Lips of a Liar

They Know

Zacky wiped the tears furiously, not wanting to cry about the whole thing. He didn't want to cry nor think about it. Just kind off forget about the whole day, go to sleep and wait for the next day.

Image


As he woke up, Zacky looked for his clock. He saw it was eight in the morning and panicked noticing he was late for school, though soon stopped right in his tracks when he remembered being suspended from school. He fell back on his bed and looked up his ceiling fan, watching it spin. He realized he was hungry, so he walked down the stairs and into the kitchen where his mom was making breakfast. He was surprised to find Matt and Jimmy sitting on the table. Zacky walked to the table and sat down.

"Morning mom," he told his mother. "Morning strangers."

"Funny," Jimmy said. "Morning."

"Morning," Matt said.

"What are you guys doing here?" Zacky asked them as he received his breakfast.

"I felt like it," Matt responded digging into his breakfast.

"I live in my car," Jimmy replied.

Zacky nodded and started eating, finishing all of it.

"Where's Brian?" Matt asked. "Isn't he supposed to be here."

"No, why would he?" Zacky asked.

"You two are supposed to hang out everyday."

"So that means he has to come live at my house from now on?" Zacky looked at Matt.

"I don't see the problem with that," Matt said.

"He has his own house, he can come when he feels like it," Zacky replied in a bitter voice. He didn't want to talk about Brian at the moment. In fact, he was so mad at him, he didn't even want to think about him. He wasn't sure if he was really mad or not, but at the moment he simply didn't care at all.

"What climbed up your ass and took refuge in there?" Jimmy asked Zacky,

"Jimmy language," Zacky's mom warned Jimmy.

"Sorry Mrs. Baker," Jimmy replied feeling small at the moment.

"Nothing did and I don't want to talk about him now," Zacky's voice was filled with rage.

"Alright then, but we're talking about this later," Matt said.

"Okay boss," Zacky mocked.

The three boys sat in silence waiting for seconds, and they ate until nothing was left for Zacky's mom. The three decided to make her food, as an apology for eating everything and not leaving the poor woman without anything to eat. As the finished, they prepared her the food and left to Zacky's room.

Matt shut the door and sat down on Zacky's bed, throwing a pillow at Zacky. Jimmy laid down on his bed and let his head dangled on the edge. Zacky sat on his desk chair and played with his septum piercing.

"So are you mad at Brian or something?" Matt asked.

Jimmy looked at Zacky waiting for his answer.

"Umm.... sorta..." Zacky replied.

"Why?" Jimmy asked.

"'Cause," Zacky replied biting his pierced lips.

"There has to be a reason, you can't just be mad at someone without a reason," Matt said.

"Well you guys would probably laugh," Zacky said staring at his dirty shoes.

Matt and Jimmy shook there heads and mumbled a no. Zacky sighed, he knew they would, but he still told them.

"He made me ask Esmeralda out for him," Zacky said. And both Matt and Jimmy laughed. "See told you!"

"sorry but seriously?" Jimmy said.

"Yeah, you can't be mad at him for that.....Unless," Matt looked at Zacky, soon Jimmy did the same.

"No fucking way," Jimmy stood up and looked back at Matt and then Zacky. "You like Brian?!"

Zacky couldn't look at them, afraid of what they would tell him.

There was some silence before both Matt and Jimmy started singing the K-I-S-S-I-N-G song and danced around Zack's room. Zacky rolled his eyes at them and crossed his arms over his chest. He sighed and looked at his best friends who started making kissy faces at him.

"Alright, get the fuck out of my house," Zacky said.

"We're just playing Zacky, we won't tell, but seriously I think it's kind off cute little Zacky has a crush," Jimmy said messing with Zacky's hair. Matt nodded and patted Zacky on the back.

"We won't tell kid, but I say Johnny has the right to know," Matt said. Jimmy nodded and pulled out his phone, texting Johnny about it.

Zacky sighed and sat down on his bed, head on his hands.

"Fuck you guys," Zacky said.