Seventy Times Seven

Chapter 8

"Whats up Frankie?" Mikey asked me as I sat in living room next to him, eating some pizza. Chelsea was in the bathroom, determined not to eat her pizza. I really didn't care if she did or not, but it was frustrating the hell out of Gerard. At the moment he was staring at the tv intently. Ray had said something about having to finish something for class and left early. So now Mikey was questioning.

"Nothin."

"Awww come on I know thats not true. You were all quiet today and now you're better. What did I miss?" he pressed. Normally I would say anything to Mikey. But I wasnt sure of anything, actually, myself. Besides, if I did say anything, itd be about Chelsea, and she should be coming back anytime now.

"Meh. I was having a low day. My friends made me feel better. No biggy."

Chelsea came out and curled up on the couch, tucking her feet beneath her and took a swig of her coke. I smiled as Gerard watched her intently. Waiting on her to eat some of her pizza. After a second he kinda glared.

"Chelsea..."

"Yea?" she asked glancing over at him.

"Eat..the pizza.."

She started laughing, "I don't want any of the fucking pizza Gerard!"

"I'll rub it all up in your face," he said with an evil smile.

She glared. "Ok, now Gerard, seriously. Here, I'll eat a couple bites. But I really never eat much for lunch. I always eat dinner, like everyday, or I'll starve. I'm thin, but I'm not stupid."

He examined her questioningly. "Three bites."

"Deal." She grabbed the pizza and munched on it aimlessly.

I shook my head and went back to the kitchen to put the dishes in the dishwasher that were now scattered across the counter. Mindlessly I picked up the kitchen so that it was adequate and mom didnt bitch when she got home. I was quickly distracted though.

"You're being cool," a female voice said from behind me. She poked me in the ribs and I jumped with a giggle.

She started laughing histerically. "Oh my god you just giggled!!"

I smiled, because I did indeed have a funny giggle, but that last thing I needed was the guys giving me hell the rest of the day for it. "Shh stop it Chelsea stop!" I urged, grabbing her shoulders gently.

As soon as I did this and her eyes got wide and she jumped. "Fuck sorry," I said quickly letting go.

God I really fucked this up didnt I...

"No..its ok," she said with a forced smile, trying to lighten the mood. "It's ok..just..vertigo? Is that the word? I dont know. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks."

"For what?"

"Being cool. I think I like you better when we're not insulting eachother. It's fun," she said with a triumphant smile. "I haven't had this much fun in a long time. And its only lunch."

I attempted to smile. "Yea.." I was really happy that she was happy. But the only reason she wasnt happy before was because of me...

"Whats wrong?" she questioned. Poking me lightly in the stomach. Hard enough to make me flinch, but soft enough that I didn't giggle again.

I didn't say anything. I leaned back on the counter with my elbows.

"Tell me," she pressed, taking a step closer. She was so short it was kinda funny, and her grey eyes were strong with concern. Her black and brown hair came smoothly down her face, just below her chin

I sighed. I had to say something. "Chelsea, I really fucked up your life before... And, I was really stupid. I'm really..really sorry. And..I hope we can be friends cause.. Now that I'm not centering my life around how much I thought I hated you, I've come to realize that you're actually pretty cool.. And..everytime I see you laugh or smile or do something cool or funny and I laugh or smile or something, I feel like shit. Because I know that before you would've been this happy if it hadnt been for me..and.. I just really hope you can forgive me.."

It ended in a mumble, with me looking down.

She smiled sheepishly, "Don't beat yourself up about it."

"So you forgive me?"

"Nope."

My heart skipped a second. And I looked at her, totally unable to read her face. "Er..sorry?"

"I said 'don't beat yourself up'. Not that I forgive you."

I looked at her. Surprisingly, I wasnt mad. "So, what can I do?"

"Well," she said stepping back, jabbing her hands into her back pockets. "I don't know. You can figure it out. So far all you've done is given me words though. Now, they were very sweet, and very thoughtful, and I'm very glad that you dont hate me and I would love to be your friend," she said heading back to the living room. "But come on..I'm sure you could think of something that will make you worthy of my forgiveness.."

