Free Falling

Get Your Head Out Of Your Ass

Travis Pastrana's POV

"Hey Trav," Jim yelled from the living room where everyone was sitting around watching a race. "Dylan's on tv." I hadn't heard from her since I came back to Maryland. I walked into the living room, and saw Dylan up on the big screen tv.

"I heard that you've been training with Travis Pastrana. What's that been like?" the announcer dude asked.

"It was amazing to work with Travis," Dylan said smiling. Man, her smile could light up the world, or at least my world. "I only had a couple weeks there because of a family emergency which leads me to an announcement I have."

"Do you know what it is?" Erik asked. I shook my head, my eyes still on the screen.

"I am going to be taking an indefinite break from competing. I need a break to figure things out. So hopefully soon you'll see me out on the track again; but until then I'll be on the sidelines."

"Travis, did you know about that?" Jo asked.

"No," I said shaking my head. "I know that she needed some time off, but to stop competing entirely wasn't something I would think she would do even if it wasn't for ever."

"Wow, I didn't see that coming," Tommy said.

"You and the rest of us," Andy said.

"Maybe she just needs to do something else for a while," Jo suggested.

Everybody said what they thought Dylan was doing and why she was doing it. I had no idea she was taking a break like that. She was like me. We lived for the rush. The feel of the engine beneath you. If I had gone through what she had, I'm not sure what I would do, but to stop competing, would be out of the question.

"Are you going to see her?" Jim said stopping me from going crazy from all the stuff that was going through my head.

"I want to, but I'm not sure if I should, man," I said rubbing my face. Everyone else had gone outside so it was just me and Jim. "After the funeral, we went back to her parents house and...and we kissed."

"Finally," he said smirking. "You guys are perfect for each other."

"Glad you think that, but after we kissed, I might have told her that it shouldn't have happened," I said looking at the floor.

"Dude, you really did that?" I nodded. "I cannot believe you sometimes."

"Yeah, well after that she told me to go back home so you tell me what that means," I said standing up.

"Probably he same thing you meant," he said smiling. "Do you really like her?" Of course he had to go and ask me that.

"I think I do, but I don't want to screw it up like I always do," I said pacing. "Dylan is awesome; I don't want to ruin my friendship with her just because I think I might like her."

"Then go be friends with her for Christ's sake, Travis," Jim said standing up also. "You know, when you and Dylan left, everybody made bets that you were going to come back as a couple. Everyone can tell that you like each other except for each other. So get your head out of your ass and at least try."

"You're right," I said realizing that I couldn't just ignore her now.

"Of course I am," he said grinning.

"So who betted against everyone else?" I asked.

"Andy," Jim said smiling.

"I was wondering why he was so happy when I got back," I said laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is like the quickest I've updated in while so with that I should at least deserve to get some comments from some of you