Status: Hiatus

Choose, Choose, Choose.

Seven

"Yesterday was a lot of fun. Kendall, his friends, and I were going to the beach. We stayed there for a little while then went to have breakfast together. We spent our time together for the rest of day." I explained to Dad as I dribbled the basketball a few times and shot it to the hoop.

"I’m glad that you already make some friends here." Dad said as he watched me running to get the ball.

I passed him a smile before answering, "Yeah. They are funny. They crack me up every time. I like being around them very much." I held the ball on my stomach and walked towards Dad to sit on the chair beside him.

"Oh, Kaylee? May I ask you some questions?" Dad asked. I raised my eyebrows, thinking why Dad asked that before asking questions to me.

"Why not?" I said, wiping the sweats that were drifting down on my face with my towel.

"So, when I was taking your guitar back to your room, I found a book with 'Kaylee's music book' on the cover. Because I was so curious about what's inside that book, I opened the book and read the first page. Look, I didn't mean to be rude by opening that book without your permissions, but you know me. I can't handle my curiosity." Dad explained to me and I was kind of surprised for the first time. But I know that he didn't mean to be rude or something. He was just curious. And I understood that.

"It's okay, Dad. If you're curious about that, then I just have to explain to you." I said to him, giving a small smile.

I told him what's inside that book and the real reason why I moved here besides to get closer to Dad and Kendall. He was just listening and giving me encouraging smile. I know that he's always supporting me and my future career as long as I like and enjoy it.

For almost two hours, we kept staying at the backyard and having this dad and daughter time. We both talked a lot about everything. Dad knew that he's busy and didn't have much time to stay at home for me. So that's why we used today to talk and spend it together.

"So, do you have any plans for today?" Dad asked me as I looked up at the sky, just enjoying the sun.

"Well, because I already get my car, I'm thinking to go shopping. Kendall said that he's going with me but I'm fine if I go alone." I answered. Kendall really told me that he's going with me but when I saw him having a bad mood, I was thinking that he wouldn't go with me.

"Why don't you ask Lucy to come with you?" I smiled at his question. It's a good idea, really.

"I already called her. But too bad, she can't go with me. She's busy with another photo shoot for Seventeen Magazine." I explained and stood up from my chair, "I think I just have to clean up right now." I added.

"Yeah. You kinda smell bad, Kaylee." Dad teased and I rolled my eyes playfully at him as I passed him the ball. He caught it and laughed slightly at me. I walked back to the house and straight to my room. I walked to the bathroom and stripped my clothes. And Dad was right. I smell bad because of playing basketball for about 2 hours.

When I was done, I dressed and combed my hair, letting it falls on my shoulder. I grabbed my phone and bag before walking out of my room, "Dad!! I'll be home on dinner!!" I shouted as I walked to the kitchen to grab my car keys from the island.

"Okay!! Drive safe, sweetie!!" He shouted back from the backyard, I guess. I walked out from the house and smiled as I saw my baby on the driveway. Oh, I love this car so damn much! I unlocked the car and slid in to the driver seat. Before starting the engine, I sat there, thinking, for a little while. Dad was right. Shopping alone is no fun. Then an idea popped in my head.

I pulled out my phone from my bag and opened a new text.

Shopping alone is NO FUN. Who wanna come with me?

I sent the text to Kendall, James, Carlos, and Logan. I waited for a while and my phone buzzed like crazy.

