Sequel: Don't Stop Now
Status: Finished

Break Me Down

Thirteen

Lilly kept to her promise she made to her older brother a week ago, after thinking about what she really wanted to do she had been thinking about going back to school and finishing her degree. As happy as everyone was Lilly started to make plans to move forward they were a bit apprehensive about her going back to college just in case it bought back bad memories for her. These opinions had yet to be voiced and Lilly had been researching and applying to college’s to finish off her studies.
The petite red head was rushing down the stairs in excitement, she was so over rushed with adrenaline she almost fell over her small feet as she reached the bottom stair.
“Whoa slow down there mini Brock, don’t want to go to hospital again,” Jared joked trying not to laugh as Lilly regained her footing.

“Sorry I am just so excited about this ACCEPTANCE LETTER!”

“What?” Kennedy asked his eyes going on red alert.

“To go back and finish my degree, it’s what I really wanna do I mean I’ve been thinking and I haven’t wanted to do anything else I want to be a psychologist. What do you think I have been doing for the past few weeks? I mean I haven’t just been browsing I’ve been seriously looking at places and applying and I’ve got in can you believe it? Willing to take me back on after everything.”

“Are you sure this is what you want to do?” Kennedy asked walking over to his sister trying to see any trace of uncertainty in her eyes but failing.

“Of course I’m sure...”

“What Kennedy means is, we just want to make sure you’re completely ready for this.” John voiced his concerns.

“Of course I’m ready I wouldn’t be doing it otherwise.”

“We just don’t want you to get there and get scared because of old memories that’s all Lilly.” Garrett once again spoke softly to her, hoping she would once again come round to his way of thinking.

“I mean what if you bump into someone or whenever you walk passed the place it happened and it all came flooding back, we just don’t want you to get upset again. This time it was Pat’s turn.

“I’m not going to get emotional cause...”

“It’s okay you saying that but you really need to mean it.” Kennedy cut off Lilly who wasn’t best too pleased.

“It’s kind of hard to walk past something when you’re not there.” Lilly put all her weight on
her right foot and crossed her arms over her chest.

“What do you mean you’re not going to be there?” Kennedy asked growing frustrated.

“Well if you let me get a word in edgeways. Kennedy the offer isn’t in ASU it’s er... a bit further away.”

“That’s cool I mean we were worried certain things would bring back memories but if you’re not going to be there then it might help.”

“No Kennedy It’s a lot further away than that.”

“How far? Like California or something?”

“Try London.” Lilly bit down on her bottom lip waiting for everyone to explode.

“LONDON? AS IN ENGLAND LONDON? AS IN A WHOLE DIFFERENT COUNTRY?” Kennedy didn’t mean to raise his voice but he couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

“This can be good for me Kenny, a new start and it would be only be for a little while, until I’ve finished my degree and I’ll probably come back.”

“Probably come back?” Garrett looked hurt; he was trying to repress his anger as much as he could. The last thing he wanted was an argument.

“Well I mean I plan on coming back but you never know what’s going to happen.”

“Lilly think about this, you’re going to be alone in a strange country.” Kennedy put his hands on his younger sister’s shoulders, as if it would get her to agree with him.

“A fresh start Kennedy. This is something I really want to do and I think it will be so good for me! Some time away to be independent again!” Lilly was too busy trying to plead Kennedy with her eyes she didn’t notice the sad bassist slip out the front door.

Garrett couldn’t believe it, he didn’t want her to go, he was so close to getting her, she was getting better he felt it was the right time. Many questions were going through his head; what if she met some English guy and fell in love with him and never stepped on American soil again? He couldn’t handle that, her putting a lot of trust in him lately and getting her life back on track made him realize she was the girl he wanted to be with and what better time to do it. These thoughts however were now crushed, along with Garrett’s spirit.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have only had one comment for this story, could you please manage to view your thoughts?