Please Be All Mine

Nothing Better To Do

I left the library quickly after checking my book out. I headed in the direction of my house, hoping to forget about Gerard accusing me like that for a little while.

“Ellie!” I heard someone yell my name. I stopped and turned around to see who it was. It was Gerard. I waited him to get to me.

“What?” I said.

“I just wanted to apologize for accusing you of spying on me again,” he said.

“Whatever,” I said. “I guess I can’t blame you since you just caught me spying on you yesterday.”

Gerard just smiled at me.

“Why were you spying on me?” Gerard asked a second later. I felt my mouth open in surprise. I hadn’t expected this. I should have, but I didn’t. What could I tell him?

“No reason,” I said. Just that you fascinate me. I’m not going to tell him the real reason. “Just had nothing better to do.”

Gerard smirked.

“Sure,” he said. “You’re a very interesting girl, you know that?”

“What do you mean by that?” I asked.

“Well,” he started. “You spy on me and then you say it’s only because you have nothing better to do. I know you want me.”

“What?” I asked. I could feel the blood start to rise back into my face. “I do not. Don’t be so full of yourself.”

“Fine,” he said, smiling. “If you don’t want to tell me why you spy on me, I’ll just have to find out on my own.”

And with a final smile, Gerard turned and headed back to the library. I watched him go, even more attracted to him than I had previously been. I wish he hadn’t caught me spying on him because right now, more than ever, I wanted to go behind the familiar bookshelf in the library right now. As soon as Gerard was out of my sight, I turned back in the direction of my house and headed home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's an update for you ; ) There won't be any updates tomorrow. I'm getting my haircut and then I'm going to a friends house, so I won't be home. But I'll try and update on Sunday. Thanks again for all the comments!! Feedback?
~Sally