"James. No. Carlos. No. Kendall. Yes. Logan. Why not." I read to myself and smiled. Okay, then. It settled. I started the car and pulled back from the driveway, heading to Paramount Studios lot.

~~~~~

I drummed my fingers on the steering wheel as I waited for Logan and Kendall to come out from their set. And a few minutes later, they finally showed up. They looked around the parking lot, searching for me. I rolled down the window and waved my hand to them. Kendall pointed at my car and they jogged towards my car. Kendall slid in to the passenger seat while Logan was sliding in to the back seat.

"Wow, Kaylee. Nice car." Logan commented and I turned my head to give him a smile, "And glasses." He added, pointing to my glasses. I chuckled slightly and turned my head to see Kendall smiling at me. Well, I guessed he wasn't in the bad mood anymore.

"Thanks." I said and pulled back from the parking lot. I asked them where the nearest supermarket is and Kendall showed me the way. After a while, we finally arrived at the supermarket. I needed to buy some milk, cereals, snack, shampoo... Okay, I already had it all on my list.

"I always want to visit Paris. Michael has ever been there before and he said that Paris is beautiful." I told them as I grabbed two boxes of cereals from the food rack and put it on the trolley.

"Hm. Paris. Sounds interesting to me. But if you go there alone, it will be no fun. It's called 'city of love' so I think it will be fun if you go there with someone you love." Logan piped in.

"Exactly. I think I will visit Paris with my future boyfriend someday." I said then silenced for a few seconds, "And you know what, I heard from Grannie that my Dad proposed my Mom in Paris right under the Eiffel Tower. How sweet was that!" I added.

"Wow. That was really sweet." Logan said as he turned to see me, giving me a smile.

"Oh, Kaylee? Have you ever been to Munich before?" Kendall asked, making to furrowed my eyebrows.

"Nope. But Lucy said that it's a nice place. She has ever been there. Why?" I asked back to him and he just shrugged. Then he turned his attention to his phone again. With that, we stayed silent as we walked to the cashier. When I was about to queue, I heard someone calling my name from the back. I spun around and found Nick Jonas smiling at me. The first thing that came up to my mind was Nick Jonas is my producer. What if he talks about my music when Kendall is here right beside me?

"Hey. Nick." I greeted as he approached me and pulled me in a quick hug, "What bring you here anyway?"

"Just gotta buy something for my Mom." He answered and glanced at Kendall and Logan who were giving a weird look.

"Um, by the way, this is Kendall, my cousin, and Logan, my best friend." I introduced them and they shook hands.

"I'm Nick. Kaylee's friend-slash-producer," He said with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes at him and noticed that Kendall looked at me curiously, "Okay, I gotta go now. So, Kaylee, tomorrow at 11? Studio?" He said to me and I nodded my head.

"Yeah. See you tomorrow, Nick." I said and waved at him before he walked away. I let out a soft sigh as I started to queue. Kendall was still looking at me like I needed to explain something to him but I completely ignored it. So, meeting Nick here in the store was not good. First, he said that he's my producer. And second, now Kendall knows what he isn't supposed to know.

"So, Kaylee, are you gonna explain to me or what?" Kendall said as we walked to the parking lot. I stayed silent as I opened the trunk and put all of the groceries in it. I got into the driver seat and waited until Kendall and Logan get in to the car, "So?"

"Okay, okay. I'll explain." I started the car and pulled back from the driveway, "First, I wanna say sorry because I didn't tell you earlier about this. I was planning to tell you about this on your birthday. But Nick showed up and he blurted out. I think I was supposed to tell him to not tell you before your birthday. Gosh, I was really supposed to tell him that." I blurted out while driving.

"Did anyone know about this?" He asked again, sounding so annoyed.

"Yes." Logan and I answered on a same time. Kendall let out a sigh again, "It's Logan and Dad." I said to Kendall.

"And probably, James and Carlos." Logan added and I glanced at him from the rear view mirror for a split second. Did he really tell James and Carlos too? Gosh!

"This is great. Congratulations for both of you. You're so perfect for each other." Kendall said sarcastically, causing me to roll my eyes.

"I told you that I'm planning to tell you this on your birthday. It was supposed to be a surprise." I explained to him and let out a soft sigh.

"And now your Dad knows about this. Remember you told me that I'm going to know it first before your Dad." Kendall said again.

"I didn't told him, Kendall. He found my notebook lying open in my room and he just asked me about that this morning. You want me to lie to Dad? You know that I can never do that, Kendall." I defended and with that, he shut his mouth. Seriously, why am I arguing about this with Kendall??

"Hey, I'm sorry, okay?" I said to Kendall again. He let out a loud dramatically sigh before turning his head to see me. I glanced a few times at him but kept my eyes on the road.

"Okay. I know I wasn't supposed to mad at you, though. And I know that you're trying to make a surprise for me but it doesn't turn out well. Oh, wait a minute. The last time I check, every time you try to make a surprise for me, it always doesn't turn out well. And now it's happening again." He said, lighten up the atmosphere in the car.

"Oh yeah. Thanks for remembering me about that, Kendall. Why am I always failed when it comes to you? I mean, I've ever made a surprise for Dad and my friends before and it worked out really well. But it comes to you, it always doesn't turn out well. I don't get it." I said, mostly to myself, and Kendall laughed.

"Hey, I'm planning to watch movies with the guys at the theater tomorrow. You wanna come, Kay?" Kendall said, changing the topic.

"Yeah. It's been a while since the last time we saw a movie in the theater." Logan added and I chuckled.

"Hm, I guess so. But I can't promise you that I'll come. You heard Nick, right? Working with him always took a little while. But I'll try to come." I answered as we pulled at the Paramount Studios lot, "So, thanks for today. It's fun, by the way. Hope to see you guys tomorrow!" I said as I got out from my car to give the guys a hug.

"Yeah, yeah. Hope to see you again tomorrow, kiddo." Kendall said as he pulled me in a quick hug.

"Okay. See you later, Kaylee." Now it's Logan's turn. I hugged him for a while and pulled back. He smelled really good.

"Later, guys!" I waved and smiled at them as they walked away. I got into my car again and relaxed on my seat for a while. Never thought my heart was racing a little bit when I hugged Logan.