I was once again left in the kitchen by myself. I kinda smirked. Should've known. Simple apologies are never good enough for her. But this time, I think I'll try stick to making her happy to win her...friendship.

I don't love her.

...Right?

Dude ok, you just punched her in the face a week ago. Hell no you don't love her!

Yea but you feel like shit for it. And you love it when she smiles...you were just thinking of that today.

So you feel bad for beating her up. Thats human, and yea so what if shes got nice teeth. Loads of people do.

"Fuck me. I'll just talk to Mikey later," I said to myself, throwing the last of the dishes into the dishwasher.

"Twelve forty-five, lets bail!" Gerard said from the living room. Lunch hour was over at twelve fifty-five, so this was standard time to leave. He came in and grabbed his car keys as Chelsea and Mikey came out of the living room.

She was laughing, "Yea I know. I'm totally uncoordinated, but it was either that or Ag. And I am NOT a farm person."

"Yea same here. Its cool though, I'm not to terrible at that kinda thing. Are you in gym next semester too Frankie?"

I thought for a second. "Oh shit I forgot about that. Yea I think so." Everybody had one hour of the day that was a semester class. There was Agriculture, Art, Gym, and Home Economics, and you had to choose two your Freshman and Junior year. It was suppose to work out so you took them all by the time you graduated, but you had the option of taking the same class twice (which normally happened, nobody likes all four of those).

Gerard just laughed as we walked out to the car. "You guys are gay. I so got around that."

"What?! How?" Mikey asked in shock, jumping into the passenger seat. Me and Chelsea squished into the back again. Since Ray wasnt there, and the terms between me and her were better, it wasnt near as awkward.

"I got Mrs. Meyer to get me to be her aide, and took Art for my other semester," he replied (Mrs. Meyers the school art teacher).

"Dude, how did you get to be an aide?! Only Seniors can do that!" Chelsea said in jealousy. Being an aide was awesome. You're favourite teacher picked you to be their aide and you just did errands for them. More times than not though you never did anything and it was just a free period. Except like, run copys and stuff.

"Because I have mad skills," Gerard said with a smile.

"You probably slept with her.." I shot back. Chelsea and Mikey almost died laughing. We all knew Art was Gerards favourite class though, and he did pretty much own at it.

"Haha, yea she wishes." We were a block away from the school, waiting in a line of cars that were also returning back from school.

We sat there in silence. Gerard turned the music up a little bit while we waited. Chelsea had been watching out the window, but then she looked over at me. She looked really serious, like she was thinking. It kinda scared me.

Out of lack of ideas, I gave her a small smile. She softened, and smiled back, then laid her head on my shoulder. It kind of caught me off guard, but I wasnt about to make her move really.

She smirked.

"What?" I asked, hoping that didnt make her get up.

"Nothing," she said messing with her nail. "I just thought of something. It was funny."

"What was it?" I asked again. Mikey was just watching out the window, as Gerard cursed at some people that were holding up the line.

She got up..dangit. "You reeeally wanna know?"

I kinda smiled. I was just curious. Not like there was anything else to talk about. "Yea."

"You reeally reeealllly wanna know?" she asked with a more serious face.

I kinda gave her a sideways glance, "I think so..."

She looked at me for a second, then just laid her head back down on my shoulder in response. I sighed, deciding to give up and just let her lay there.

But then her little hand shot up under my shirt!

And not only that, but it was fucking cold!!

"Holy fuck!" I yelled shoving her away and pulling my shirt down. She was laughing really hard and leaning against the window.

"My hands are really fucking cold!" she said through the laughing.

I couldn't help but smile, "No fucking way!"

Gerard was laughing and pulling into a parking spot, finally. "Thats early December for ya baby."

He killed the engine and she started to get out. "God you freak!" I said, shoving her playfully. She just laughed somemore as we got our bags and headed inside.

Chelseas POV

Wanna know something really funny? I held my hand against the window on purpose so it would freeze. I just wanted an excuse to touch him, hehe.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow i just realized i spent two chapters on their one lunch period. hope thats not a bad thing =/

comments please i love you! lol