Midnight ***er

Chapter 23

“Frank I… ah… I can’t,” I didn’t even try to distance myself from him though as I spoke.

“Why?” he tightened his grip on me and pushed his neck closer to my lips. “Don’t you want me to be yours?”

“More than anything but this all seems wrong somehow because you were just telling me that you didn’t understand your own feelings about me.”

“I know trying to leave you hurt and that’s enough for me,” he replied as he lifted his face so our lips could meet in a gentle kiss. Well it started as a gentle one but now both of us had our feelings out in the open we threw caution and any resistance to the wind. Our tongues met and did battle as we fought for dominance and our hands were pulling at each others shirts to feel the skin beneath.

We separated only when the need for oxygen took over our systems. Well hi system as I was dead and didn’t need any oxygen. That thought was enough to still my hand that had found its way beneath his shirt. I did find that I was unable to detract my hands though. He looked up at me, “What’s the matter?” Frank had also stopped his movement but hadn’t moved away.

“Ah… I am dead among other things Frank and you deserve so much better than me; than this.” I pulled my hand from his shirt and brushed the hair from his face. “I can’t condemn you to this so called life because I love you far too much.”

“Like you didn’t condemn me to hell on Earth by murdering Jamia!” his anger had returned it seemed and along with it so did the tears. Frank pushed me away from him, “The one thing you can do to make me feel better, and you won’t help!”

“I won’t make it better by killing you,” I pointed out gently.

“What is left for me in life?” he cried, “she is gone and so are you. In what you can give me you will at least be with me. Gerard… Gee… please, I need something… give me something.”

“I just… Frank, I can’t…”

“I thought you cared about me and that you… Oh God, was it all a lie?”

“What? No, sugar I care and it’s because I care that I can’t kill you,” I wanted to go to him but as I stepped towards him he shrank away from me. I heaved a sigh, “Nothing was a lie sugar.”

“You must hate Mikey then.”

“Of course I don’t hate him,” I frowned, “why would you say such a thing?”

“You won’t turn me because you care apparently but you turned him!” Frank turned away from me and started walking away from me. “I just can’t believe you anymore Gerard so… Yeah… Goodbye.”

I just watched him walk away; there was nothing left to say. I was standing where he had left me when I heard his cry. I ran and saw him on the floor, the bite marks still visible on his neck. I looked up and saw a woman with dark hair watching me. “This is my gift to you Gerard… Well, my second gift.”

With that she was gone and the marks vanished, “I wanted him alive,” I whimpered. Frank opened his eyes and looked at me, the question evident in his face, “you’re dying.”

“Stay with me?” Frank’s question made me nod and he crawled onto my lap before his eyes closed and he began to slip away from the world.

I couldn’t bear it and lifted him before running into east and the rising sun. Pain, blinding pain tore through me and then I became nothing but dust in the wind as did my precious Frank. I only hope he was reunited with Jamia.

Me? Like I said I am nothing but that dust as I never moved on.

**END**
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?