Sequel: Don't Stop Now
Status: Finished

Break Me Down

Ten

The feeling during the rest of tour was very tense, although on speaking terms the atmosphere between the bass player and the rhythm guitarist. The latter wasn’t still entirely convinced Garrett was telling the truth so didn’t liaise with him on the normal level. The boys arrived home and Kennedy for one could not wait. As soon as the car pulled up to his house he ran out of the doors, fumbling with the seatbelt which he almost forgot to take off, the tall male took his bags as fast as his arms would let him and he sprinted into the house. The property was very still, Kennedy gulped as he set his bag down and looked around, she wasn’t here. Although he had been told by Garrett she wouldn’t be home, it was a shock to not have her there, seeing it for himself really hit him hard, Kennedy trudged up the stairs to take a shower, his post tour ritual. This time however he had tears coming down his face.

“Oh hey Kennedy.” Garrett’s smile dropped significantly when he saw the expression on his guitarists face.

“I swear to God Garrett if you know where she is.”

“I don’t I have told you I don’t, what’s bought this on I thought we settled this dude.”

“I just thought, I thought she could secretly be at home but she’s not, I’ve been there I’ve
showered, slept and ate and there is no sign of her, no sign she was ever there and I
dunno it’s really bringing me down.”

“I can see that, so if I knew I’d tell you Ken I swear. I’m sorry she’s not here, hey maybe she’ll come back soon. This is Lilly we’re talking about she can never go too long without your mums cooking, even when she was at college she was home at least once a month.”

“You’re right, she’s coming back soon. Thank you Garrett.” With that Kennedy trudged back to his house.

“Hey Lilly it’s Garrett again, just calling to see how you are please pick up or text me. Speak later.” Garrett sighed once he half threw his phone on the bed and sat down. It was Friday, him and the rest of the guys arrived home from tour on the Monday and the last time he had any correspondence from Lilly was Wednesday. Naturally the brown eyes blue haired boy was worried; she was in a place which he had never seen people and staying with people who he knew little to nothing about. He was considering going to see her just to put his mind to rest, she had sent him an address in case of emergencies or in case she wanted to came home and to Garrett this was an emergency. Unfortunately he was due to have lunch with everybody the next day, meaning he had to wait to at least that Saturday late afternoon until he slip off unnoticed of course, Kennedy especially could not know a thing about this trip and the best way of assuring that would be to not tell anybody in the band.

Lunch went smoothly and to the convenience of Garrett rather quickly, what he didn’t count on however was his lead singer insisting on going to Garrett’s house because his TV was better and there was something he wanted to watch that evening. Not being able to turn down a friend Garrett politely said yes and hoped he could slip out later telling John he was going to the store but setting off for the other side of Arizona.

“Why do you keep doing that?” John asked Garrett when both were seated on one of the downstairs sofas.

“What do you mean?”

“You keep looking at your phone or the clock, do you have somewhere else to be cause if you do that’s fine I mean I can leave you know.”

“No, no it’s okay I’m fine just, just drop it.”

“Okay what is it?” Being in a band with Garrett for a number of years John knew when there was something bothering his bassist, which was quite a rare occurrence since Garrett was definitely the happiest guy in the band out to please everyone.

“Wish I could tell you,” Garrett mumbled, knowing John as well as John knew himself he knew there was no point lying to the singer.

“What’s the matter do you not trust me or something?”

“It’s not that but if someone else ever found out our necks would be on the line.”

“You know where she is don’t you?” A grin appeared on John’s face; although he left college early and almost failed a couple of classes in high school he was somewhat intelligent.

“She hasn’t spoken to me in a few days John I don’t know what to do. Well I do know what to do I want to go and see her just to know she’s okay but I’m scared.”

“Of Kennedy?”

“And of what I’ll find, what if she’s not okay?”

“Only one way to find out, come on we’re going.” John stood up and walked over to the front door, Garrett jogging behind trying to catch up, picking up his keys from the side. As he was opening his distinct yellow car a feeling of bubbling erupted in his stomach, after much too long he was going to see Lilly that thought alone was enough to bring a big smile to his face.