Status: Completed at a 4-star rank!

All Those Things I Still Remember

A Whole New World

I watched as Mikey explained the situation to Mel the best he could. She watched with an intent gaze. After he was done, she just nodded. There was a short silence and she smiled faintly.

“Daddy, I know. It’s okay. You two don’t love each other like that! It happens all the time. Honestly, I really think that Mommy and Jimmy are really cute together, ”she whispered loudly. Jimmy squeezed my hand and I smiled at him.

“Well, I’m glad you understand, ”he said as he hugged her tightly. I felt my heart wrench as a tear appeared in his eye. As he pulled away from her, she looked to Jimmy and me.

“Jimmy, you make Mommy happy. Don’t leave us, ”she said seriously to him. I smiled involuntarily at her comment. He bent down so that he was eye-to-eye with her.

“I’m never going to leave you guys. I love you too much, ”he mirrored her tone. I smiled and watched as she nodded at him. She looked to Mikey and back at me.

“What now?” She asked. I sighed and shook my head.

“I don’t even know, sugar, ”I sighed. We stood in silence for a few minutes. “Mel, why don’t you go on and play for a little bit? I need to talk to Daddy.” She nodded and walked off towards her room. I looked to Mikey and he had tears brimming in his eyes.

“So, what now?” He asked quietly. I just shook my head again.

“I don’t know. I mean, I guess we should get the papers and everything.” This seemed to push him over the edge. A tear fell from his eye and he nodded. “Aw, Mikes… Don’t cry, please…”He just shook his head.

“I don’t know. I just, I really didn’t think it’d end like this…”He muttered. I nodded in agreement. “And, it’s not that I can’t find someone else… Because I met this amazing girl a couple of weeks ago… I really just never thought we’d really ever end.”

“I know… But, you met a girl? Tell me about her.”

“Her name’s Alicia… We’ve gone out a couple times… I really like her, but she’s out of my league…”He sniffed. I rolled my eyes.

“If she’s gone out with you, you have her signed, sealed, and delivered, hun. You are an amazing man, and I mean that. Sometimes, things just don’t work out like they should. And I guess we were one of those things, ”I said quietly. He nodded and I walked over to him, wrapping my arms around him.

“I’m glad that you are in my life though. Not many can say that they got to know an angel, but I did, ”he smiled softly at me. I smiled and poked him lightly. “I gotta get going. We’ll worry with this on Monday, okay?” I nodded and he hugged me once more before heading out the door. I turned to Jimmy who just smiled patiently.

“She took that well…”He said slowly. I nodded and walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist. He rested his chin on top of my head and sighed.

“This is the end, ”I said softly. He just shook his head.

“No, it’s not the end. It’s the beginning of a whole new world, princess.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long! I've been so busy and so uninspired!
This is probably gonna be wrapped up soon. I totally lost inspiration for this story!!!
I'm sorry you guys!
Comment and what not!