Status: Hiatus

Choose, Choose, Choose.

Eight

The bright light that came up from my laptop could almost blind my eyes. I pulled on my glasses and continued to write on my laptop again. I have been in the studio for almost 8 hours with Nick and both us had been working our butts off. Nick was being a genius as always. He helped me with the song every time I got stuck. Sometimes, I pulled out my phone just to check the time, hoping that I would come with the guys to the theater. But knowing that I have a lot of work to do, I won’t come with them.

“Wanna go out for a while to grab some lunch and coffee?” Nick asked, making to look up at him.

“Sure. I’m getting bored here.” I teased him, making him to roll his eyes. I turned off my laptop and put it on the couch. I grabbed my bag and walked out from the ‘beat lab’, that’s how Nick called studio, with Nick.

I stepped into his Mustang and we drove off. Nick didn’t mention where we were going but kept his eyes on the road. The car ride was silent and it’s a comfortable silence, actually. When we arrived at the In-N-Out burger, we saw a few paparazzi in the parking lot.

“What the hell are they doing here?” I muttered and sighed loudly.

“Just ignore them.” Nick said and we walked out from the car. The paparazzi noticed this and they started to take pictures and threw a lot of questions. Nick and I just smiled at them as we kept on walking to the restaurant. None of us answered the questions because both of us were starving and didn’t in the mood to ‘play’ with the paparazzi. We sat on the booth that near the window and ordered our food.

I pulled out my phone to check if I got a new text, and I was right. I got a new text from Logan.

From: Logan
You come with us tonight?


I let out a soft sigh and decided to just call him than replied his text. I opened the contacts and scrolled down the contacts to find Logan’s number. I dialed his number and put my phone on my ear.

“Hi, Kaylee.” He answered on the third ring. He sounded so happy and cheerful, causing me to smile widely.

“Hi, there, Logan,” I took a deep breath before continuing, “Hey, I can’t come with you guys tonight. Have a lot of work to do. Sorry.” I explained and I could hear that he was sighing.

“Oh, okay, then. It’s okay, though. Have fun at the studio, Lee.” He teased me with my new nickname that he got for me.

“I will and please stop calling me ‘Lee’, Logan.” I said to him, rolling my eyes even though I knew that he couldn’t see it.

“Okay, Lee. Hey! That’s a cute nickname, by the way.” He teased and laughed to the phone, “I’m kidding, Kay. So, see you later?” He said, sounding like a question.

“Yeah. Later, Logan.” I said and hung up the phone. I didn’t realize that Nick was looking at me curiously. I put my phone into my bag again and leaned on my seat, “Why are you looking at me like that?” I asked him, narrowing my eyebrows.

“It’s funny how you have that big smile on your face when you called Logan.” He said to me and shrugged shoulders.

“I wasn’t smiling at the phone!” I said to him and he just rolled his eyes.

“Oh, of course, you weren’t. You weren’t looking at yourself when you called him. While I sit here right in front of you and noticed that you had a really big smile when you called him.” He stated and I shook my head in disbelief.

“You just like observing people.” I said again.

“And you seem like you’re in love with him.” He muttered under his breath and I could hear that clearly.

“Seriously, Nick?!” I was getting annoyed of this.

“Okay, I’ll drop it.” He said and turned his attention at his phone. A few minutes later, the waiter came with our food and we started to eat. We ate in silence and sometimes I glanced around the room. We were done eating the food and Nick insisted to pay while I tried my best to make him not to do that. I meant, he helped me a lot on my music and now he even insisted to pay the lunch.

“Kaylee?” I turned my head as I heard someone calling my name. It’s a guy with blond hair and the most deep blue eyes ever. This guy is none other than Sterling Knight, Lucy’s friend. Yeah, I have met him a few times. He seemed like he glued to Lucy every time. But now, I saw Lucy nowhere in sight.

“Sterling.” I said with a smile and he smiled back to me, “What are you doing here?” I asked calmly to him and sometimes glanced at Nick who was giving me a weird look.

“I’m just stopping to get some lunch. You?” He asked back.

“Just done having lunch with Nick.” I said, pointing my finger to Nick. He gave Sterling a small smile before turning his head to his phone again.

“Kaylee, I have to answer this.” He said and stood up from his seat then walked away to answer his phone. So, I left with Sterling here.

“Oh, where’s Lucy? Isn’t she like glued to you or something?” I teased him and he laughed slightly.

“Nah. She just likes coming with me. I mean, she’s like a sister to me.” He said and I just nodded at him, “Oh, Kaylee? Do you have any plans for Friday?” He asked.

“I think, nope. Why?” I asked back and he scratched his back neck like he was nervous or something.

“Do you want to have lunch with me? I have a day off on Friday so I thought it’ll be better if I just go out or probably have lunch with you than sit all day in my house alone.” He stated.

“Okay. Sounds cool to me.” I replied him with a small smile.

“Okay, then. I’ll pick you up at 12 on Friday. See you, Kaylee.” He gave me a big smile before walking away. What was that? Did he just ask me to have lunch together?

“Hey. You done?” Nick asked as he appeared from nowhere.

“Yeah.” I stood up from my seat then walked out from the restaurant with Nick. We got back to his car and before starting the car, Nick turned to see me, “What again, Nick?”

“Lemme guess it. He just asked you to go on date, didn’t he?” He asked and I turned to see him, giving him the look.

“It’s just a lunch. Not a date, Nick.” I corrected.

“For you, it’s just a lunch. But for him, it’s a date.” He commented then started the engine. We pulled back from the parking lot and headed off the next destination, Starbucks.

“What about Logan? I bet he must be feeling unhappy if he knows about this.” He said again but I stayed silent, “Really, Kaylee. I could tell him that he will feel different and kind of uncomfortable if he knows about this. Am I right, Kaylee?”

“Why would I tell him, by the way?” I challenged.

“You wouldn’t tell him but I’m sure he’ll find it out by himself or you will accidentally tell him.” He said like it’s the most obvious thing. I just shook my head in disbelief and looked out at the street. Is he always acting this? Does he always say the thing that’s on his head every time? Why did his question sound like it’s a right thing? Oh wait. Why did I listen to him anyway? Logan will be just fine. I mean, why does this thing bother him anyway?