Sequel: August Is Over
Status: Active. Comments = Updates

Secret Valentine

Jack's New Best Friend

"Thanks, Jack." I replied as I took Lexi from his arms.

"No problem. I still don't understand why Alex had me bring her instead of himself."

I sighed.

"I do."

"You do?" Jack suddenly go serious. That was way out of character for him.

"Um...yeah." I nodded. I took Lexi to the living room, and turned on the tv for her.

"Care to explain?"

"It's a long story."

"I've got time." He shrugged.

It was then that I actually opened up to someone other than Alexander William Gaskarth.

I don't know why, but it was so easy to tell the entire story to him. I started at the beginning of Feburary during my 8th grade year, and ended up until last night. To my surprise, Jack waited until the very ending of my story. I expected him to start jabbering my head off, but he didn't. Jack pulled me in for a bear hug. I was shocked, but I hugged the lanky boy back.

"Al, I'm so sorry he put you through that." Jack started to wipe away my free-flowing tears.

"I put him through so much these past few weeks too. And I-I can't stop hurting. I love him, Jack. I love Alex with all of my heart."

"I can tell you do." He smiled.

"Really?"

Jack laughed.

"You wouldn't be crying if you didn't, Al."

I laughed with him.

"I suppose you're right."

"Alright. Tomorrow, I'm taking you and Lexi out for ice-cream."

I blinked.

"Why would you do that?"

"Cause you're my friend. And it would eat at Alex." He replied giving me a suggestive look.

I started to actually crack up laughing.

"Oh my gosh, Jack!" I gasped for air. "Okay, just as long as you don't fall in love with me, I'm down."

Jack rolled his eyes.

"Did anyone ever tell you how much you act like Alex?"

I groaned loudly.

"Jack...."

"Sorry." He laughed. "But I don't think about you that way. I actually have a girl in my mind, but she's sort of taken."

"By who?"

"My friend." He mumbled.

"Which friend?"

"I don't wanna talk about it." Jack whined like a 5-year old.

"Tell me now, Barakat before I cause your little kitty some damage."

"Hurtful!" Jack stated, coving up his manhood. Then almost quietly, he finally spoke up. "It's Mandy."

"What?!" I gasped. "Zack would beat your ass!"

He sighed.

"He couldn't. Bros before Hoes."

I laughed.

"I'm sorry, Jackie."

"It's fine." He sighed heavily. "I'm going to go. It's getting late, and Alex is already going to chew me out."

I smiled, and hugged my friend before he left the house. I walked back to the living room. Lexi was half asleep so I picked her up, and carried her to my bed. She was already in her pajama's. I laid down my 3-year old, and slowly fell asleep.

I was awaken only a mere four hours later. It was mid-night, and the house was so dark. I really hated not being able to sleep. I found myself thinking about Alex. He had been nothing but nice to me, and I screwed up. I felt slight movement beside me, and she smiled.

"Mommy, are you okay?"

"Yeah, baby." I nodded.

My voice, however, cracked.

"No you're not." The 3-year old stated "Why are you crying?"

I was crying?

My hand flew up to my wet cheeks.

I didn't realize that Alex had made me cry. I then refused to ever cry over Alexander William Gaskarth again.

Ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe :)

Two comments please :)

- Rae <3