at those words because I don't like it when people call me 'like a little girl' but I won't mad at you because I'm such in a good mood today." I rolled my eyes playfully at him.

"So, do you have any plans for tomorrow?" he asked, changing the topic.

"Maybe, no. But, actually I don't know. My friends always come up with an instant plan every time. They're unpredictable." I answered him and finally, finished my ice cream.

"It must be fun to have friends like them around." He said, turning to see me with a smile on his face.

"Yes, it is. They always seem to find a way to make me happy whenever I'm sad and down. Especially, Kendall and Logan," I smiled, "Kendall because he's like my brother and it's like we have this unknown connection between us so we always know if we feel something bothering us or not right."

"And, Logan because?" He asked, getting impatient.

"Logan because.. well.. I don't know. He's always there for me when I need someone and I get along with him very well. We have a lot of things in common." I shrugged my shoulders, "It's just cool hanging out with him."

"How's your music going?" He asked, changing the topic again, and I smiled at his question.

"It's going great. And you know what, about a week ago, I was on the news just because I was on the same stage with Nick and his brothers. I just can't believe it." I told him, "and now, I get a lot of followers on Twitter. I'm wondering where they find out my Twitter account."

"I wrote it on my Twitter and some of your friends did too!" He said, making me to give him a look, "hey, Nick and the others tweet about that too." he added quickly before I could say anything, "So, I have a plan for tonight." he exclaimed.

"A plan? What is that?" I asked him curiously.

"Well, I'm thinking to go to the beach and watch the sunset while having dinner with you. How's that sound?" He asked and smiled proudly to himself, causing me to smile as well.

"That sounds great." I smiled widely at him.

"Okay, then. It's a date." He said with a laugh.

"It's not a date because I didn't dress up!" I protested and he laughed at me, shaking his head.

"You didn't have to dress up for a date!" He shrugged, "well, then, it's an instant date." he added.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say." I said, rolling my eyes at him and shook my head. This guy is unbelievable.

~~~~~

I scribbled down on my notebook with a wide smile on my face. I finally finished the song that I'd been working for like.. a week? Two weeks? I don't know. The great thing is, I finally finished it. I hope this song sounded good to Nick because I worked on it day and night, causing me to sleep very late and have these silly eye bags. I put the guitar on the space beside me and the notebook on the nightstand. As I was about to stand up from my bed, the door cracked open.

"Kaylee, you're still awake?" I heard Kendall's voice and smiled a little bit.

"Yes, I am. Come in." I said to him and he walked in, shutting the door behind him, "why are you still awake? It's past midnight." I added as he walked towards my bed.

"I was just about to say the same thing to you!" He said with a chuckle, "I can't sleep. What about you? What makes you still up?" He sat in front of me and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I just finished my song!" I said with a smile on my face, causing him to smile as well.

"Can you play it for me?" He asked and I nodded, grabbing the guitar and started playing it. Kendall just sat there and listened carefully at me. I sang the song quietly 'cause I didn't wanna wake everybody up.

"That was beautiful." He commented with a smile when I stopped singing. I smiled at him and watched him as he moved to sit next to me, leaning on the headboard.

"Thanks. You're kind of the inspiration of this song." I put the guitar on its stand near the desk.

"Kind of?" He asked, cocking one of his thick eyebrows at me.

"Yep." I nodded, jumping to the bed. I lie my on the bed, staring straight at the ceiling, "the inspirations are you, Logan, and Sterling."

"Oh." He said, "Um, how was your day??" He asked, changing the topic.

"It's pretty great. I went for a walk with Sterling today. We walked along while eating our ice cream in the park and then we went for an instant date." I answered with a smile on my face.

"Instant date? What is that?" He asked with a laugh.

"You know, when we go for a date without dressing up and the guy tell you to go for a date that second." I explained.

"That's pretty weird." He commented.

"I know, right." I chuckled, "We had dinner at the beach while watching the sun set. It's so amazing. There wasn't many people left at the beach, making it more beautiful and quiet."

"He didn't do anything to you, did he?" He asked out of the blue. I turned to see him and raised my eyebrows, "what? I was just asking!" He said defensively.

"He didn't do anything to me, Kendall. Why would he do anything to me anyway?" I asked back at him, slightly confused.

"Um, I don't know. Maybe because-"

"Okay. Stop it." I cut him off, "You're just being overprotective to me. I get it now." I nodded slightly.

"Well, actually, I have another reason-"

"I'm sleepy. Are you going to sleep here with me or not?" I cut him off again, ignoring his words.

He sighed loudly before saying, "Fine. I'll sleep here with you. Goodnight, Kaylee." He kissed my forehead before lying on the space beside me.

"Goodnight, Kendall." I mumbled to him before pulling the blanket close to me and drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Look who decided to show up in this chapter!! :D
Well, Sterling will be in the next few chapters bcs... you know.. he had some issues with Kendall in the past :D
And... I got another commenter! Yeay!
As always, I wanna say thanks to you guys! You guys are really awesome! :D

xo -Lela :)