Sequel: Two Breaths Walking

Heartland

Chapter Thirteen

Alice grinned then kicked March Hare off the bed, knocking him unconscious.

She jumped down and started to drag him towards her closet.

She opened the doors to see her closet full of dresses all over the world.

She dragged him inside then dropped him.

She went out and grabbed a chair and placed it under the doorknob.

She suddenly heard footsteps coming towards her door.

Alice sprang to her feet then grabbed the nearest book and sat down, reading the book.

The doors flew open and the Prince burst in.

"Have you seen March Hare, Alice?" He asked her.

Alice shrugged, "That damn cottontail left me after he saw a peasant."

The Prince smirked then pointed at the chair that was under the doorknob, "Well, how do you explain that?"

Alice pouted childishly and jumped under her covers, "Well, I thought the monsters would come and try to eat me so I placed that chair under that doorknob."

He shook his head as he heard March Hare shout behind the door, "For God's sakes, Alice, we all know you would eat them first before they ate you!"

Alice swore and cursed him as she took the chair off and when she opened the door, March Hare fell down to the ground as if he were kissing it.

"Oh thank god, Jack you're here. I thought I would've died by that psycho crazy woman's hands!" He then looked at Alice and said, "No offense."

She just gave him a death glare.

The Prince chuckled as Alice smashed the chair on March Hare's head knocking him unconscious.

Alice dragged him back to the closet but this time, she tied him up and gagged him.

Before she closed the door, she kicked him in the nuts and slammed the door close.

She glared at the Prince and said before leaving, "What happens in this room, stays in this room."