Please Be All Mine

Sick

During the rest of the week, I had to fight the urge to spy on Frank. We were all good friends now. Frank, Gerard, and I. But I still couldn’t help glancing at the bookshelf I used to hide behind. Gerard was helping me, telling me I didn’t need to spy. Whenever he saw me looking at the bookshelf, he’d take my hand and squeeze it reassuringly, causing me to look at him. He’d smile at me and I’d smile back and I’d return to whatever it was I was working on.

Unfortunately, the Monday after Gerard found me spying on Frank, I received a call from Gerard in the morning before I left for school.

“Hello,” I said, answering the phone.

“Ellie, it’s Gerard,” I heard Gerard say. His voice sounded scratchy.

“Hey Gerard,” I said. I heard Gerard cough. “Are you ok?”

“Yeah,” he said. “I’m just kind of sick. I just wanted to let you know I won’t be at the library after school.”

I didn’t say anything.

“Ellie?” asked Gerard.

“Yeah?” I replied.

“Promise me you won’t spy on Frank,” he said.

“I promise,” I said.

“Ok,” he said. “Bye.”

“Bye,” I said. I hung up the phone, hoping I could keep my promise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short update. I'm not sure how many more chapters this will have. It could end soon, or it could last a bit longer. I don't know. Also, I'm gonna post the first chapter to my new story in a few minutes. If you're interested, it's another Gerard Way one and it's going to be called "They Say True Love Would Never Leave" So check it out if you want! ; )
~Sally