Sequel: Don't Stop Now
Status: Finished

Break Me Down

Three

Lilly was waiting patiently on the sofa in the front lounge. It was over a week into tour and Kennedy had been so busy with the band Lilly would have spoken to him more if she’d been at home. It was meant to be an off day so Kennedy proposed a brother sister which Lilly excitedly agreed to. Lilly was waiting for him excitedly fiddling with the hem of her dress. Lilly and Kennedy frequently had brother sister days whenever he was home, once or twice a week they would spend the whole day together having fun, even turning their phones off. Lilly heard her cell ringing in the quiet bus and picked it up hastily in case someone was sleeping in the bunks.

“Hey Kenny,” her voice sung through the silence.

“You’re going to hate me. Something’s come up. It’s an interview I am so sorry but I really can’t get out of it, next off day I will spend with you Jared has promised me he’ll fill in for me if I get asked okay?”

“Yeah okay Kenny I understand it’s your job. We’ll do it another time.” Lilly hung up and sighed, just because she understood didn’t mean she wasn’t upset. Lilly thought about going to her bunk and reading but that’s all she had done on this tour, she decided Kennedy or no Kennedy she would go out. She took a cardigan, she wasn’t too sure on where she was but it wasn’t too cold so there was no need for a jacket. She stepped off the bus and decided to roam around which ever town or city she was in. Lilly liked to walk around on her own sometimes, she felt as if it was her with the world and she could be at one with the earth, she never told anyone that for fear of sounding like some kind of hippie but she did enjoy it. After what seemed an age of window shopping her path crossed a Starbucks and Lilly decided to have a break. Once seated with a Panini and a cappuccino Lilly sighed contently and looked around the shop watching the world go by. Lilly caught a guy’s eye and looked away quickly feeling uncomfortable. The female kept her gaze to the table as she ate and drank; feeling uncomfortable all the time having a seeking suspicion she was being stared at. Once she finished consuming her goods Lilly got up and made sure she had everything with her before setting off back to the bus. After saying a thank you to a people behind the counter Lilly was slightly taken aback when the door swung open before she reached it. The male who’s gaze she caught before was leaning against the door, holding it open for her.

“After the lady.” His voice was low and smooth, he seemed very calm and like he had done this many times before. Lilly managed a small smile still not feeling entirely comfortable with the situation. She was all for good manners and people holding doors open when passing through but this guy seemed to be going out his way to things for her, which she found odd for a stranger. Lilly passed through the door swiftly and shuddered slightly when the guy in question shouted to her to wait. She stopped and turned around to look at the tall gentleman. He was good looking enough but Lilly seldom thought of guys like that anymore, he looked like he could fit in to The Maine well, tall slender messy yet styled hair.

“Haven’t seen you here before, you new? I could show you around if you like.” The guy edged closer to Lilly, her breath hitched her throat but not in the good way.

“P... please leave me, me al... alone,” Lilly stammered keeping her gaze on the floor.

“I just don’t think a pretty girl like you should be on her own.” Lilly could feel his body heat starting to radiate on to her own form that’s when she ran. Tears ran down her porcelain skin as memories of that fateful night came flooding back in her brain. No matter how much she shook her head the images of her waking up feeling bruised, sore and violated. She ran until she reached the bus, flying up the stairs and into her bunk. It was such a mistake to think she could go out; the bunk was the only place Lilly felt safe and she was not going to leave it any time soon.

“Lilly we’re going out for dinner do you want to come?” Lilly shook slightly when the curtain of her bunk ripped open. She kept her head still pretending to be asleep with her head face down in the pillow; no one could know she had been crying.

“Lilly?” Pat asked, his hand touched her shoulder lightly, intending to slightly shake her body but Lilly jumped at the touch and shuffled as close as the wall as possible.

“Sorry, you startled me,” Lilly muttered looking up at Pat forgetting her tearstained face.

“Lilly what happened?” Pat asked before shouting for Kennedy before Lilly could protest. Lilly just shook her head frightened to recall the event.

“Pat what’s the... LILLY? What’s wrong hunny?” Lilly shook her head again as tears started to fall down her cheeks again. She felt scared, alone but most of all pathetic, there was a time when she was so strong. She missed the old her so much but didn’t know how to get her back.