Status: Something new. Trying a new writing style. Hope It works out the way I want too!

Feel The Sun On Your Face, and the Sand In Your Toes

Jaydrian

“Jay just chill. It’ll be fine. Tonight will go perfectly. Just relax, it’s a beautiful day, the sun is shining, as always, and there’s…..there’s this really cute guy walking this way! BE COOL. STAY CALM. ACT NATURAL.” Addie flips her hair then puts her sunglasses back on.

I, on the other hand continue reading my book in the same manner as I had been the previous 2 minutes before. Addie starts to giggle. I glance over at her. “Are, you ok? You’re kind of freaking me out.”

She smiles nervously. “I’m fine. Just fine.” She unzips her sundress to reveal a very bright pink bathing suit. It was so pink it was almost blinding. Bleh. Pink. Not my favorite color.

This boy was getting closer to us and Addie became all the more fidgety. I take a deep breath and try to zone out all of this going on.

I finally finish the page I had reading for the twentieth time in a row when I hear Addie say, “Hi! I’m Addie! Are you the new kid?”

I push my sunglasses back so fast I thought I heard a snap. “Addison!” I look at her astonished then glance at this tall figure standing in front of me. It was distracting that he wasn’t wearing a shirt. I subconsciously roll my eyes. I stand up and dust the slight layer of sand off of my legs. “Sorry about that. Addie has quite the way to express herself. I hope she didn’t startle you. I’m Jaydrian by the way.” I force a smile. But as it has been said, my forced smiles are my better smiles than my normal ones. He smiles back at me.

That’s when I noticed his eyes. They were a piercing green. They were the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen. I shake the thought out of my head. Focus. You don’t need any distractions. After all, you are trying to graduate at the top of your class next year.

“I’m River. River Hemington.” As he was saying this, a girl walks up beside him.

“Hey, I was looking for you.” She puts a hand on his shoulder. That’s when I noticed it. They were twins. They were the most beautiful set of twins I had ever seen. They were completely identical except they were Fraternal.

“Oh hi.” She said, her cheeks turning the slightest shade of pink. “Addie and Jaydrian, this is my sister Riley.” She smiles and waves.

“Hi Riley. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

Addie steps forward. “Whoa, you guys are twins!! How awesome is that?!”

I roll my eyes. “Wow Addie, I never knew you were so observant. Good girl!” I pat her head. Addie blushes when River and Riley start to snicker. “Anyways, you’re Welcome party is being held at the McBeth residence which is Addie’s house. I guess I will see you both there now.” I shoot a look at Addie.

“Did I mention that I love you lots and that you’re the best friend anyone could ever have?” Addie said raising her shoulders and smiling.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” I wave my hand.

“What, you didn’t want to welcome us?” River’s face turned slightly darker.

I realized what I had said. “Oh no! Of course not! I mean of course I would want to welcome you guys but I’m not that much a party person. I guess you can label me as a goody-two-shoe.” As I said this, I knew I was right. I feel my face flush and tears well up in my eyes. I sniffle then clear my throat. “Well, I guess I will see you guys tonight then.” And with that I grabbed my surf board and walked determined to the crushingly clear cold blue water calling my name.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Questions? Ideas? :D