Status: Very active. :)

Falling and Failing Is All I Know

Four

Kara sighed as she showed her backstage pass at the door and was waved inside by the security guard. She hadn’t wanted to come tonight, but Matt wouldn’t let her say no. He made her feel guilty about not wanting to see her old friends play just because of Brian. She tried to argue, but he wouldn’t hear it.

She contemplated leaving and just going home as she walked down the short hallway to the door labeled with the band’s name.

“Hey Kara, you actually showed!” Jimmy yelled as he came around a corner.

“Dammit, now I can’t leave,” Kara mumbled to herself as she forced a small and walked forward to hug Jimmy.

“The other guys are in the dressing room area, come with me.”

She followed him, trying to make herself seem at least a little more cheerful. That was hard considering the first thing her eyes fell on when she entered the room was Brian with his arms around Roxanne, yet again. She could’ve definitely dealt without that.

It took everything she had not to react in a negative way to it, and she decided not to let it bother her anymore. She was with him three years ago, it’s not so surprising that he moved on and forgot all about her.

“Hey guys,” she said with a smile as everyone turned to look when she walked through the door.

She was greeted with smiles and hugs all around. Well except for Brian, he was lost in his own little world with Roxanne. He never even noticed her walk through the door.

“You got here just in time. We go on in ten minutes,” Matt said.

“I’m kind of excited to see you up on stage, Mr. Sanders,” Kara said, laughing as he frowned at the formal title.

“That makes me sound old, stick to calling me Matt.”

“We’re all going to Ihop after the show, you should come with us,” Johnny said, bouncing forward just to fall to his knees and pretend to beg.

“I don’t know, I have work tomorrow. I’ll be late enough getting home as it is.”

Johnny frowned before turned to Zacky and demanding him to make her agree to go. Zacky just shrugged his shoulders and looked to Matt, knowing that he was the only one that could make her do anything.

“Come with us, Kara. You look like you could use a little fun in your life. A night out with old friends is just what you need,” Matt said, looking at her in a way that made her unable to say no.

“Okay, but only for a little while.”

“Sweet!” Johnny screamed, lunging forward to pull her into a very enthusiastic hug.

“It’s time to go on guys,” a girl with rainbow colored hair and a clipboard said, leaning in the door.

“I’ll show you the best place to stand,” Matt said, grabbing Kara’s hand and pulling her out of the room ahead of everyone else.

He took her to place right off the side of the stage and pushed his hands down on her shoulders, as if to make her stay there.

“Good luck out there,” Kara said with a smile.

She could already practically feel the energy rolling off of him as he prepared to step out on stage. He nodded and gave her a quick hug before jogging out on stage. As the rest of the band walked past Kara, she gave them all either high fives or hugs, whichever they went for.

Brian was the last to walk by and Kara didn’t really know how to act towards him. She wanted nothing more than to pull him into a tight hug and never let go, but she couldn’t do that. Especially with Roxanne standing five feet away, eyeing her warily as Brian approached.

“I’m glad you could make it,” Brian said, walking by without making any contact with her, eye or otherwise.

~x~

To say the guys were amazing on stage was a complete understatement. They put on one of the best shows Kara had ever seen before and they didn’t play a single song she didn’t like. She made note of her favorites, so she could tell the guys how much she liked them later on.

She high fived everyone yet again as they came off the stage. She refused to give any hugs since they were all sweaty and she still had to go to eat with them. She didn’t want to smell like band sweat.

She followed them back into the dressing room where Matt told her to just wait there while they all went and showered. She was perfectly fine with waiting until Roxanne walked into the room and sank down next to her.

“He doesn’t want you anymore, you know,” Roxanne said with a very snotty look on her face.

Kara tried to just ignore her. She didn’t feel like getting into any kind of altercation with her. If she wanted to be friends with the guys, she needed to try her best to get along with their girlfriends as well. No matter how hard that was already proving to be.

“I was talking to you!”

“I know and I don’t care,” Kara said calmly.

“You do. I saw the way you looked at us when you stepped on that bus yesterday. It’s tearing you up inside to see me with Brian.”

“Don’t flatter yourself, bitch,” Kara said, allowing her anger to break down the walls she had built to hold it in.

“Well I’m not going anywhere, so you better get used to it.”

Over the next ten minutes, Roxanne repeatedly tried to get a reaction out of Kara, but she wouldn’t give her the pleasure of that. She was not worth Kara getting mad at.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, the guys reappeared and they set off for the restaurant. Kara followed behind the bus in her car, and she was extremely thankful for the few minutes of silence and just being alone for a little while.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
Enter my contest here!