Please Be All Mine

Mikey

I was now looking at more of Gerard’s drawings, Gerard carefully watching my expressions as I saw each one. I heard the basement door open and light feet coming down the stairs. I turned around to see a tall, skinny guy with brown hair and glasses.

“Mom wanted me to tell you that her and dad are going out for a little bit, Gerard,” he said when he reached the bottom of the stairs. He saw me and stared at me with curiosity.

“Ok,” said Gerard. He gestured to me. “Mikey this is Ellie. Ellie this is Mikey.”

“Hi,” I said raising my hand in a sort of wave. Mikey smiled.

“Hey,” he said. He turned to Gerard. “This your girlfriend?”

Gerard looked at me, uncertain as to what to say. I shrugged my shoulders.

“I guess,” said Gerard, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. “I’m not quite sure.”

“Ok,” said Mikey. “Well, I’ll leave you to figure things out. Nice meeting you, Ellie.”

“Yeah,” I said. “Same here.”

Mikey headed upstairs and Gerard and I stayed silent until we heard the basement door open and close.

“So,” said Gerard, grinning at me. “Want to be my girlfriend?”

“Love to,” I said, grinning back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Someone, I can't remember who, left a comment that Mikey should walk in on them kissing. That didn't happen, but I put Mikey in this chapter ; ) I know it's short, but it's something. So, feedback?
~Sally