Sequel: Don't Stop Now
Status: Finished

Break Me Down

Twenty

Kennedy rushed downstairs with his face like thunder, his features softened when he saw Garrett was in the house meaning the couple made up but his features flushed firm again when he turned to his sister.

“I just had a phone call from our lawyer. He’s getting out Lilly, that monster that hurt you is being let back out on to our streets!” Kennedy almost shouted not quite believing what he was saying.

“What?!” Garrett exclaimed looking at Lilly who looked a mixture of angry, sad and petrified.

“I can’t believe they released him in the end even though I wouldn’t help him!” She sighed with frustrating, the stress of the situation clouding over the fact she had revealed her secret.

“Wait, you knew he was up parole?” Kennedy asked running his hands through his hair roughly. Lilly looked at her brother then her boyfriend before admitting defeat.

“I got a letter from the prison, asking me to see William since he requested it he obviously couldn’t come to me direct because of the restraining order. I wanted answers so I decided to go, I had a plan I would ask him the questions I wanted to and then leave. He started talking about how he was a changed man but I just couldn’t get my head round it, when he let slip he was up for parole I left. I just felt so sick after everything he put me through he still wanted stuff from me after he took so much from me already.” As much as she tried to stay composed Lilly couldn’t help but shed a few tears, Garrett wanted nothing more than to put his arms around his girl but he couldn’t, the situation was too weird for him to act normally.

“Why didn’t you say anything?” Garrett asked facing the red head.

“I thought if I told you you’d go to that prison and smack him one, I just thought I would try and forget it.”

“That’s why you’ve been so distant lately! Lilly you should have just said.”

“When are you going to stop letting him get in the way of your life Lilly?” Kennedy sighed almost tearing his hair out at this point.

“Because I knew you would react like this! Is it too much to ask to just leave him alone in the past and move on!”

“It is when it is obviously affecting you like this Lil’s; keeping it in wasn’t good for you!” Garrett grew even more frustrated with his girlfriend; he looked over to Kennedy who was raging.

“You should have said something Lilly! To me at least or to our lawyer and maybe we could have prevented this from happening! But now only God knows what’s going to happen, is he going to come back for you? Or he could go to someone else and do it to her too but did you think of that Lilly? No of course you didn’t!”

“I just wanted it to be over.” Lilly said her voice wavering slightly as she tried to stay strong, at this moment Garrett couldn’t have attached his arms to Lilly fast enough suddenly understanding her actions and why she did them.

“It’s okay Lilly we’re just scared for you that’s all, just promise us if something happens you’ll come clean about it?” Garrett kissed the top of his girlfriends head taking a second to smell her hair, a habit he had quickly picked up since he loved the scent so much. Kennedy took a seat closer to his sibling and took the hand closest to him.

“We just want you to be safe and he is out you’re not as safe, it just scared me that’s all.”
“I don’t think there is anything we could have done anyway. I refused to help him yet they let him out anyway, I don’t think he is stupid enough to come anywhere near me there must be some kind of condition of his release.”

“They did say something about a suspended sentence, I’m just going to call mum and dad I’ll be right back okay?” Lilly nodded a response at her brother and faced her boyfriend properly once again.

“No more secrets I promise Garrett.”

“No more secrets, in that case Lilly I have something to tell you,” Garrett sighed, he was scared at what her reaction would be to the news about him and Rachael but he had to tell her, if she was going to be honest with him he had to do the same.

“Is everything okay babe?”

“Before I came here I was meeting up with someone, it was Rachael but we were just talking about old times I swear, when she got too close I stood up and told her I had you Lilly nothing happened but I just thought I’d tell you.”

“So you went from me back to her?”

“No, no I bumped into her randomly after we had that argument, I went to clear my head and just saw her. I know it sounds like a huge coincidence but it’s the truth Lilly I would never ever do that to you okay you have to believe me.” Garrett’s heart sped up as he saw Lilly sigh and close her eyes; she opened them again and looked right into Garrett’s deep blue pools.

“I believe you Garrett, thank you for telling me.” Garrett smiled and gently brushed his fingers under his girlfriends chin before lifting it up slightly for better access and swiftly kissed her. What was intended to be an innocent kiss turned into a lot more quickly, both parties missed the taste of the others lips too much to pull away soon; it was fair to say all was forgiven.