Please Be All Mine

"Do you love me?"

When I had finally been able to pull myself halfway together, I got up off the floor of the library and quickly left. The moment my feet touched the sidewalk, I broke into a run. I ran straight past my house till I reached Gerard’s house. I ran to the front door and knocked frantically on it. I almost knocked Mikey over when he opened the door and I darted toward the door that led to the basement and Gerard’s bedroom. I opened the door and I saw Gerard standing at the bottom of the stairs. I could only assume he was going to see what was going on upstairs. I hadn’t been exactly quiet when I got here. Just seeing Gerard’s curious face, and knowing that he knew nothing about what I had just done in the library, caused me to start crying again. I started down the stairs quickly, almost falling, and ran into Gerard’s arms. I buried my face in his shoulder and continued to cry.

Gerard started rubbing my back and that caused me to cry harder. I was stupid for letting Frank kiss me. I didn’t deserve Gerard. I pushed myself away from Gerard, still crying. I tried drying my face, but it was pointless because of the continuous stream of tears leaking from my eyes. I turned away from Gerard, my back facing him.

“What’s wrong, Ellie?” asked Gerard. I felt his hand touch my back and I quickly stepped away.

“I’m sorry, Gerard,” I said through my tears.

“For what?” he asked, sounding worried.

“You don’t deserve me,” I said.

“What do you mean?” Gerard asked.

“I’m the worst,” I said. “I…Frank kissed me…and I let him.”

“What?” asked Gerard.

“I’m so sorry,” I cried. I felt Gerard’s arms around me but I kept my back to him.

“Shh,” said Gerard. “It’s ok.”

“No!” I yelled pushing away from Gerard. “It’s not!”

“Yes, it is,” said Gerard, trying to hug me again.

“How can you say that?” I asked. I didn’t deserve to be forgiven so quickly. “I kissed someone else.”

“I know,” said Gerard. “But that doesn’t change the fact that I still love you.”

“You love me?” I asked.

“Yes,” said Gerard. I stared at him. I started crying more again. Knowing he loved me just made what I did seem a lot worse.

“I don’t deserve you,” I said.

“You really believe that?” asked Gerard. I nodded my head. “Can I ask you something?”

I nodded my head again.

“Do you love me?” he asked, quietly. I looked into his eyes. I saw so many emotions in them. Love the most noticeable of these emotions.

“I…Yes,” I whispered. “I love you, Gerard.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about not updating at all yesterday :P To make up for it, I have 2 updates for this story and my new story. The next chapter of this one will be the last one. I'll post it later. In the meantime, if you haven't checked out my new story "They Say True Love Would Never Leave..." you should check that out, and/or you can check out the new one-shot I just posted.
~Sally