Sequel: August Is Over
Status: Active. Comments = Updates

Secret Valentine

The Story

"Once Apon A Time..." I started, earning a few giggles from Liz and Mandy. Alex gave me a sarcastic look that I ignored. "I was the new girl in 7th grade. I moved from Texas, and into Jack and Alex’s middle school right after Christmas break. People talked to me, but after that talent show at the beginning of 8th grade, Candy made my life Hell." I started explaining.

"Of course, I did nothing to help," He kept the flow going. "Then we got stuck as lab partners. I didn’t know what to expect, honestly. When I got know her a little bit better, I was convinced I found the one."

I laughed lightly.

"We spent everyday together. Alex’s rep went down the toilet for hanging out with me openly. So, being 14 and clever, we kept our friendship a secret. Soon our friendship evolved into more. Alex became my secret boyfriend."

"Then her secret lover." Alex interjected. "We were stupid, but oh well. The after lovers came Lexi, then came this...weird secret family thing going on, and basically have been on and off for the past three years."

I nodded in agreement. They just stared at us.

"What are you guys? On or off?" Jack asked.

"Off." I replied.

"On." Alex stated at the same time I did.

"What?!" We looked at one another in shock.

"I thought that we were together?"

"Not since like two years ago." I pointed out.

"You sure?" He asked me. "Cause I’m pretty sure that we made out last week."

I shot him a death stare.

"We aren’t, okay?"

"I was almost positive that we are a couple."

I rolled my eyes.

"Alex, you are such a liar." I stated. "We haven’t been together in a really long time."

He gave me a confused look. Asking as why I would lie about kissing him last week.

"Then why did we break up, because I clearly do not remember." Alex looked dryly at me. He was putting up that stupid wall again.

I hated that fucking wall.

"You slept with Candy." I simply shrugged. "You just can’t keep it in your pants, can you Gaskarth?"

"When are you gonna let that one go?" He groaned.

"Oh so now you remember?" I replied in a very sarcastic tone.

"Hmmm, let me that about that one." He rolled his eyes.

I saw Lexi hide deeper into his chest the louder our voices got.

"Hey, Lexi, how about we eat cake now?"

That was my desperate attempt at changing the subject so that Lexi wouldn’t cry again.

"No." She said sternly. "No more yelling."

I looked at Alex, and I pleaded with my eyes.

"You do know how impossible it is to say no to you, right?"

I smiled, slightly happy that I above anyone else that had the ability to bend Alex whenever I wanted to.

"Who is ready for cake?"

 

Two hours later, I had put Lexi to bed. Everyone still remained, which slightly shocked me. No one mentioned Aly and I fighting earlier. Jack seemed to think it was funny how Alex listened to me. We were sitting around the campfire again, and it was dark out.

"Aren’t you worried that Lexi will get into something?" Zack asked.

"She sleeps like a rock." Alex and I replied at the same time.

Jack laughed at us.

"At least she doesn’t have my sleeping disorder." I laughed.

"Amen to that." Alex agreed. "It would be Hell."

I rolled my eyes.

"So what if she did? I’m up anyway."

"It would kill me during the weekends."

Mandy laughed.

"Alex, you lazy ass."

"So?" He shrugged. "Besides, I take care of my little girl."

"I believe Alyson over here would beat the hell out of you if you didn’t take good care of her." Liz laughed.

"Yeah, Alex." Jack interjected. "How come you only listen to Alyson?"

"Because she scares me." Alex looked at me, and he winked, causing me to shake my head. I ended up smirking at him.

"Damn straight, and don’t you forget it."

What was I getting myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe... Alex is scared of Aly! Right on!
Comment, pretty please? :D

- Rae <3