Status: completed;

Keep Running

Mystery Man

I woke up to the smell of eggs, bacon, toast, and orange juice. Ray was in the kitchen because his fro could be seen from what’s left of Africa right now. Gerard was sitting at the counter with a plate of fried eggs, bacon, and strawberries. He looked sad, like he wanted me to be eating breakfast with him.

“Gerard?” I whispered.

Gerard looked back at me and smiled. His shirt was off and he was wearing black sleep pants with skulls and crossbones on them. He got off of his stool and slid into the booth next to me. My fingers traced his pale stomach to the point where my love had to move my hand away from his tummy.

“Baby, if I get a junior this early in the morning, I’m beating your ass with a box of tampons.” I laughed and reached up to kiss underneath his chin.

“Tell me more about Gabrielle.” Gerard was silent but I guess he figured out that I wouldn’t take no for an answer.

“She had blonde hair, icy blue eyes, and skin as pale as mine. She always said we’d make beautiful children because they would look just like us. Even though she was sexy,” I rolled my eyes and he put his arm across my shoulder, “She told me that my drinking would get better if I drank more. I couldn’t walk at all one day. What did Gabrielle tell me to take? More beer. If I threw up? More beer. If I started fading in and out of reality? A glass of red wine. I was drunk every day and Mikey couldn’t stand looking at her at all. Then, she disappeared. I was slightly disappointed but I knew she was all wrong for me.” He took a deep breath and looked down at me, “Was that enough?”

“No. Did you have sex with her?”

“Yes.”

“Did you like it?”

“Eh, it was okay.”

“How did you meet her?”

“Through Better Living, I rescued her from a cell. She called me her Prince Charming.” He chuckled and I nodded.

“You know what you are to me?”

“What?”

“My Romeo. This is a forbidden love; I swore to never love or trust a Killjoy. Now, here we are, young and in love.”

Gerard smiled and kissed my forehead, ruffling my still tangled hair.

“I love you Juliet. Now come on, let’s get this shit out.” He led me to the girls’ bathroom and started running the water. “Hand soap is our only option.” Gerard pumped the vanilla hand soap into my hair and began lathering it into my scalp. He rinsed it and repeated that about 5 times before finally letting me up.

I looked at my hair and sighed in relief. Mikey’s gonna get it later. My hair sure did look a lot better, clean and back to dark brown. Gerard wrapped my hair in a red towel and I laughed.

“What?” he raised his eyebrows a bit.

“Its almost like I have your hair color,” I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror, “Party Poison loves him some Thunder Basher.” Gerard looked at me in amazement.

“You sounded just like me.”

“No way.” he nodded.

“No what?”

“I said no way.”

“Yeah…no what?”

“Is that your last name?” Gerard chuckled but nodded. Hm, Way…now I get why that sounded so weird to him. Only he would think of it that way, though. There I go again! I am on fire!

We walked back into the room with everyone and the only person still sleeping as the lovely Frank. Hm, I can only imagine how to wake this fucker.

I got some ice cubes into a glass and looked at him as he turned to the left, closer to me. Without any notice, I poured the ice cubes down his back and that bastard sure did wake up.

“Fuck! Travis!” he sat up and started moving his back to get the ice out. God, why hadn’t I thought of that earlier. Once the ice was out of his black and yellow striped shirt, Frank flipped me off.

“Well goddamn, I wake you up and this is how you repay me?” Frank grumbled something and slid out of the booth and next to Mary.

Musetta jumped up from her slumber and grabbed my shoulders, looking me in the eyes.

“Don’t let him in.”

I turned and looked at the glass door, no one was there.

“Who?”

A knock came and one of the finest, literally, sexy as HELL guys was standing at the door. Muse shook her head and I nodded, staying seated. It was really hard just looking at this beautiful mystery man outside the door in the blistering heat but Musetta’s the sightseer and I’m not about to mess with fate or anything like that. He gave another gentle knock before finally sighing, then kicking the door open. There goes our security at night. Gerard must’ve noticed how Mary and I were swooning over the man because he started glaring at him before pulling out his ray gun.

“Who are you?”

“Chill, man. I’m Professor Neon, I’ve been roaming this zone for a while and I’m absolutely exhausted.” he extended his hand and I was the first to grab it, shaking it lightly.

“Thunder Basher.”

“And I’m Songbird.” Mary interrupted, grabbing his hand and fluttering her eyelashes. I’m not sure if this was what she was going for but she looked like she was at ease with Neon. Big time. Sorry Frank, next time, get cuter. Neon winked at her and dropped her hand.
I could have this guy around for a while.

“I’ve been out in this heat, could someone please get me a towel?”

“On it!” Mary and I both yelled as we ran to a towel from the kitchen.

Kosmic Karma’s POV

I love how I told her not to go be around him. Okay, I said don’t open the door but he came inside so I guess she thought she could get away with this. He isn’t right, I can’t read his mind either. Gerard and Neon must have some weird connection going on if I can’t read either of them. Weird, right?

Travis and Songbird came back with a towel and a bowl of cool water. Travis held the bowl while Songbird dipped the towel in the water, wrung it out, and dabbed his forehead. Oh please this bastard isn’t even sweating, how are they buying this?

I crossed my arms and Gerard shook his head, looking at me with angry eyes.

“Do you see this bullshit?” he asked, using his thumb to point to Songbird and Travis.

“I see it, but I’m surprised that they’re falling for it.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well shit Gerard, I could see he was faking and I can’t even get a read on this guy.” I rolled my eyes and Gerard sighed.

“I don’t like this motherfucker. He’s takin’ my girl from me and I don’t like that, Karma, I don’t like that one fucking bit.” he whispered angrily, trying not to be heard over the giggles of Travis and Songbird as they continued patting his head, arms, and other parts of his body.

Travis switched spots with Songbird and I noticed he slipped an arm around her waist to pull her closer. Shit just got too real.

“What the f-” I covered Gerard’s mouth and shook my head.

“Hush, he’ll get suspicious and probably try to take you out to get to her or something.”

“If only you knew what I was thinking.” he growled under his breath.

“I wish…” We both crossed our arms and gave each other a discreet low five when we left to go to the bathroom.

Songbird sat in the booth with Frank but he scoffed and got up, walking outside to smoke a cigarette. She looked at him, looked at me, then raised her eyebrow.

“He’s just a little pissed off, Songbird, let him cool down.” I tossed my hair back and stood up, only to be pushed back down by Party Poison.

“I got this.” With that, he stood up and left to join Frank outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
took long but I love this chapter!