Status: Completed at a 4-star rank!

All Those Things I Still Remember

Save Me From Myself

I grabbed my phone and dialed his number. The line rang and rang until, finally, someone answered. There was a short shuffling.

“Hello?” A voice answered.

“Mikey, we need to talk…”I said quietly. He coughed.

“Okay, can this be done over the phone?” He asked.

“It can, but I really rather it be in person, ”I said honestly.

“Alright, I’ll come over, then, ”he sighed.

“Okay, see you then.” I closed the phone and turned towards Jimmy. “You are staying with me tonight, okay?” He nodded.

“Okay, but why?”

“You’re just going to save me from myself, okay?” He smiled faintly and nodded. We just waited for Mikey to come over, which wasn’t very long. He knocked on the door and I opened it. I invited him inside.

“So, what do we need to talk about?” He asked.

“Us, ”I said simply. “I love you, Mikey. I do, but I don’t think that we are meant to be together. I honestly and truly don’t. I am thankful for all that you have done for me. But, all of these fights are just going to add up and something bad will happen and we won’t have anything.” He looked at me for a minute.

“I knew you were gonna say that, ”he said quietly. I kept expecting him to get angry, but instead, he just smiled at me. “This is a relief actually. I mean, how Gerard and Lindsey have stayed married will amaze me for years to come, but I just… I don’t know. I think I’ve known for a while that the love that was there to start has turned into a different love. It’s not the same.”

“I know exactly what you mean.”

“So, I’m actually kind of glad that we talked about this. I have been thinking about this for a while. I mean, honestly, I know that you love Jimmy. It’d take a blind man not to know. He loves you too. I think you know that. You guys are meant for each other, and I’m sorry that I’ve been such an asshole. I just hated the idea of losing someone I loved to another man, but now, I realize that, since I do love you, I need to let you go.” I walked over to him and put my arms around him.

“This was a little easier than anticipated, ”I laughed quietly. He nodded. “I really do love you, and I hope that you find the girl who’s right for you.”

“I’d say the same, but I think you already have to man that’s right for you, ”he said as he looked to Jimmy. I nodded, pulling away from him. “I think we need to tell Melody.” I nodded again.

“That’s going to be the hardest part.”

“Not exactly. She knows, I think. Not everything, but I think she knew this would happen, ”he said quietly. I nodded slowly. “Well, I’m going to go pick her up from Bill’s. Do you need anything while I’m out?” I just shook my head and he nodded. I watched as he left through the front door, closing it behind him. I turned to look at Jimmy.

“That was unexpected, ”he said disbelievingly. I nodded as I walked over to him, putting my arms around him. “Do you really love me like that?” I nodded again.

“I do. And, I already know that you love me…”I said slowly. He smiled and nodded.

“That I do, ”he grinned. There was a silence and he cleared his throat. “Um, so… Shay, would you like to… I don’t know… Be my official girlfriend?” I grinned at him.

“I thought you would never ask.” He smiled and leaned down to kiss me. As our lips connected, I smiled. It was a feeling that I had been waiting for and one that was so very missed.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, comments are kind of lacking... :-/
That makes me sad...
This story is not yet over, believe me.
But comments really would help me update sooner?

XO
Jaz