Please Be All Mine

"What are you doing?"

Gerard was bent over something on the table. I couldn’t see what he was doing because his hair was blocking my view. I tapped my pen on the table out of boredom. I could be doing homework, but I didn’t feel like it. I just stared at Gerard. Gerard looked up at me.

“Can you stop that?” he said, glancing at my pen. I stopped tapping it on the table.

“Sorry,” I said. I mentally slapped myself. I should have continued doing it just to annoy him. He deserved it. After all, he was blackmailing me. He bent back over what he was doing. I had looked quickly before he had and saw a piece of paper. He must be writing something. I don’t know. He could be doing anything.

“What are you doing?” I asked. He looked up at me, blushing. His arms went to carefully cover the paper so I couldn’t see.

“Nothing,” he said.

“Come on,” I said. “The least you could do for making me stay here is show me what you’re doing. Or at least tell me.”

“No,” he said. “Don’t worry about.”

He started to uncover it and bring his head back down but I quickly snatched the paper from him.

“Hey!” he said, loudly.

“Mr. Way,” said the librarian from her desk. “Please be quiet.”

“Sorry,” he said. He turned back to me and whispered, “Give it back.”

“No,” I whispered back. I looked down at the paper in my hands and gasped. He hadn’t been writing; he’d been drawing, and looking up at me from the paper was…me? I looked at Gerard. He had been drawing a picture of me this whole time. Gerard wasn’t looking at me, but at the paper in my hands. And he was blushing. I returned the paper to him. Gerard took it off the table and stuck it in his sketching notebook. Then he got up and left, leaving me in awe at the library table. Why had he been drawing me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Short update for you ; ) Feedback?
~Sally